helicopteros sanitarios - ending contract

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
18 Feb 2009 12:00 AM by sands Star rating in Aberdeen X-San Pedro. 11 posts Send private message

Hi

Has anyone had any problems cancelling this service?  Hubby and I subscribed for a year and have to say received an excellent service but what with the world economy etc etc decided that our money was better invested in the UK than Spain and reluctantly returned to the UK late last year.  We sorted out all our bills. visited the above at their offices to say we were moving back etc -  they took a note and said that was OK.  Now low and behold they have debited our UK account again for the following year.  I contacted them to say this was wrong and initially they said that the person to whom we spoke should have told us we needed to back this in writing but if I faxed ID and a signed letter of cancellation they would refund the amount and agreed that it was pointless to pay for a service we could not use!!  I thought great- very helpful  and understaning thanks - was very impressed with the guy and his english!

but oh no I received no reply to my fax and had to call them again and they said they would send me an e-mail and told me it takes two or three weeks to refund any money.   This time the same guy who told me to fax, replied on e-mail and denied saying that I would get a refund  now, but that the fax I sent   would qulify us to cancel next years subscription. i.e for 2010.  I cannot fathom how the agreement to subscribe for one year allowed them (and I must speak to my UK bank also) to take money again this year.  They explained their T's & C's  said they could do this but when I called in before we left no-one said to confirm in writing and we left in good faith.  Faith now destroyed as they seem to be very uncompromising, which does surprise me as we already lost out on 4 months service from them on leaving!! 

No-doubt some-one will point out it was in small print somewhere, but a year on.... and we spoke with them...and the rep at the time did not say the mandate could be used again!!  I'm very disappointed in HS and feel that they are taking advantage of the fact that we are in the UK now which makes it more difficult for us.  Not good for a caring sharing service for genuine mistake , lack of communication??whichever.  Their reps and receptionists for not advising us when we called??  And now their telephone rep changing his story about the refund. 

When we tried to cancel telefonica I was aware they were reluctant to do so becuase they thought our tale of going back to UK was an excuse to change providers and we had a couple of problems but ironed them out.  Surely this medical service does not adopt the same stance.  I am very definately and reluctantly in the snow in Sunny Scotland.  Very disappointed in an organisation which I much admired.  Is this rip off HS? With the age of technology we could easily make out a backdated copy of letter and say we handed it in, how could they prove otherwise that they didn;t get it, but I did it in person verbally...

Apart from  'tough' you've lost £300,  any other experiences or same problem - any way to sort it out?

Now broke and cannot afford snow boots to replace my flip flops!

Like 0      
18 Feb 2009 10:33 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

I'm really surprised that they have acted in this way towards you.  We have been using them for over 4 years and they have always been absolutely brilliant.

EVERYTHING has to be done in writing here.  It's a total pain but very necessary in Spain.  Sending a fax is the best way as you get the confirmation slip showing it has been sent.

I'm not sure what you could do.  Maybe send them a link to this thread and tell them you won't give up until they refund you your money.  They do have a very good reputation in general and I'm sure they'd like to keep it that way.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
18 Feb 2009 10:39 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

How did they take your money from the UK bank? Was it by direct debit? If so, contact them and ask for a refund under the direct debit guarantee. If from your credit car, initiate a charge back.

It happens in the UK also, just look at car insurance. You take out a 1 yer policy, but the company will automatically renew your cover the next year unless you cancel it. They say they do this to avoid the potentil of you being uninsured.

Mark

Like 0      
20 Feb 2009 10:38 AM by sands Star rating in Aberdeen X-San Pedro. 11 posts Send private message

Hi guys

Thanks for your responses.  Yes i believe they offer a great service but they cannot reach me here!  I have contacted my bank and the payment was taken using my debit card details - I had never signed a DD mandate!  I certainly was not aware that they could use my card details again without my permission..the bank though will try and help and have notified this thread to tHS so I will keep you informed!!

Thanks for listening!!

Rgds

Like 0      
22 Apr 2009 4:45 PM by Plunket Star rating in Benalmadena, Costa D.... 36 posts Send private message

Plunket´s avatar

I started working for Helicopteros Sanitarios in February this year as a Sales Agent. In my training it was emphasised that it was imperitive that if anyone was going to pay by credit card,  I needed to explain to them that when they sign the authorisation slip they are also giving their authorisation for automatic yearly renewal and that should they wish to cancel the contract they have to do so in writing, either by a letter or fax.

I do make sure that people know this before they sign.  I hope that your problem has now been resolved. 

If I can help anyone with membership, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Plunket

This message was last edited by Plunket on 4/22/2009.

Like 0      
22 Apr 2009 7:20 PM by sands Star rating in Aberdeen X-San Pedro. 11 posts Send private message

Thanks for your message.  We did get this resolved via the Halifax Bank and we got all our Money back as the HS terms and conditions state that a Standing Order will be set up with the bank to collect next years payment, but no standing order was set up with the bank.  HS used my previous credit card details to take money from my bank and this is not a standing order so, we got our money back. 

All's well that ends well.

Regards

Sands.

Like 0      
22 Apr 2009 11:05 PM by Plunket Star rating in Benalmadena, Costa D.... 36 posts Send private message

Plunket´s avatar

That´s good to hear.  If anyone can help me to get in touch with groups of people who may wish to know more about the services on offer, perhaps you could send me a private message.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Big reductions in asking prices - 17 posts
Distressed Sales- before repossession! - 1 posts
Paperwork regarding Spanish reg car in UK. - 3 posts
Altos De La Zubia - 1 posts
The evil of Cancer - 5 posts
Vias verdes in Spain - 2 posts
playa flamenca - 0 posts
URGENT sale of contract at Las Terrazas de la Torre very good discount - 0 posts
carol - 2 posts
What does PRI stand for? - 5 posts
Chris - 0 posts
Estepona Carnival 20th Feb - 1 posts
actual dates of fiestas in Costa Blanca - 0 posts
How to find out who owns a property - 9 posts
Buying furniture in the UK to ship to Spain - 10 posts
New rules imposed before first AGM - 8 posts
Renault Megane Grand Scenic 7 Seater 4 years old €10,250 (Murcia) - 0 posts
Billy - 1 posts
Door Grills - 2 posts
Air Con recommendations? - 0 posts
Denia or Javea - 7 posts
For Sale: Iveco Daily XLWB 3500kg. - 0 posts
How should a community be run? - 7 posts
wanted villa in pinar de campoverde - 0 posts
SUMA - A RANT !!! - 7 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x