Place in the Sun - where are they now?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
02 Dec 2008 10:02 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Thanks for that.

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
02 Dec 2008 11:03 PM by cbrammeld Star rating. 172 posts Send private message

I too have been off work for about 8 weeks but stopped watching day time tv, especially property programs. Out of date  and ill informed junk. However these programs are not as bad as the Jeremy Kyle type of programs. You know the type - my girl friend (17 years old)has got 3 kids to 3 different fathers and my dad has slept with her and she is pregnant again, who is the father? Wrist slashing inducement programs.

Watching the tv will only make you mad and depressed. I might be off work for a few months yet while waiting on an operation, I will be completely gaga if I watch all the xmas guff thats about to come on tv. Thank god for websites like this one.

Colin

Like 0      
03 Dec 2008 9:57 AM by xetog Star rating in Wiltshire/holiday ap.... 514 posts Send private message

Are we all sick?  I too have been laid up since December 5th when I had emergency surgery, but I work from home and although I cannot drive before Dec 18th, I can work on my PC, so all is not lost and at least I am not anchored to the TV as in the early weeks.  I am now asking myself why I spent so much money setting up UK TV in Spain.  It doesn't work anymore any way and we now simply take DVD's with us for the occasions when we can't get out. 

I fully subscribe to the views of others on daytime TV, although I do watch "Homes Under the Hamme", because I like to see what people can do with complete wrecks and "Working Lunch" (whilst I have my lunch break) which I used to watch to get the latest on the euro, but that has gone rapidly downhill since the format was changed. Everything on TV has an angle which is intended to be soporific to the masses.  I believe it's a kind of drug to keep the minds of the important people in this country (the underclass on benefits) off the dire straights we find ourselves in.  I call it "Dumb down TV".

Just today in the newspaper is a report that the Police are to be given powers to demand ID (not just name and address) off of anyone who has ever travelled abroad under pain of fine or imprisoment and not just when you re-enter the country.  This is what's important and has to be resisted by those of us still able to drag our eyes away from the drug of the masses.

Mike

My Better Half (Much better) has just pointed out to me that my brain has become so much mush that I should have said that I have been off since 5th NOVEMBER.

Mike

This message was last edited by xetog on 12/3/2008.

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Would it be wise to try to switch mortgage providers - 1 posts
Hi - 4 posts
Books for sale, suit car booter. - 0 posts
Finally accepted that we need Maria's help. - 1 posts
Pool builder wanted in Calpe area - 3 posts
Buying a car - 1 posts
Questions for the wise.... - 2 posts
Economy Boost in Spain - 0 posts
TORRESAT................scrambled.... - 3 posts
Woolworths - 7 posts
asdAAAGH !!! - 7 posts
Calpe at Christmas - 1 posts
Xmas Day Lunch Los Alcazares - 10 posts
Small sailing dinghy for sale. Flying Bee. - 3 posts
Work vehicle required. - 1 posts
Anyone know of a Gestor in the Andalucia region? - 6 posts
vets - 5 posts
Free advertsing sites & receiving rental income - 13 posts
Hotel in Duquesa? - 3 posts
Looking for People Looking for Jobs - 4 posts
Long term care hire - 1 posts
mar y casa ? - 5 posts
Made to pay €10235.65 - 2 posts
Legalities - Here you can post all your questions - 6 posts
Legalities - Here you can post all your questions - 10 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 23

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x