Questions for the wise....

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
28 Nov 2008 12:00 AM by majisman Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

We ( the wife and I ) bought a parcel of land on a local urbanisation in 2002 , it had permission to build and we instructed a local builder with the project. Half way in the builder went skint and I assumed the job of project manager and with the help of the architect finished the job in 2004. In April 2005 we had the certificate on the "final de Obra"..

Life since then has been sweet however our circumstances have changed and we need to raise some cash against the value of the property. We dont currently have a mortgage and are looking to raise about 30% of the value of the property but as the property has never been added to the deeds for the plot things are going to be difficult I guess.

When I was building the house I was told ( by someone ) that after a period of four or four and a half years I could simply go to the local town hall and get the deeds amended to show the property , I could then get a LFO and would have a fully legalised property and should be able to speak to a lender about getting a loan.

Can any body confirm if this is remotely true ? If so what is the likely cost to get the deeds updated ? How long is it likely to take ? If not true what do I need to do to get the ball rolling and what are the cost implications.

Many thanks in advance.

Roger.

Like 0      
28 Nov 2008 12:00 PM by rowlandsbb Star rating in Gloucestershire &Hue.... 779 posts Send private message

rowlandsbb´s avatar

Best thing to do is ' get a good lawyer' to sort everything out

You seem to have been left in peace to enjoy your home in Spain so far but for long term security it is probably best to get your title sorted and ony a lawyer can do that for you-then you may be able to raise the finance you need

Good luck

[ There is one who posts on EOS...may be worth giving her a call.....not used her myself but her post are good]

Like 0      
28 Nov 2008 12:15 PM by summer1010 Star rating. 62 posts Send private message

summer1010´s avatar

I used Lawyers of Spain, in Marbella to buy my apartment in Arenal Golf in Benalmadena and I have found them to be very competent.

I still receive a monthly newsletter and the latest one dealt with just this problem of untitled property.  If you want to get in touch with them they have a website, and their English is excellent!

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Economy Boost in Spain - 0 posts
TORRESAT................scrambled.... - 3 posts
Woolworths - 7 posts
asdAAAGH !!! - 7 posts
Calpe at Christmas - 1 posts
Xmas Day Lunch Los Alcazares - 10 posts
Small sailing dinghy for sale. Flying Bee. - 3 posts
Work vehicle required. - 1 posts
Anyone know of a Gestor in the Andalucia region? - 6 posts
vets - 5 posts
Free advertsing sites & receiving rental income - 13 posts
Hotel in Duquesa? - 3 posts
Looking for People Looking for Jobs - 4 posts
Long term care hire - 1 posts
mar y casa ? - 5 posts
Made to pay €10235.65 - 2 posts
Legalities - Here you can post all your questions - 6 posts
Legalities - Here you can post all your questions - 10 posts
Girona Grapevine - 0 posts
BravaChat Pocast 05 - 0 posts
markandjane - 5 posts
fishing on the costa blanca - 0 posts
Help please, Witness to a Crime with Force - 4 posts
Ryanair announces plans to leave Blackpool airport - 0 posts
What a nice set of folk you are - 6 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x