SKY+ BOX - "PLEASE WAIT" message on planner.

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
19 Nov 2008 12:00 AM by satandpcguy Star rating in Gandia, Valencia. 399 posts Send private message

satandpcguy´s avatar

Just to let you know and incase many of you think your Sky+ box has gone "up the creek" new software was deployed on Monday (17th).Some, not all, Sky+ receivers have been having problems with accessing the Recording Planner....with the message "Please Wait" on the screen....

This is due to a software issue with the newly deployed software and SKY technical boffins are working on the problem.

Until then they say to use the box you may have to do the following process to "reactivate" the planner

1) Put into Standby
2) Take out viewing card
3) Power Off at Mains
4) Power On (after 10-20 seconds)
5) Press On after 30 seconds or so.
6) Planner was available
7) POWER DOWN again, then re-insert viewing card, THEN power up.
8) Insert Sky Card again
9) Wait for update to channels again
10) Planner Still OK

Do not do a Planner Rebuild or Full System Restore (the latter wipes your hard drive!) - as this could damage the disk and you may loose some recordings on the box.

Again, this is NOT affecting ALL Sky+ boxes, just some. Just thought you may like to be aware of this!

This message was last edited by satandpcguy on 11/19/2008.

www.satandpcguy.com Satellite TV & Sky TV in Spain installers. Costa Blanca, Azahar and Valencia areas.

"Like" us on Facebook

Like 0      
19 Nov 2008 8:31 PM by J&N Star rating in Nottinghamshire. 342 posts Send private message

J&N´s avatar

Hi

Thank you for this post - we thought our Sky+ box was about to die and being permanently in Spain knew we couldn't ring Sky as it says.

However, having told my hubby about this info, I am unable to try it to see if it fixes our problem as there is no way he will interrupt his current viewing - the England match!

Jacqui

Jacqui

http://relocatetospain.blogspot.com our adventure from deciding to move to Spain to being here and moving back to the UK.

Like 0      
27 Nov 2008 7:26 AM by satandpcguy Star rating in Gandia, Valencia. 399 posts Send private message

satandpcguy´s avatar

UPDATE:

Sky have rolled back the software to its previous version.

Sky+ boxes will be back in standby mode this morning, and the planner will be avilable.

IF you have turned off the autostanby mode, you can now turn it back on Services, 4,5...

www.satandpcguy.com Satellite TV & Sky TV in Spain installers. Costa Blanca, Azahar and Valencia areas.

"Like" us on Facebook

Like 0      
27 Nov 2008 1:35 PM by sarah&john Star rating in Estepona, Spain. 50 posts Send private message

Hi,

We have sky+ here in the UK and when we move over to Duquesa we were hoping to bring it with us. How does it work, do we tell sky here we are leaving the UK and moving to Spain, cancel it all together here in UK and do something when we get over to Spain? We pay about £48 a month for it now. We don't have movies as not bothered about them, just sport and all the others sky1 etc.

Any help would be great then I can tick it off my list of questions!!

Sarah & John

Like 0      
27 Nov 2008 1:40 PM by sarah&john Star rating in Estepona, Spain. 50 posts Send private message

Do we bring our dish with us or is there a larger one there we need to purchase - don't know where we will be living yet though (we like Costa Galera - Estepona/Duquesa)  so not sure if that makes a difference

Thanks again.

Like 0      
27 Nov 2008 4:18 PM by satandpcguy Star rating in Gandia, Valencia. 399 posts Send private message

satandpcguy´s avatar

Firstly if you want to keep your sky subscription going never NEVER NEVER tell sky you are moving out to spain as they will cut your card off, and can blacklist the account.

if you want to keep sky subs going, best to tell them you have moved house, and change the addres on their system to a freind or relatives (preferably one without sky) . at the same time you do this cancel any part of the sub you want to....

bring your sky box (and card), but forget about a sky dish from the uk....it will work and get some channels, but will not be big enough to get most of the sky package, and nowhere near big enough to get bbc,itv,c4.

click on my page for more info on sky in spain....i may not serve the area you are movcing tobut at least i can help if you email or pm me...

hope this helps

"Like" us on Facebook

Like 0      
27 Nov 2008 5:59 PM by sarah&john Star rating in Estepona, Spain. 50 posts Send private message

Thanks for the info on that. If we cancel sky all together what happens in Spain with the box, what will we pick up or won't we as the card will have been cancelled? Basically what I mean is if we still want sky in Spain do we have to continue paying the £48 a month? Of is there an alternative? Thanks again.

Like 0      
27 Nov 2008 6:55 PM by satandpcguy Star rating in Gandia, Valencia. 399 posts Send private message

satandpcguy´s avatar

no matter where you live if you want to watch sky tv channels via satellite you will still need to pay for them...

with no sky card and no subscription you will only get the free tv channels. bbc,itv,c4 are all free, but require a big dish depending on your area - when i sayt big, i mean 1,8 or 2,.4m!

a sky card with no subscription should / will revert to a freesatfromsky card, and will continue to get five, five us, fiver, sky 3, set sports news.

if you want to know what channels you will get without a sub...simply take your card out and try your favourite channels... if it says "insert sky card" then that channel is subscription. or look at the links in this thread

http://www.satandpcguy.com/forum/showthread.php?55

which has channel list of what you get on freesat, freesatfromsky and sky.

you can subscribe to d+, digital plus, spains satellite pay tv service - www.plus.es..but they do not have UK channels.

This message was last edited by satandpcguy on 18/07/2010.

"Like" us on Facebook

Like 0      
27 Nov 2008 7:00 PM by sarah&john Star rating in Estepona, Spain. 50 posts Send private message

Thanks so much for the info. Looks like we will keep sky+ subscription and just not tell them we are moving to Spain. Finding somebody's house address to use who hasn't got sky is going to be the tricky one, everybody I know has it!!

Like 0      
27 Nov 2008 7:42 PM by satandpcguy Star rating in Gandia, Valencia. 399 posts Send private message

satandpcguy´s avatar

but if you do not change the address to people you can trust you will not get any and new sky cards...that sky tend to issue every 4 to 5 years...with the next one being rumoured to be east 2009...

you can use an address of someone that already has sky (say it is a self contained granny flat or student flat) but do NOT go for the sky multiroom options if the offer it...it requires box digiboxes and cards to be linked to the uk telephone sytsem so that they know the cheap 2nd card is not being used elsewhere...

"Like" us on Facebook

Like 0      
27 Nov 2008 8:05 PM by sarah&john Star rating in Estepona, Spain. 50 posts Send private message

We have multi room now so we could just cancel that and take the main card from the sky box downstairs?

Sounds complicated - it doesn't take much to complicate me! Thanks.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Ryanair to Close Fuerteventura Routes From January ’09 - 0 posts
ANYONE NEED ITEMS SHIPPING TO AND FROM UK - 3 posts
ANYONE NEED SOMETHING SHIPPING TO OR FROM SPAIN??? - 4 posts
Golf around La Cala de Mijas - 2 posts
Villas Toboso Alcaucin - 3 posts
First time on EOS - 10 posts
Long Term Rental Property Required - Costa Calida/Blanca/Mar Menor area - 5 posts
Question for Maria - 10 posts
Looking for advice/recommendations - 9 posts
Reasons to move to Spain - 55 posts
Completing on Polaris Property @ Condado de Alhama next Week - 13 posts
Mexican Restaurant in Benimar - 5 posts
Experienced Chef Required - 0 posts
Spanish TDT tv. - 5 posts
Looking for Sales Agents for Canvas Printing Company - 0 posts
car wanted - 2 posts
Rental management software - 0 posts
FIVE on FREESAT - 0 posts
HONDA GENERATOR GX270, petrol, 5KVA - 0 posts
Opel Vivaro 2.0 cdti - only a few months old still with warranty - Gandia, Valencia, Spain - 0 posts
Legal TV in Spain - 0 posts
Citroen Xsara Picasso 1.6 Sx Top 2007 Spanish Registered LHD Gandia, Valencia, Spain - 2 posts
CHRISTMAS dinner for COST BLANCA ????? - 7 posts
STATIC HOMES,URGENT HELP REQUIRED PLEASE - 0 posts
Gas bottle wanted... - 10 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 11

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x