Favourite Spanish songs

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
28 Oct 2008 12:00 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
Whilst I'm working I often put some music on in the background.  There are many Spanish songs which I really like.  I thought we could start a thread where we post Spanish music that we like here.  If you can find the video for them even better.  Here's is one I never tire of.  It's called "Vivir sin air" by Maná.  The title literally means "live without air".

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
28 Oct 2008 12:17 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
This is a more recent one from Maná.  Really nice song.  It's called "No hay nada mas dificil que vivir sin ti" which means "There's nothing more difficult that living without you".  I really like this one.

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
28 Oct 2008 3:35 PM by lifeline Star rating in Murcia. 365 posts Send private message

lifeline´s avatar
Thanks Justin for starting such an interesting thread. Great songs! 

This site has so much variety of info etc. it can become quite addictive!

We are getting ready to move to Murcia next Summer and have learned such a lot  from  EOS.

Daveil

Like 0      
28 Oct 2008 3:47 PM by Nati Star rating in Manilva (Costa del .... 237 posts Send private message

Hi Justin,
I have so many favourite songs that I can add! The one I am thinking about now is Mediterraneo by Joan Manuel Serrat. You may know it, if not, listen to it. You may find it in youtube, it belongs to the 70s.
I will keep adding more songs as they come to my mind!

Ana Sánchez. PGCE, MA & BA(Hons)

Teaching and Translation Services

Like 0      
28 Oct 2008 3:50 PM by Nati Star rating in Manilva (Costa del .... 237 posts Send private message

I also like Tengo la camisa negra (I have a black shirt) by Juanes. This is a more recent one

Like 0      
28 Oct 2008 4:17 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
Yeah Nati.  I like those too. 

Here's another I really like at the moment.  The video even has Leonardo DiCaprio in it so I'm sure the ladies here will watch it!   The "western" bit at the end of the song isn't really part of it by the way.

This one is called "No voy a despertarme porque salga el sol" by Fit & Fitipaldis.  The title means "I'm not going to wake up because the sun has come up".  Great song!!

Like 0      
28 Oct 2008 5:07 PM by Sanchez1 Star rating. 853 posts Send private message

I have to say, I'm less than convinced by Spanish music.  It all sounds so cheesy to me.  I don't mind Paco de Lucia, the flamenco guitarist.  I guess flamenco is not bad, but as long as it's not the over the top, whiney stuff. 

There's actually a Spanish girl on the X Factor in the UK at the moment.  I quite like her, but not for musical reasons ;-)

David

Read my blog: Spain Money Saving Tips and Offers 

Use TransferWise to send money abroad. A lot cheaper than the bank and other online currency exchanges!.

Like 0      
28 Oct 2008 5:23 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
I know what you mean about the cheesy and whiney stuff!  This one is good.  "Son mis amigos" by Amaral (I really like Amaral, they always do some good stuff)

(This isn't the actual video but it's the one with the best sound!)

Like 0      
28 Oct 2008 5:51 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar
Not a big fan of Spanish music. In particular, I absolutely detest this band! Danza Invisible, who are world famous (well, only in Torremolinos actually, where they even have a street named after them) frequently practice in an old locale opposite our home, especially on Sundays when the traffic noise doesn't drown them out. This song they must have practiced a million times, but it never gets any better - especially when you can only hear the bass and drums, and then the awful vocalist screaming the dreadful chorus. 
Enjoy!

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
28 Oct 2008 6:00 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar
I know it's not Spanish but when I get the Spanish withdrawel symptons, driving around in the rain then I always listen to this to cheer me up. Does it every time

Like 0      
28 Oct 2008 6:45 PM by Nati Star rating in Manilva (Costa del .... 237 posts Send private message

David(Sanchez 1) also likes Andy y Lucas and Ecos del Rocio. He listens to this music when he drives. I know this because I am with him in the car!
DAvid, you also like cheesy stuff even though you don't want to admit it!
Ana

Like 0      
28 Oct 2008 7:32 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar
Does this one count? It's sort of Spanish!

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
28 Oct 2008 9:08 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
Rob, you're trashing my thread man!  What WAS that you posted??  Let's get it back on track again...

This on is excellent.  It's a group called Taxi.  They are actually from Gibraltar (the lead singer is actually the brother of a friend of mine!  That's my claim to fame").  The song is called "Quiero un camino" which means "I want a route"...ish!  This one aint cheesy David.

Like 0      
28 Oct 2008 10:57 PM by AJB1 Star rating in Benahavis, Costa del.... 63 posts Send private message

Before I even opened the thread, I'd already decided my favourite was Mana - 'no hay nada mas dificil..' - one I always sing along to in the car and now know all the words, but Justin had already chosen that one.

The oldies are the best though. I spent my uni year abroad in Valencia 1989-1990 and favourite bands at that time were La Union, Presuntos Implicados, Complices, Luz Casal etc all great to sing along to.

And who remembers Duncan Dhu and Hombres G?

And what about Sergio Dalma's eurovision entry 'bailar pegados' - very cheesy but still great!

Like 0      
28 Oct 2008 11:10 PM by Nati Star rating in Manilva (Costa del .... 237 posts Send private message

AJB1,
I have gone back in time and I have really good memories of those artists and bands you have mentioned! I was a teenager then. Great stuff!
Ana

Like 0      
28 Oct 2008 11:22 PM by Nati Star rating in Manilva (Costa del .... 237 posts Send private message

What about Mecano and El ultimo de la Fila!!! I am getting excited
Ana

Like 0      
29 Oct 2008 7:15 AM by AJB1 Star rating in Benahavis, Costa del.... 63 posts Send private message

How could I forget Mecano? I still hear them playing on the radio now most days.

I can't think of any El Ultimo de la Fila songs but I remember the name of the band.

I'm trying to think of some more but La Union were my favourites - I saw them in concert in Barcelona.

Like 0      
29 Oct 2008 8:00 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
OMG, I'm  starting to feel old with all this reminiscing.  Great to hear some of those old group names again.  I loved Mecano.

How about this one from Julieta Venegas.  It's called "Me voy"...."I'm off" in English.

Like 0      
29 Oct 2008 8:33 AM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar
Don't Groan, you knew it was coming  But Johnny Depp makes it worth while

Like 0      
29 Oct 2008 8:42 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
Candyfloss...how could you!  I said "favourite" songs not "most annoying".  I suppose you're right, it had to be included.

Here's one that takes me back 4 years when we first moved to Spain.  We had no money and had an awful time.  Melendi kept me going!

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Exchange rate €1-15/£ - 1 posts
Help! reposesion threat - 1 posts
Reposesion in Spain - 2 posts
B&Q / BRICO DEPOT in Crevillente soon - 10 posts
Flatmate wanted - Costa del Sol - 0 posts
Key Lounges - 24 posts
Leaking pitched roofs - 3 posts
Costaconsoles. Mazarron - 2 posts
Santander Bank - 1 posts
Swap 2 bedroom townhouse Murcia - 0 posts
Monday morning giggle - 3 posts
Esoteric healing - 0 posts
Living in Real Spain - 9 posts
Painting Holidays - 6 posts
Driving a Scooter in Spain - 7 posts
No Water - 4 posts
im in hospital - 6 posts
impoting terrace furniture - 0 posts
deeds - 3 posts
deeds - 0 posts
Huma: Interest and Compensation or just your money back! - 1 posts
Costa Blanca North - 0 posts
Free guides to buying a property, healthcare/pensions and taxation issues in Spain - 0 posts
swap 2bed penthouse in costa del sol for uk property - 1 posts
Power of Thought - 38 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 62

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x