B&Q / BRICO DEPOT in Crevillente soon

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
27 Oct 2008 12:00 AM by mr.kevin Star rating in Costa Blanca. 189 posts Send private message

mr.kevin´s avatar

A new DIY warehouse owned by Kingfisher is near to completion on the N340 between Crevillente and Elche.

Brico Depot and B&Q are owned by Kingfisher group. Looks like DIY bots will be able to get everything in one place now.

Like 0      
27 Oct 2008 8:21 PM by Spiderman Star rating in Lancashire/Salado. 16 posts Send private message

Hopefully  we can use our B&Q 'Over 60' discount card on wednesdays

Like 0      
07 Nov 2008 11:16 AM by lampy Star rating. 14 posts Send private message

we went to the one that opened this year in almeria, it was nothing like B&Q other than the layout and this just looked very tatty and the shop was quite small compared to what we were used to in the UK.  Leroy Merlin much better and we found cheaper.  All the of the 'NEW OPENING' offers had been sold out.  Very disappointing.  Perhaps the Crevillente one will be better.

Like 0      
08 Mar 2009 4:40 PM by mr.kevin Star rating in Costa Blanca. 189 posts Send private message

mr.kevin´s avatar

Brico Depot part of the Kingfisher qroup which also owns B&Q is now open on the Crevillente to Elche N340 road.

At last we have a DIY store that stocks almost every thing so you don't have to go to lot of stores, and run on similar lines to B&Q. Prices are good too, much cheaper than Aki or Leroy Merlin, at the moment as it is new to the area, maybe a cheap trick to get you through the door

Like 0      
08 Mar 2009 8:36 PM by inspectahomespain Star rating in Orihuela Costa, Spai.... 2417 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

I agree with Kevin as I went this week and, unlike the one in Almeria it is as big as any B&Q depot in the UK, it stocks everything and the prices are very good, especially the specials

Yes a lot cheaper than Leroy Merlin with a bigger range of building materials and it was noticable how many Spanish traders were shopping there

At last a decent DIY place

Like 0      
09 Mar 2009 8:11 AM by alysonwenham Star rating in blackpool, england. 83 posts Send private message

Don't know if this is of interest, but a friend of mine is an auditor and is auditing B&Q at the moment, prior to the administrators going in.  She has advised us not to order anything from them, only to buy what is on the shelf.  Make of that what you will.

Alyson

Like 0      
22 Oct 2009 10:42 PM by abbbb1 Star rating in Essex and Ciudad Que.... 306 posts Send private message

abbbb1´s avatar

Is there any further news on this B&Q store - one way or the other??

I'll be after a curved shower screen (for corner bath)  the next time that I come over, and have been unable to find one at a reasonable price.  They have just what I'm after at my local B&Q's - unfortunately, it won't fit in my case!!

Home
is where the heart is!

Like 0      
23 Oct 2009 8:56 AM by alysonwenham Star rating in blackpool, england. 83 posts Send private message

Brico is great, but check for the special offers, also compare with AKI.

Alyson

Like 0      
24 Oct 2009 8:20 PM by abbbb1 Star rating in Essex and Ciudad Que.... 306 posts Send private message

abbbb1´s avatar

Hi

Thanks for that info A;lyson.

After your March post I wondered what was going on with the company.

Home
is where the heart is!

Like 0      
25 Oct 2009 11:54 AM by mr.kevin Star rating in Costa Blanca. 189 posts Send private message

mr.kevin´s avatar

Brico have a good selection of shower cubicles, screens, baths etc. Brico is not as big as B&Q but they have most things and are usually considerabley better on price that most DIY places over here.

If you can't find what you want at Brico, try Leroy Merlin either in Alicante or in the big shopping CC just of the A7 at Murcia.

By the way, Aki are only cheaper when they have made a mistake with the pricing and the staff are not very helpfull.

Like 0      
25 Oct 2009 4:16 PM by abbbb1 Star rating in Essex and Ciudad Que.... 306 posts Send private message

abbbb1´s avatar

Many thanks for that info. 

Fingers crossed I should be spoilt for choice when I come over.  The local store, just outside Quesada gates wanted an arm and a leg for the one that I wanted, hence the shopping around.

Home
is where the heart is!

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Flatmate wanted - Costa del Sol - 0 posts
Key Lounges - 24 posts
Leaking pitched roofs - 3 posts
Costaconsoles. Mazarron - 2 posts
Santander Bank - 1 posts
Swap 2 bedroom townhouse Murcia - 0 posts
Monday morning giggle - 3 posts
Esoteric healing - 0 posts
Living in Real Spain - 9 posts
Painting Holidays - 6 posts
Driving a Scooter in Spain - 7 posts
No Water - 4 posts
im in hospital - 6 posts
impoting terrace furniture - 0 posts
deeds - 3 posts
deeds - 0 posts
Huma: Interest and Compensation or just your money back! - 1 posts
Costa Blanca North - 0 posts
Free guides to buying a property, healthcare/pensions and taxation issues in Spain - 0 posts
swap 2bed penthouse in costa del sol for uk property - 1 posts
Power of Thought - 38 posts
Ghost towns in spain - 1 posts
Finally I have handed my notice in - 15 posts
Mortgages - help! - 1 posts
HealthCare Dillema - 5 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 11

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x