Digital Canal +

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
26 Sep 2008 12:00 AM by jj325 Star rating in San Pedro del Pinata.... 24 posts Send private message

Hi, I wonder if anyone can confirm for me:

As I have been quoted upwards of 1200€ for a big dish on my roof, I am looking at the possibility of having Canal + installed, but I am trying to find these answers first!

a) If I get Canal + installed, what channels can the dubbing be turned off of?  I don't want to pay for the subscription and only be able to turn 1 channel over, as I can do this on the tdt.

b) We have a communal Spanish digital ariel, is this all we need or will we need our own?

I have tried to find answers elsewhere, but don't seem to be able to.  Can anyone PLEASE help?

Many thanks. 

Like 0      
26 Sep 2008 7:07 PM by satandpcguy Star rating in Gandia, Valencia. 399 posts Send private message

satandpcguy´s avatar
a) If I get Canal + installed, what channels can the dubbing be turned off of? 
have a look at
http://www.lyngsat.com/packages/dpastra.html
and
http://www.lyngsat.com/packages/dphispa.html
whoich gives all the channels on the D+ packages. look in the column APID, which lists the languages the channels broadcast in....SPA for SPANISH and ORIG for ORIGINAL VERSION.
These listings are not complete or accurate - for example they show TVE1 as SPA only, but on TVE1 on TDT they do have films in the original language...

b) We have a communal Spanish digital ariel, is this all we need or will we need our own?
if your community aerial has been configured to be able to receive the digital signals, then you need to make sure that the cables are intact and connected to the TV points in the house (TM and other installers may have disconnected the aerial cables and plugged their system ionto it instead - TUT TUT) - you can test by doing  channels search on your TV - you may still be able to get one or two analogue signals to confirm if your conenctions are OK. then all you need to do is buy a TDT receiver, plug in and scan.
having your own aerial may help improve recepttion, by not using the community cabling and system.

Hope this helps....

www.satandpcguy.com Satellite TV & Sky TV in Spain installers. Costa Blanca, Azahar and Valencia areas.

"Like" us on Facebook

Like 0      
26 Sep 2008 7:33 PM by Kev K Star rating in Cork, Ireland, Olivi.... 141 posts Send private message

Kev K´s avatar

satandpcguy... 
Been reading all the posts regarding tv, and your input is fantastic thank you and keep it up,
As we only have a holiday home tdt will do us for now and if we get some english tv on it all the better, but as there are so many makes and models could you recommend one or even the make.

Cheers

Like 0      
26 Sep 2008 10:49 PM by satandpcguy Star rating in Gandia, Valencia. 399 posts Send private message

satandpcguy´s avatar
cheers kev,

at the end of the day they all do basically the same thing. its liek when people ask me to recommend a new flat tv - i say basically they all do the same and there are only two decisions to make - "do you want it in black or white", and "do you want the speakers on the side or at the bottom of the tv." (my prefs are black, and bottom and if i had the money a 50inch pioneers plasma - saw this beuty in the uk last wekend and it blows everythings away - but it was expensive!! so if anyone on here wins the lotto tonight you can repay my help on here with this tv!!)

and the phrase is "you pay for what you get" so you may find some of the cheaper models may not work after a few months (seen a few silverdales (i think) from aldi or lidl that have failed after a few weeks)

i have also had issues with seimens receivers and them having a very poor tuners and so not being able to get all channels

i use boshmanns or illusions....at around 70euros ish a bit more expensive than others available, but i have had no problems with them so far....

www.satandpcguy.com Satellite TV & Sky TV in Spain installers. Costa Blanca, Azahar and Valencia areas.

"Like" us on Facebook

Like 0      
27 Sep 2008 3:56 AM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

These are two messages from another forum, I've since been told that you need to apply on-line and someone will phone you back.

we had canal + installed two weeks age, its ok lots of english programs that you can watch in english you just have to cange the language, it was free installation 20.95 a month + series package which is another 7.00 euro but free till 31 dec we even managed to put golf+ on for the weekend,

series is fox, calle 13, AXN,paramot comedy, si fi, mtv, people and art
the basic pagage is canal+ plus 33 others to many to right down if you go to the web site www.plus.es and select all text you can translate it english good luck

I did look at links quoted on here, Sci Fi shows as spanish only but I'm sure that is english as well but perhaps not all the time, same as Calle13

Like 0      
28 Sep 2008 9:24 AM by jj325 Star rating in San Pedro del Pinata.... 24 posts Send private message

Many thanks for all the information, as always. Great to be part of this friendly forum. 

Will look at all the sites suggested.

I know the connections for our Spanish TDT are intact, because my husband re-installed out Telmicro here when we moved and he took the time and effort to pull the cables down the separate conduit not just tacked it to the side of the house, like I have seen many do!!!

Think I am definitely going for canal +, can't really justify over 1000€ for a huge dish at the moment, kids seem to soak up any spare cash we have!! 

Once again MANY THANKS TO, satandpcguy, semi and Kev  

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Gestor near Moraira? - 0 posts
car hire at Alicante airport FULL /FULL - 18 posts
Car depreciation costs / Easiest make to repair. - 3 posts
Vauxhall Corsa Automatic for sale - 0 posts
help? - 1 posts
Costa Almeria- worth a look if you are thinking of buying - 3 posts
Telefonica - 29 posts
Hairpoint, Dutch hairdresser in Guardamar del Segura - 0 posts
Missing Garage Roof - 0 posts
palmera properties/mirador group - 16 posts
Doors/Gates - 1 posts
DIESEL - drop in price - 26 posts
Instant Access Properties Limited - In Administration - 0 posts
I'm totally confused. - 11 posts
When do I have to pay property taxes - 2 posts
Looking for an apartment near Torrevieja - 5 posts
Anyone know about property prices in El Galan, Villamartin? - 6 posts
How do I get on tne Hacienda forum ? - 6 posts
Medical emergency telephone number - 5 posts
TM Update - From the Guardia Website and other webpages... - 2 posts
moving FROM Madrid to East Anglia - 0 posts
equivalent to bupa ? - 2 posts
does anyone know of any papers offered in braille - 1 posts
ferry to spain - only option ? - 14 posts
flying with pets - 9 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x