flying with pets

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
24 Sep 2008 12:00 AM by oh4hindsight Star rating in worcs. 14 posts Send private message

can anyone tell me if there is any airline that allows pets to travel in the plane rather than cargo/hold

Like 0      
07 Jun 2011 10:19 PM by spanishj Star rating. 7 posts Send private message

It depends where you fly from. I don't think there are any flights from the UK but if you're travelling from America, Air France allow you take a dog on the cabin with you (has to be under 13lbs).

Like 0      
07 Jun 2011 11:04 PM by haydngj Star rating in ALGORFA. 403 posts Send private message

haydngj´s avatar

When I saw the thread I thought, not another budget airline.

Like 0      
08 Jun 2011 12:30 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

I'm wondering WHY spanishj is answering a post from September 24, 2008, getting on THREE YEARS AGO!

Like 0      
08 Jun 2011 6:32 AM by spanishj Star rating. 7 posts Send private message

Because it was unanswered, and I imagine that oh4hindsight will sleep well tonight.

Like 0      
18 Jul 2014 5:51 PM by Susanspain Star rating in Mijas, Malaga. 145 posts Send private message

Susanspain´s avatar

Lol! I have just asked this same Q in general chat room.

Not getting very far. 

Basically I don´t think any airline will take me into UK with my cat in the cabin.

Only in animal cabin on underside of plane...

If however, I were travelling to any other EU country not the UK, it is totally possible!

Like 0      
23 Apr 2018 9:12 PM by jonnysnow Star rating in Now I moved to USA.. 6 posts Send private message

Yes, most of the airlines allow that. Animal less then 8 kilo in a bag is calculated as a handbag.

Like 0      
27 Mar 2019 11:37 AM by Goips Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

Yes, with animals of small weight you can fly, but they should always be left in a special place for animals. I have not yet met the company in which it was possible to fly next to the animal.

Like 0      
27 Mar 2019 11:55 AM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

I have a very small dog and I have made several attempts to get her on a plane either in the cargo hold or pay for a seat ...I would like to fly into and out of Corvera or Alicante ...my understanding is you can fly into Spain with a pet but you are not permitted to fly back into the UK.

Like 0      
27 Mar 2019 2:04 PM by Kavanagh Star rating in Oil Drum Lane Newcas.... 1315 posts Send private message

Kavanagh´s avatar

I do understand the inconvenience for pet lovers that most airlines don’t allow pets within the passenger seating areas. But the airlines maybe acting on the wishes of the majority of their passengers. Not every passenger is comfortable having a rat on the next seat even if it is in a cage.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Deeds of sale signed in the presence of a non Spanish Notary - 0 posts
Anyone know anything about apart-sol estate agent - 0 posts
SUMAS - 15 posts
recomendations of a good estate agent in riviera del sol - 0 posts
Financial crisis in personal terms - 1 posts
BEWARE.......another con.............. - 19 posts
Aifos Torreblanca - 0 posts
Success! - 9 posts
Should you complete without a habitation certificate? - 77 posts
Good morning every one! - 9 posts
bank guaruntee - 66 posts
LHD car wanted. RHD to sell. - 0 posts
How Much Tax Do I Pay ?? - 9 posts
Hallo - 1 posts
5% Retention - 2 posts
Pool Table - 5 posts
Aifos Mail on Sunday Article - 10 posts
BUSINESS PARTNER - 0 posts
Newbie from Guardamar - Sky TV - 1 posts
We've moved in .... - 20 posts
Purchase of spanish apartment - 1 posts
Hi everybody - 5 posts
Television Licence - 5 posts
Newe member - 3 posts
EASYJET HAVE CANCELLED A FLIGHT! - 33 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 10

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x