Telefonica

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
26 Sep 2008 4:15 PM by conrad Star rating in Milton Keynes and Dr.... 298 posts Send private message

conrad´s avatar
Laury netgear should still be okay whats the model number

Like 0      
26 Sep 2008 4:30 PM by Lauryc Star rating in Was South Devon .. n.... 520 posts Send private message

Lauryc´s avatar
Thanks Conrad.

It's a DG834GT according to the label on the bottom. 

Laury

Laury

Like 0      
26 Sep 2008 4:53 PM by conrad Star rating in Milton Keynes and Dr.... 298 posts Send private message

conrad´s avatar

Laury that one is fine the socket for spainis what they call an rj11 socket as your filter has a bt style socket you will need to get a converter to change it to an rj11 plug you should be able to get one from Maplins don't go to pc world they will charge you stupid prices for one

Once you connect it to your computer and access the setup page for it just select the country and get it to auto detect the settings

Like 0      
26 Sep 2008 4:57 PM by Lauryc Star rating in Was South Devon .. n.... 520 posts Send private message

Lauryc´s avatar
No problem thanks Conrad. 
We probably have an RJ11 adapter kicking around somewhere. trouble is, it's probably been packed away, never to be seen again.
We can pick one up anyway, they don't cost much if you go to the right places.

I think we have an Amateur Radio rally coming up. They have allsorts at those. 
Thanks again.

Laury

Laury

Like 0      
26 Sep 2008 7:01 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar
Laury, yes, if you call 1004 and ask for an English speaking operator, you will get one - but you may have to hold for a while.

Techno - I'll be very interested to know when you get your first bill, if the line rental really is included in the package, because that's not how I read it on the website. Have a look at this page which I posted a link to before and scroll down a bit. You will find this under Línea individual:

Alta Cuota mensual
Línea Individual sin teléfono 83,53 €
¡SÓLO ONLINE! Ahora GRATIS (1)
13,97 €
Línea Individual con teléfono Domo sobremesa blanco 119,53 €
¡SÓLO ONLINE! Ahora 36 (1)(2)
16,39 €
Línea Básica (incluye teléfono, mantenimiento y servicios suplementarios) 119,53 €
¡SÓLO ONLINE! Ahora 36 (1)(2)
18,75 €

So, for €14 (13,97 actually), you get the line without telephone, and for €18,75 you get the phone, maintenance and extras - whatever they may be. 
Please do let me know if you don't pay for your line, because I'll be straight on to Telefónica myself!
By the way, you can opt to pay your bill in cash if you prefer - just don't give them a bank account number. You can pay the bill at any main Post Office. But do NOT rely on the Post Office delivering it n time. Opt to receive an online bill instead, and help save the planet at the same time!

This message was last edited by Roberto on 9/26/2008.

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
27 Sep 2008 3:16 AM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

When I moved into my resale I had the phone re connected as it was dis-connected when the previous owner emigrated to Australia.

I had to pay 150e approx (spread over two bills) connection fee, I also bought my own phone but as with BT when you report a fault if it is your phone and not their line you will be charged a call out fee (50e?)  I arrived in Spain and found the line dead and rang to report the fault to the English operator, the engineer rang and wouldn't come round until I agreed to pay the charge.  We had trouble communicating with each other, cant understand why the English operator can't do the follow up call.

Had to wait 5 days before the engineer arrived and fault was with the Madrid exchange   Not exactly next door to me. 

English phones will work in Spain, the connection into the phone is the same as a UK socket, the connection into the Spanish socket is smaller so that will either need a new fitting or an adaptor.  

I also bought the Binatone trio but when I had the problem with my line the base station got frazzled.  I bought a new duo system over from UK  and was able to utilize the Binatone cable connection.   Now when I leave Spain I unplug the base station from the socket.

Like 0      
27 Sep 2008 4:10 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar
Sounds about right. That's why, personally, I prefer to just pay the extra €5 a month to know that when (rather than if) I have a problem, they will come out, no questions asked.
Having said that, Telefónica's service is notoriously crap at best, so you really have to make your own mind up whether you think it's worth paying for backup.

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
28 Sep 2008 1:53 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar
Hmm! I plugged a UK telephone into the socket, using the cable from the Binatone set, and it doesn't work!?! I know the phone works, because I tested it before we left the UK.

And loads of people in and around this area all tell me that UK phones don't work out here!?!

Ok! Will have to do a bit more testing and see what gives, but having looked at the pairing it suggets it still won't work, but will try again.

And yes! When I get my 1st bill I will let you all know what's what.

www.andalucianstyle.com

Me, the Mrs and Rosie too! But we'll never, ever forget our Tyler!

We support AAA Abandoned Animals Marbella - Do you?

Like 0      
29 Sep 2008 8:09 AM by Max Kite Star rating in Castilléjar, Granada. 308 posts Send private message

Max Kite´s avatar
Hi

UK phones have a different connector to the Spanish ones, but otherwise work in the same way.  There are two cables that connect to the two middle pins of the socket. 

You can buy a RJ12 connector from ferrreterias etc but need the stripping and clipping tool to connect it.  Buy a few as if it is your first time, it doesn't always work as it is a bit fiddly (not as bad as RJ45 8 pin connectors for intranet though!)

Alternatively, you can hard wire the phone directly into the Telefónica box.

NOTE: when the slide door is up, the junction box is in "TEST" mode, and the rest of the circuit is disconnected.

Isn't it easier to buy a cheapo phone from Mediamarkt???

Like 0      
01 Oct 2008 2:05 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar
Nope!

Still didn't work.

Maybe the phone was somehow damaged during delivery with everything else. Not that it's the fault of our removal company, as they didn't pack it, I did!

And as I put it in a box with a few other bits 'n pieces very, very last minute, I can only blame myself.

Strange thought, everyone else I've spoken to in this area tell me that UK phones don't work, and it was an old 'corded' phone. Ah well,another mystery to solve for another time!

www.andalucianstyle.com

Me, the Mrs and Rosie too! But we'll never, ever forget our Tyler!

We support AAA Abandoned Animals Marbella - Do you?

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Hairpoint, Dutch hairdresser in Guardamar del Segura - 0 posts
Missing Garage Roof - 0 posts
palmera properties/mirador group - 16 posts
Doors/Gates - 1 posts
DIESEL - drop in price - 26 posts
Instant Access Properties Limited - In Administration - 0 posts
I'm totally confused. - 11 posts
When do I have to pay property taxes - 2 posts
Looking for an apartment near Torrevieja - 5 posts
Anyone know about property prices in El Galan, Villamartin? - 6 posts
How do I get on tne Hacienda forum ? - 6 posts
Medical emergency telephone number - 5 posts
TM Update - From the Guardia Website and other webpages... - 2 posts
moving FROM Madrid to East Anglia - 0 posts
equivalent to bupa ? - 2 posts
does anyone know of any papers offered in braille - 1 posts
ferry to spain - only option ? - 14 posts
flying with pets - 9 posts
Deeds of sale signed in the presence of a non Spanish Notary - 0 posts
Anyone know anything about apart-sol estate agent - 0 posts
SUMAS - 15 posts
recomendations of a good estate agent in riviera del sol - 0 posts
Financial crisis in personal terms - 1 posts
BEWARE.......another con.............. - 19 posts
Aifos Torreblanca - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 30

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x