NossieHi

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
15 Sep 2008 12:00 AM by nossie Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Hi  
Can anyone give me an insight as to living on one of the mobile home parks near Antequera?  We are hoping to buy a home and move to there when we retire in a couple of years time . We are actually going to an event at Blackpool this coming weekend just to get an insight as to what the modern mobile homes are like.  We did own a static van a few years ago and so know that we would be happy living in one.  It would be lovely to actually hear from someone who is actually living our dream though . We don't want the hassle of buying bricks and mortar and to be honest we would like to have some money left over from the sale of our house as a cushion to fall back on. All we want is to have some sun on our faces (according to my husband even the pit ponies were allowed that when they retired!)  He is still mining coal at the grand old age of 63 - bless him.  As for me - I just want to cast the chains off that I have keeping me to the same desk for the last 15 years.  I'm also trying really hard with my Spanish - on ready to move on from begginners set A.!    Not bad for an old lass eh!
Would somebody out there give us a lttle encouragement please?

Like 0      
17 Sep 2008 11:39 AM by joechristie Star rating in Bacup, Lancashire & .... 64 posts Send private message

joechristie´s avatar
Hello Nossie

Welcome to the forum.  We are both looking forward to our retirement in Feb 2010 & like you want some sun on our old bones.

I wish we had though of a static caravan before we went through the trauma of buying our apartment, We have a static in the Ribble Valley so we know how pleasant they are and the new ones now are really something special.

Have you thought of trying to book a holiday on the site you are interested in?  You could then get to talk face to face with the residents before you commit your hard earned money.

Whatever you decide we wish you the best of everything.

Like 0      
17 Sep 2008 3:00 PM by jj1111 Star rating in Casares del Sol. 21 posts Send private message

jj1111´s avatar
I was over in Antequera in April preparing for my move in August. At the bar one night I met a couple who had just bought one of the static homes. They loved it and thought it great value. Safe and with a communal pool. So if their information is correct I hope that gives you some confidence. Best of luck.

This message was last edited by jj1111 on 9/17/2008.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Small claims Procedure (SCP) in Spain. " Monitorios" - 7 posts
4 new dining chairs for sale - 0 posts
Property management company in Rojales area - 3 posts
Alicante airport - getting petrol - 20 posts
looking for an old friend - 0 posts
Long Term Rental Wanted - 5 posts
Property wealth tax and unleased urban property tax for non fiscal residents - 4 posts
How to close our SxlBank account? - 1 posts
Wish me luck! - 5 posts
EASYJET HAVE ADDED EXTRA ITEMS TO COMPLETE FOR API - 4 posts
Registering UK Vehicle in Spain - 6 posts
Ready Made Curtains & Bed covers - 7 posts
When you've done the work and they just won't pay!! - 5 posts
Web Cam - 0 posts
Why are banks not paying out ? - 7 posts
Calpe apartments - 0 posts
wanted URGENT! Man with big van for local removal, torrevieja area - 0 posts
Hotels in Denia? - 0 posts
Spanish Alphabet? - 2 posts
Great Way to Learn Spanish-FREE! - 6 posts
ANYTHING U MISS FROM UK? - 97 posts
WHERE U FROM & HOW LONG U BEEN IN SPAIN? - 8 posts
COMPUTER ENGINEER WANTING TO MOVE TO SPAIN - 12 posts
ANY REGRETS?? - 6 posts
Off to Duquesa tonight! - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x