Hayley

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
24 Jul 2008 12:00 AM by neilnhayley Star rating in Polop, CB. 3 posts Send private message

We are due to sign up for a new property and have had the solicitors fees, which we thought were a bit OTT. Can anyone advice us on approx how much we should be paying. Weve been quoted 1,600 euros. We already have our NIE numbers and a friend who translates.

Like 0      
24 Jul 2008 7:07 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

We paid 1200€ way back in April 2005. (We started buying Sept 2003)

This message was last edited by morerosado on 7/24/2008.

Like 0      
24 Jul 2008 8:21 PM by neilnhayley Star rating in Polop, CB. 3 posts Send private message

Thanks for getting back to me. We were only getting a little worried because our spanish bank manager said we could get the same service much cheaper. However when we first enquired in Oct 07 we were informed by most people that it would be approx 1% of the price of the property. Your reply has put our minds at rest. Thanks

Like 0      
24 Jul 2008 10:33 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
I sincerely trust your lawyer has nothing to do with your builder or your agent, so 100% independant.

Like 0      
27 Jul 2008 10:16 AM by neilnhayley Star rating in Polop, CB. 3 posts Send private message

Sorry its taken so long to get back to you & thanks for taking time out to reply...I know the solicitor has nothing to do with the builders but he was recommended by our agent. Do you think this is going to be a problem. Our solicitor is also asking for 25% of the bill before he does anything. Is this standard practice? Our agent has informed us that it is!

Like 0      
27 Jul 2008 10:38 AM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar
Hi Hayley,
Tricky. There will be conflicting answers to your questions. But this was our experience.
We used an independant agent who recommended a solictor and after meeting him we felt comfortable with him so instructed him to deal with the transaction for us. (That was before I joined EOS and so didn't know that there were people that had experienced problems).
Anyway, I have to say he was absolutely marvellous and nothing was too much trouble, he acted for US and was very professional at all times. 
The answer to your other question, we paid nothing for his services until we completed.
As I say, that was our own personal experience but there will be other advice for you I'm sure.

Like 0      
27 Jul 2008 11:01 AM by scampi Star rating in London & Alfaix nr. .... 91 posts Send private message

scampi´s avatar
As always you get what you pay for. My solicitor was 2% but it included all he notary stuff and some other things besides. We paid nothing b4 completion

Like 0      
27 Jul 2008 12:19 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Neil & Hayley said "but he was recommended by our agent"

Ooooh  I certainly wouldn't use a lawyer recommended by my agent (unless Georgia on EOS is your agent as I trust Georgia ). I'm not saying your lawyer is not going to work best in your interests just that he/she will likely be in agent's pocket too so no, sorry, I would change before it gets too far down the purchasing line. 

Would you put Polop, CB on your forum profile so it shows each time you make a post without us asking or searching your previous posts to see IF you mentioned it in one, please. Hover above on "forums" click on "forum profile" type "Polop, CB" where it asks for "location" & click "save changes" right at the bottom.

This message was last edited by morerosado on 7/27/2008.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Clubs with pool in Barcelona? - 2 posts
Bank reposessions - 2 posts
Email and letters - 4 posts
Short Terms Rentals in Costa Del Sol - 15 posts
how do you chat or reply to messages you read - 1 posts
http://www.costa-action.co.uk/ - 1 posts
Conflict in the Community - 46 posts
Change your UK bank to Alliance & Leicester Premier current a/c, get £100 & free annual European travel insurance. - 0 posts
£19 Travelodge rooms in the UK ALSO 10€ Travelodge rooms IN SPAIN, check it out ! - 0 posts
Buying a spanish car - 5 posts
Jack Russell breeders in Spain - 2 posts
Hello new on here - 3 posts
Castilla la Mancha - 37 posts
Lawyer sought for Aguilas area - 2 posts
am i Nuts (want to buy) in Spain ? - 20 posts
Spanish post office any good? - 0 posts
Property Sharing - 0 posts
Anyone there from Ciudad Quesada?? - 4 posts
Do you live near Murcia / Alicante? Have a Spanish student stay & see the benefits, read thread - 3 posts
Hi, from Andy and Donna... - 6 posts
Left hand Drive Car Wanted... - 2 posts
EOS Property Selling Page - 3 posts
Petrol station near Alicante airport - 4 posts
AVG E-mail Scanner program - 5 posts
Anyone use Digg or Stumbleupon? - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 8

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x