Anyone there from Ciudad Quesada??

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
22 Jul 2008 12:00 AM by abbbb1 Star rating in Essex and Ciudad Que.... 306 posts Send private message

abbbb1´s avatar
Hi, my name is Gail, and I'm still living in England - today it's actually sunny!  Our plans to spend a lot of time in Quesada, in our retirement, have gone slightly wrong - sounds familiar!  Bought a house in Dona Pepa, nearly four years ago but father has ended up with dementia, so only able to pop there now and then on my own.  

Always felt safe there, but confidence shattered when house tenants went into house in April and within two weeks they were burgled!

Have been in other forum, but this one seems so much better, and really interesting.  Looking forward to being a member

It would be nice to hear some views about Quesada - haven't had a chance to get to know all the places to go etc yet

Home
is where the heart is!

Like 0      
22 Jul 2008 9:21 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
 Gail

I'm just down the road nearer Guardamar from you. Bobaol on here has bought in that area, I understand & there's others I'm sure, though I don't believe anyone has posted in a while.

When you say you've been in other forum (you aren't allowed to say which one ) are you talking about the one starting with Q or a T ? 

Hope you like being here with us.

Like 0      
23 Jul 2008 11:08 AM by SophieRF Star rating in Quesada. 62 posts Send private message

Hiya,

I live in Dona Pepa, haven’t heard of any houses being broken into lately, but i guess it happens everywhere, must say I feel safe here, but I always make sure security gates on the doors are locked when I’m in so no one could get in if they tried. Some ppl are opportunists and will watch houses to look out for ppl who are not so security conscious and try their luck on them. Have heard of things going on on our urbanisations, but dona pepa hasn’t been one of them.

Regards

Sophie

Like 0      
23 Jul 2008 12:00 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Hi Sophie

Just type "Dona Pepa forum" into Google, it's at the top !

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted 5 May 2008 21:36

This should not come as a surprise to residents as we approach the summer season.

Approximately 3 weeks ago, we had a "H" and "?" sprayed on our community wall in blue paint, we checked with Euro Marina and Rojales Council and they could not offer advise, in the last 2 weeks there have been 4 break-ins around our community in Dona Pepa I and strange people walking outside of community at 4.00am in the morning.

It is doubtful that these people are throw-outs from Lo Maribu during the early hours of the morning

It is to the benefit of all to be watchful for these type of markings on walls and where sited remove them from your walls

This message was last edited by morerosado on 7/23/2008.

Like 0      
23 Jul 2008 9:28 PM by abbbb1 Star rating in Essex and Ciudad Que.... 306 posts Send private message

abbbb1´s avatar

To Morerosado - Well, one of those forums could start with a Q!!!

Great to receive some replies though.

When we bought the house in Quesada we did it as a "toe in water" job to see if we would like to live there.  Love the house, and the swimming pool is great for my disabled husband - communal but gradual walk in one.  Unfortunately, not there for long enough periods to really get into community life, but plenty of chance to practice languages as I think that there were about 8 different nationalities on the community!  Unfortunately, Spanish isn't one of those languages!  

To Sophie:  Do you enjoy living in Dona Pepa? 

I'm too nervous to drive in Spain - although I don't think twice about doing so in England.  When I came out last September I relied on public transport.  However, when I went out in April I was waiting by a bus stop for a very long time before someone whispered in my ear!  Are the buses going again yet?  The situation did wonders for my waist line since I walked everywhere - and when I got back home I was too tied to eat!  Is the bus service up and running again?

It's a shame about all the precautions to "burglar proof" homes.  A few of my neighbours, on the community, have bought guard dogs, as well as having safes; grilles and burglar alarms! 

Home
is where the heart is!

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Do you live near Murcia / Alicante? Have a Spanish student stay & see the benefits, read thread - 3 posts
Hi, from Andy and Donna... - 6 posts
Left hand Drive Car Wanted... - 2 posts
EOS Property Selling Page - 3 posts
Petrol station near Alicante airport - 4 posts
AVG E-mail Scanner program - 5 posts
Anyone use Digg or Stumbleupon? - 2 posts
A HAPPY THREAD - NO DOOM, GLOOM OR CREDIT CRUNCH MENTIONED! - 172 posts
Paying a Spanish Fine in England - 2 posts
retiring to jar de cope - 4 posts
Acquiring a mortgage. - 1 posts
Garrucha fun fair - 9 posts
Can I afford to live in Spain - Serious question - 76 posts
EXTREMELY URGENT One month Torrevieja or surrounding €100 a week - 0 posts
EXTREMELY URGENT One month rental required Torrevieja area - €100 per week - 0 posts
Savings on shopping - 14 posts
GoGo's Crazy Bones?? - 1 posts
Totally Torrevieja - 1 posts
Another building giant crisis hits Costa Blanca - 7 posts
All MAR MENOR (Costa Calida) general info. - 0 posts
Bus Service - 11 posts
Moneycorp & QuesadaLife forum, devious lot or WHAT !?! - 11 posts
Sad site in Torrevieja (Costa Blanca) today - 6 posts
Can you eat a hot curry in Spain? - 15 posts
Watch T4 pop concert LIVE in my town of Weston Super Mare right NOW on C4 - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x