electrical items

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
17 Jul 2008 1:08 PM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

Luckily they don't happen that often, after my first experience I kept a small torch in my pocket.

It must have been 4 years ago now so I soon got out of the habit.  

You can buy small torches to fit onto key rings which could prove useful as you only need enough light to help you find matches/candles etc.  Or the battery candles

Like 0      
17 Jul 2008 1:23 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Er, I have trouble finding my keyring, semi.

Like 0      
17 Jul 2008 1:30 PM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

As it's you I'll sort out a Lanyard for you to hang your keys on

I think I've also got some spare touch lights out in Spain so when we're next able to meet up I'll pass them on

Like 0      
17 Jul 2008 3:27 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar
The very first time our electricity was put on and the fridge, water heater, lights and stuff were put on, everything was fine. We then turned on the cooker and the power went off. It was pitch black and the blinds were down, so now residual lighting from the street lights. We bought a torch next day and it hangs from the towel rail in the kitchen.

Mark

Like 0      
17 Jul 2008 3:49 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Mark, you only have a 1 bed apartment though don't you ? 

We have a house so, if I'm upstairs & our electric fails (which actually has been once to be fair), it's a long way to my kitchen, isn't it, Semi, you've had the guided tour of More's casa ?

Like 0      
17 Jul 2008 4:30 PM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

Yes I have and very nice it was too.

Also enjoyed our little, where did the time go

Like 0      
17 Jul 2008 5:00 PM by Tamsin Star rating. 169 posts Send private message

We had a power cut while we were on holiday in June. My friend brought me a beautiful candle holder with all the candles so when the  power cut happened  we thought Great we are equiped .  No -one had thought to buy matches , no one smokes so when you buy the candles remember  something to light them with ???  

Like 0      
17 Jul 2008 5:07 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar
Just 'cause it's a 1 bed, doesn't stop you stubbing your toe on the furniture while trying to find the door . It didn''t help with it being the first night in there too and only having a vague idea of the layout!

Mark

Like 0      
17 Jul 2008 6:08 PM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

That reminds me be very careful if you buy Spanish matches they burn very quickly so watch out for your fingers.

Like 0      
17 Jul 2008 7:21 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
We were in the village earlier & in our £1 shop  we saw loads of candles so I thought of us all in EOS. Also Semi, there was a mini torch with a cord with a lobster style clasp on it. Came with 1 x AA battery. 

Can you remember those wind up torches that you wind up for a minute then you have light for around 30 mins ? I think I may send off for these, see WIND UP TORCHES 2 for £7 plus £4.95 P&P. Will be great not to have to worry about batteries. Whenever we need some item with a battery you just know it'll fail us.  How about a SOLAR TORCH £4.99

Do hope you're all clicking these links !!

Like 0      
17 Jul 2008 8:15 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Yes that is what I have brilliant, I just keep it on the side by the switches so if elec goes of  I just turn it on and I sort the switch in a moment  great.  My daughter bought it one Xmas after we had come back from Spain and I was sayng about power cuts so It has been used a few times.   Pat

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Danish TV in Sapin - 2 posts
Moors and Christians festival in Orihuela city, Costa Blanca. FREE TRANSPORT FROM PLAYA FLAMENCA. - 0 posts
Campomar : First of the Summer Sewage Barranco Rubio beach - 0 posts
Meeting - 2 posts
When 'Veterans' Retire - 4 posts
Problem with water anyone claimed - 0 posts
TOWN HALL TAXES - 40 posts
Key Holding - 26 posts
Alicante region power cuts - 3 posts
Deadline for San Jose/ Herrada del Tollo procedures - 14 posts
The developer misappropriation of funds in the Spanish criminal law - 5 posts
Restaurants in main square Los Alcazares - 41 posts
Help Needed - 8 posts
JUSTIN CAN YOU HELP REGARDING SETTING UP AN AVATAR - 49 posts
Internet Modem, called a dongel through the Orange Network, for just 6 euros a month + a 2 euro connection charge - 17 posts
alhruin de grande - long term let needed - 0 posts
cave house in Rojales - 1 posts
Driving Through France - 5 posts
co/co nut - 2 posts
Electric assist bicycles - 20 posts
Winter weather - 0 posts
HIGH COURT OF JUSTICE NOTICE RE: OVPI - 1 posts
Antequera Blues Festival July 08 11th to 26th (and its FREE!) - 0 posts
Guardamar/Almerimar/Villamartin/Duquesa - 0 posts
MOSQUITO BLINDS AND INSECT SCREENS - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 31

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x