mijas

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
15 Jun 2008 12:00 AM by keighty Star rating in bromsgrove but spain.... 22 posts Send private message

what is mijas like??

Like 0      
15 Jun 2008 5:55 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar
Right now, quite hot.
A more precise question may solicit more responses. What do you actually want to know about Mijas?

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
15 Jun 2008 9:52 PM by keighty Star rating in bromsgrove but spain.... 22 posts Send private message

am moving out to mijas in the next few months with my wife and are 3 young children, is it a safe place to bring kids up and what job opportunities are there?

Like 0      
16 Jun 2008 11:36 AM by Frustrated Owner Star rating in Torreblanca del Sol. 56 posts Send private message

Frustrated Owner´s avatar
Mijas Pueblo or Mijas Costa ?

Like 0      
16 Jun 2008 12:06 PM by Acapulco Star rating in Costa Blanca South.. 342 posts Send private message

Acapulco´s avatar
Hi Keighty,   your previous post suggests that you are moving to Mijas without checking schools etc and that you will need to work but do not have a job to go to. That sounds a bit risky unless of course you have loads of money.
Good luck with the move.

If you're going through hell keep on going, you might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

Like 0      
16 Jun 2008 12:50 PM by marioymonica Star rating in Estepona. 7 posts Send private message

marioymonica´s avatar

Hi
I am looking to buy an apartment or townhouse within walking distance to the beach in Marbella, Fuengirola or Benalmadena. 2 beds or more with a large terrace. 
Any agents or private sellers with property under this specifications in the area?                     
+(34)

Like 0      
16 Jun 2008 6:05 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar
Monica, this is surely a joke? There are literally hundreds, if not thousands, of people desperate to sell their properties all over the place. Take your pick. You could start by looking at the property for sale direct section (link above) on this site, or go to idealista.com or kyero.com

Keighty, "is it a safe place to bring kids up" - as safe as anywhere, and probably a lot safer than many places, "and what job opportunities are there?" - depends what you're looking for, but unless you speak fluent Spanish, or have a particular trade or skill that may be in demand, opportunities for foreigners are usually limited to bar or waiter type jobs. Forget about estate agency jobs!

Mark Twain

Like 0      
16 Jun 2008 6:51 PM by keighty Star rating in bromsgrove but spain.... 22 posts Send private message

hi roberto i've got a job working for mr sky tv installing saterlite tv, was just asking about jobs because of the wife?? she wants to open a cafe bar??? not sure tho.

Like 0      
16 Jun 2008 7:34 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar
Great news that you have work, congratulations. 

Cafe bar, eh? Long hours, hard work, lots of competition..........there's no shortage of them for sale (lease), largely because it's a difficult business to make a success of, and so many disillusioned foreigners are trying to extract themselves from a situation they wish they'd never got into. Have a look at sites like www.businessesforsale.com or daltons to get an idea of what's out there. Unfortunately, the rent on leasehold businesses for sale is rarely quoted, which is a shame, because in my opinion it's one of the most important considerations (as well as location, of course). If you can find premises with a low enough rent, you may be able to make a go of it. I know of one large cafe in a fantastic location which does good business, but the landlord wants €6000 per month rent! That's a helluva lot of coffee!

Best of luck with the move and any/all of your endeavours.

Mark Twain

Like 0      
16 Jun 2008 7:41 PM by marioymonica Star rating in Estepona. 7 posts Send private message

marioymonica´s avatar

Thanks Roberto for the tip, although i know there are millions of properties out there, i can't be held guilty for trying my luck over here where a lot of property experts as yourself share knowledge and give-aways. I nderstand this forum is well linked with loads of property investors and developers?
I will look at the webpages you have kindly provided. I already scanned through the section property for sale direct last week and my requests have been sent out.
Regards
Monica

Like 0      
01 May 2011 12:39 PM by amep75 Star rating. 79 posts Send private message

KEIGHTY DO NOT OPEN A COFFE BAR MOST ARE EMPTY ALL THE TIME

Like 0      
01 May 2011 3:50 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

I'm wondering why amep75 continues to write such odd posts around the forum, especially on a THREE YEAR OLD THREAD!

I assume the OP's wife has opened a cafe bar (or not) by now!

Like 0      
20 Jun 2011 11:36 PM by chefette22 Star rating. 32 posts Send private message

I HAVE NEVER MADE A POST ON HERE JUST TRY TO HELP BUT SO MANY IDIOTS EVEN I AS PROFESSIONAL PROBLEM SOLVER CANT COPE MAY GOD HAVE MERCY ON ALL YOUR USELESS SOULS FROM AMEP

This message was last edited by chefette22 on 20/06/2011.

This message was last edited by chefette22 on 21/06/2011.

This message was last edited by chefette22 on 21/06/2011.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

ice cream business? - 5 posts
Update Arenal Golf - 0 posts
Please can someone give me directions to Lo Crispin??? - 2 posts
Court case re Palmera Properties, Grupo Mirador and associated developers - 6 posts
I NEED A MOBILE MOPED MECHANIC! - 0 posts
Can Anyone Recommend a Good Property Management Company for the Calahonda Area. - 4 posts
living in a caravan in spain - 2 posts
Should I sell or hang on? - 35 posts
sky sports back - 0 posts
Recommendations needed for an agency for long term rental near Denia - 3 posts
Do you have a proper BG ? - 30 posts
hi all - 1 posts
hi there - 2 posts
Studio or above Costa Calida / Costa Blanca Max 100€ a week needed - 0 posts
Costa Blanca / Costa Calida Studio or above required - 2 posts
Headlight Conversion - 10 posts
FOR SALE - Satellite Internet Dish and Router - EASTERN ANDALUCIA - 0 posts
WANTED: Small Gas Fridge - Eastern Andalucia - 0 posts
TV in Fortuna - 7 posts
End of the Lisbon Treaty - 4 posts
Funiture Repair/Upholstery - 0 posts
help!! - 4 posts
Long term rental - 5 posts
Ferry booked for the 6th of July !!! - 3 posts
I´m a winner - 11 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 13

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x