help!!

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
13 Jun 2008 12:00 AM by jacquilm Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

hi there! i wrote a few weeks ago regarding moving to spain and have been doing a bit more research on the net. as i am a single parent, work is not going to be easy to find especially with the schooling hours, so i have decided to do an online learning course. Before i commit to this and spend £300-400, i was just wondering if there was a demand for either complimentary therapy(hot stone massage, reiki etc) and/or childcare in the costa Blanca area.I have been looking at algorfa and almoradi but anywhere in the costa blanca would be fine. I am aware that there may be demand for therapy in marbella and areas with alot of wealth but it costs a fortune to rent in those areas. If theres a demand for anything else in particular please let me know as i want this move to work out and if i need to do a course in exercise classes i would:)

This message was last edited by jacquilm on 6/13/2008.

Like 0      
19 Jun 2008 2:56 PM by jacquilm Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

Im a bit disappointed at the response (or lack of ) to my post!!!i only really want to know if there is a market for anything in spain so im not wasting my time studying for a course that will be useless over there. Wedding planning,fitness,childcare???lol.bearing in mind im a single mummy. on a postive note my learn spanish books have arrived so gonna start on that tonight!

Like 0      
19 Jun 2008 8:52 PM by Acapulco Star rating in Costa Blanca South.. 342 posts Send private message

Acapulco´s avatar
Could be that a lot of members ,like me,have never heard of Reiki of hot stone massage. Sounds interesting though.

If you're going through hell keep on going, you might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

Like 0      
19 Jun 2008 9:56 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar
Hi jacquilm,

It's really hard to know just what to advise you because there seems to be so much of everything already here. ( I mean on CB )

There are several gyms in my area ( Playa Flamenca ) and I know of a lot of fitness and pilates classes, even one on the beach!!
There are 2 wedding planners around here, admittedly they charge a fortune, but are used by English mainly.
There are quite a few beauty and alternative therapy businesses too. Chiropidy and accipunturists and massage stuff too.
I don't know about childcare, except for nurseries and creches but the Spanish look after their own kids in extended families.

It does appear to be quite difficult to get work here. Perhaps teaching English would be a good idea if you can get some qualification?

In any event you will definately need to speak and write fluent Spanish.

Good luck.

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
20 Jun 2008 12:37 AM by shar Star rating in Campo in Albatera, C.... 36 posts Send private message

shar´s avatar

Hi Jaquilm

There is lots of advice here on the forum as a whole but speaking Spanish being realisitic in your goals and having some well actually quite a lot of money behind you...Renting is also an excellent idea to start with and saves any expensive mistakes,  as the taxes are high when buying here so best be sure if not only the area is right for you but also the house and lifestyle and you should be able to find a rental property within your budget there are plenty available at the moment and for long term rents you can usually negotiate pretty reasonable deals. The most important thing you you should be willing to try anything please remember there are many wannabe expats and they will or many of them, need to work, so there is fierce competition amongst expats for this work and as well as many people coming over to be reborn a builder or plumber or hairdresser etc there are people here already who are actually well established and are qualified so you need to be aware of this and do your homework well... I don´t want to sound negative and I see this and say this on a regular basis but moving your family over here can be a very rewarding experience if you have the means to set up properly and don’t set yourself too high standards and are realistic with your budget . You maybe need to research more about what you will do here for work first like you seem to be doing and perhaps look in the expat newspapers to see if there is already someone doing what you are thinking of, there are loads of forums including this one where other people will give lots of unbiased advice.

Good luck!

This message was last edited by shar on 6/20/2008.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Long term rental - 5 posts
Ferry booked for the 6th of July !!! - 3 posts
I´m a winner - 11 posts
EOS Video - 1 posts
winter rental - 3 posts
ice cream van/ burger vans in spain? - 12 posts
hi. - 14 posts
hello 3 bed wanted for rent in the mijas area. - 2 posts
where can I get car insurance? - 4 posts
The wise formula: Rent with an option to buy - 18 posts
Please help, looking for a place to rent 18th July for 2 nights in Benicassim - 0 posts
How long will this go on??????????????????? - 14 posts
Freesat - 20 posts
Map of Airports in Spain - 0 posts
Swindles to real estates agents inTorrevieja Area - 0 posts
rental needed in costa del sol - 0 posts
Blog Help..................PLEASE - 6 posts
Rent to Buy - 4 posts
Pre existing health conditions - 9 posts
Do you own a shop or know of a wholesalers in spain? - 1 posts
Complaints against the Police - 0 posts
ideas on training for work please? - 4 posts
Legal fees - 0 posts
Surge Protector - 1 posts
Orihuela judge applying UK Law to a case - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x