hi there

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
13 Jun 2008 12:00 AM by tes Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

been looking at some properties in almoradi thinking of moving in jan 09 can any one help by telling me what the area is like to live in . we are bringing our two teenage children with us.

Like 0      
13 Jun 2008 7:56 PM by Sten46 Star rating in Hatton, Derbyshire &.... 243 posts Send private message

Hi Tes. Almoradi is great! We've been visiting for a year or two now because we have friends who moved there three years ago, and took the plunge and bought our own place there just over a year ago. We intend to move over permanently in about a year's time. 

Basically, a quiet place, a few English owned bars, a relatively small British ex-pat community but, in the main, very Spanish. The majority of the locals speak little or no English, but without exception are friendly, welcoming and helpful.

Fantastic street market every Saturday, and I've never seen anything else to compare with the festivals etc celebrating high days and holidays (of which there MANY!)

Realistically, don't know much about what to do for teenagers. There's the new swimming pool etc, bowling alley and the usual sort of 'hang-outs' for kids. One of the best things is that my daughter (26) says she feels totally safe walking in the town in the evenings alone or with friends.

We bought from a small local estate agent, unconnected with any of the 'big boys' and I cannot speak highly enough of them. Nothing was too much trouble for them, and they helped and guided us all the way. If you are interested, drop me a PM and I will let you have their details.

So, as you can see - love the place to bits and can't wait to move in permanently!

Steve.

Steve.

Like 0      
14 Jun 2008 3:47 PM by tes Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Hi steve thanks for the reply it's very helpful. we are just going to rent for 12 months so we know what it is like. It's just that we heard that almoradi was highly  populated by morocans and gypsy's i take it thats not true after everything you have said.Do you or your friend know what the jobs front is like there as we both wish to carry on working over there as we don't mind if it's going to give us a better life for us both and our children. Thankyou for answering our questions it's much appreciated

Tes

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Studio or above Costa Calida / Costa Blanca Max 100€ a week needed - 0 posts
Costa Blanca / Costa Calida Studio or above required - 2 posts
Headlight Conversion - 10 posts
FOR SALE - Satellite Internet Dish and Router - EASTERN ANDALUCIA - 0 posts
WANTED: Small Gas Fridge - Eastern Andalucia - 0 posts
TV in Fortuna - 7 posts
End of the Lisbon Treaty - 4 posts
Funiture Repair/Upholstery - 0 posts
help!! - 4 posts
Long term rental - 5 posts
Ferry booked for the 6th of July !!! - 3 posts
I´m a winner - 11 posts
EOS Video - 1 posts
winter rental - 3 posts
ice cream van/ burger vans in spain? - 12 posts
hi. - 14 posts
hello 3 bed wanted for rent in the mijas area. - 2 posts
where can I get car insurance? - 4 posts
The wise formula: Rent with an option to buy - 18 posts
Please help, looking for a place to rent 18th July for 2 nights in Benicassim - 0 posts
How long will this go on??????????????????? - 14 posts
Freesat - 20 posts
Map of Airports in Spain - 0 posts
Swindles to real estates agents inTorrevieja Area - 0 posts
rental needed in costa del sol - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x