Headlight Conversion

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
13 Jun 2008 12:00 AM by Eva2008 Star rating in Reading. 152 posts Send private message

Eva2008´s avatar
Does anyone know, where I can get my headlights converted to European standards? or is it just a case of the stickers on the glass?

I cant seem to find any information on the web.

thanks

Like 0      
13 Jun 2008 3:28 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar
If you are going for a short visit, beam deflectors are adequate (stickers on the glass). If it is for permanent export you will need to replace the complete headlight unit. These are available at either the main dealers (expensive), a car accessory shop (do they exist in Spain?) and scrap yard (cheapest option). I found the best way (not in Spain but in Germany) was to advertise for someone that had brought a RHD car with the view to taking it back to the UK and arrange a headlamp swap.

Mark

Like 0      
13 Jun 2008 3:31 PM by sallieg Star rating in estepona. 18 posts Send private message

yes car accessory shops do exsist bit like halford good one in Mijas costa Norauto complete with workshop  etc, i am sure there must be others too.

Like 0      
14 Jun 2008 12:54 AM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar
Some modern cars have a switch to redirect the beam. Check the manual.
Stickers are definitely not acceptable if importing the car - it will fail it's MoT (ITV) on this.

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
15 Jun 2008 5:47 AM by Eva2008 Star rating in Reading. 152 posts Send private message

Eva2008´s avatar
Thanks for the replies. I will probably use stickers for the trip as I'm gonna try and sell the car when over there to someone who wants to drive back.

Like 0      
17 Jun 2008 9:25 PM by troviscas Star rating in aberdeen soon to be .... 16 posts Send private message

Just reading through and need an answer.... please.. would this be the same for a motorcycle.. I have just bought my new Fazer FZ6 moving across end of August and taking my bike... planning a year in spain but may be longer...

susz

Like 0      
17 Jun 2008 10:48 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar
If you become a resident - which strictly speaking you are if you spend more than half the year here - then you should re-register your bike onto Spanish plates, and the headlamp would need to dip to the right in order to do this.

Mark Twain

Like 0      
18 Jun 2008 8:01 AM by troviscas Star rating in aberdeen soon to be .... 16 posts Send private message

Thanks Roberto... can you tell me if I need to use the coloured sticker too..

susz

Like 0      
18 Jun 2008 6:53 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar
As a temporary measure, sure. Will stop you blinding on coming traffic - that's assuming they're looking where they're going in the first place, which too often they're not.
Safe riding!

Mark Twain

Like 0      
18 Jun 2008 8:21 PM by troviscas Star rating in aberdeen soon to be .... 16 posts Send private message

Hi Roberto,

It Is a frightning thought ,riding over there..I have asked on "the introduce yourself " thread if there is a club that I can join or even a couple of riders that want to go for a run once there, to get in touch.. but I have had no replys as of yet..

plan to be safe I have a preservation for life and a few un ticked boxes lol

Susz

Like 0      
19 Jun 2008 12:05 AM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar
Just noticed a blog on this site:  http://www.eyeonspain.com/blogs/biketouringinthesun/207/harleys-take-it-easy.aspx

Coincidence? Or is this you??!!

Mark Twain

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

FOR SALE - Satellite Internet Dish and Router - EASTERN ANDALUCIA - 0 posts
WANTED: Small Gas Fridge - Eastern Andalucia - 0 posts
TV in Fortuna - 7 posts
End of the Lisbon Treaty - 4 posts
Funiture Repair/Upholstery - 0 posts
help!! - 4 posts
Long term rental - 5 posts
Ferry booked for the 6th of July !!! - 3 posts
I´m a winner - 11 posts
EOS Video - 1 posts
winter rental - 3 posts
ice cream van/ burger vans in spain? - 12 posts
hi. - 14 posts
hello 3 bed wanted for rent in the mijas area. - 2 posts
where can I get car insurance? - 4 posts
The wise formula: Rent with an option to buy - 18 posts
Please help, looking for a place to rent 18th July for 2 nights in Benicassim - 0 posts
How long will this go on??????????????????? - 14 posts
Freesat - 20 posts
Map of Airports in Spain - 0 posts
Swindles to real estates agents inTorrevieja Area - 0 posts
rental needed in costa del sol - 0 posts
Blog Help..................PLEASE - 6 posts
Rent to Buy - 4 posts
Pre existing health conditions - 9 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 11

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x