Late Completion

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
26 May 2008 12:00 AM by leeabby Star rating in Old Kilpatrick, Glas.... 140 posts Send private message

leeabby´s avatar
I have in my contract that I can claim compensation for Late completion i.e.the builder has 90 days from the date of completion to finish the property.  My original date of completion was 30th January, 2008, but I am not too sure how the lateness is calculated
For example, as far as I am aware I should be due compensation from about 29th April, but to when??  Is it the date my completion letter is issued by my agent or is it the actual date of handover of the keys.

Can someone advise as I am awaiting my letter of completion this week from my agent and I know that there is no mentionof compensation on it.  Do I have to take this up with my lawyer or should it have been automatic?

Thanks for any help.

Like 0      
26 May 2008 11:10 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Hola Sharon & David. 

I would've thought the 90 days was from contractual completion date which you say was 30th January, 2008.

I also would think that the date your agent says property is ready is the date you could complete (whether you did or not on that date is another matter) so the compensation should be from the 90th day to that date. 

Just my thoughts. Sounds right I think. 

Regarding no mention of compensation in the agent's letter I wouldn't think it would be offered on a plate to be honest. Think you may well have to demand it & fight to get it too.

We need Maria.

Anyway, good luck & maybe one day we'll meet in Almoradi market preferably at Cafe Vienna's.

This message was last edited by morerosado on 5/26/2008.

Like 0      
27 May 2008 7:52 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar
Leeabby, please have answers below in bold green:

I have in my contract that I can claim compensation for Late completion i.e.the builder has 90 days from the date of completion to finish the property.  My original date of completion was 30th January, 2008, but I am not too sure how the lateness is calculated
For example, as far as I am aware I should be due compensation from about 29th April, but to when??  To the day you sign your Notary deed ( with First Occupation License of course). The day 1 is January 30th unless they can justify a force majeure reason for the extension of 3 months. Which ( existence of justifying force majeure) is pretty difficult.  Is it the date my completion letter is issued by my agent or is it the actual date of handover of the keys.

Can someone advise as I am awaiting my letter of completion this week from my agent and I know that there is no mentionof compensation on it.  Do I have to take this up with my lawyer or should it have been automatic? It should be automatic as it s expressed and agreed in the contract, but you will have to fight for that through your lawyer.

Thanks for any help.

This message was last edited by mariadecastro on 5/27/2008.

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
27 May 2008 9:21 AM by leeabby Star rating in Old Kilpatrick, Glas.... 140 posts Send private message

leeabby´s avatar
Thank you both for your help.
I have written to my lawyer and asked that she deal with it.

Sharon

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

OUR FAVOURITE MUSIC VIDEOS - 130 posts
how long? - 6 posts
Baby equipment hire - Costa Blanca - 0 posts
Motocross - 12 posts
KIA SORRENTO - 0 posts
Bichon frise pups for sale - 0 posts
Help Need Information - 5 posts
SERVIRED WEBSITE IN ENGLISH. FIND YOUR NEAREST ATM IN SPAIN. - 1 posts
Veranda Al-Andalus - Keymare - 27 posts
Defra Website must read when contemplating bring pets to Spain - 1 posts
healthcare in Spain, HELP - 18 posts
Apartment wanted for rent 24th July to 14th August - HELP!!!!!! - 2 posts
Embargos on Motor Vehicles - 5 posts
IKEA furniture pricing in Spain/UK - 23 posts
Spain for Eurovision - 37 posts
LYNX JET, THE FUTURE FOR MALE TRAVEL - 2 posts
House and Pet Sitting - 0 posts
A&J Global Group S.L - 1 posts
Builders/ Developers ? - 0 posts
Spanish countryside experience - 2 posts
hello - 55 posts
Mobile phones - 12 posts
2 bed townhouse wanted in Torrevieja, long term - 7 posts
LOOKING FOR LONG TERM RENTAL IN TORREVIEJA - 0 posts
Moving In - 22 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x