newcomers in Spain

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
04 Apr 2008 12:00 AM by ismana Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

Hello everyone! im Isma Ayala 24 year old male from Tijuana Mexico looking for some info and advises on how hard it really is to find a job in Spain without any work permit?! taking into consideration that i am 100% fluent in Spanish of course and 100% fluent in English and some italian as well also i dont have a degree just yet  but im willing to work hard!!  I asked this same question in  the finland forum and  i just hope you people are not as hard and rude like those darn Finns anyway any info or comments will be welcome

Like 0      
04 Apr 2008 4:43 PM by jules1 Star rating in St Ives, Cambridgesh.... 264 posts Send private message

jules1´s avatar

Hi Ismana my personal opinion is that you stand a very good chance of getting a job as you are fluent in both Spanish and English. Most people moving to Spain do not speak spanish which is a major disadvantage. I wish you the best of luck in your search.

Julia

Like 0      
04 Apr 2008 6:29 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
Your English is obviously native level if you are using words like "darn" so if you headed for the cities you could teach English. If you want to live on the coast you could teach spanish. I am guessing that Mexican Spanish to Castellano is what American English is to British English but I am sure that you could teach castellano which is what the British people would need to learn since they are living in Spain. There's loads you could do from window cleaning to waitering you would just have to come with enough money to keep you afloat until you find the work. It is tougher at the moment than it has been in recent years due to the current economic situation but if you really want to do it it isn't impossible.Good luck.

Susan

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
05 Apr 2008 12:14 AM by Poppyseed Star rating. 897 posts Send private message

I may have misunderstoood something here, it is late on a Friday night, but am I correct in assuming the posts here are endorsing working without a work permit?? I have no idea if Mexicans need a work permit, but if they do  I find that quite worrying.

Poppyseed

Like 0      
05 Apr 2008 6:26 AM by ismana Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

Hello to everyone! well i thank you all that replied to my message i found the info very helpful and hopeful. i also believe that it won't be easy to find a job immediately but i have hope that i will, also one other question if anyone knows anything about getting into school for a foreigner is it really hard considering that i want to finish my major which is architecture! thanx for any info you guys can provide.
                                                 -isma-

Like 0      
05 Apr 2008 8:18 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
I don't know about central americans but there are certainly lots of south americans working in spain. I guess they just apply for a work permit once they are here which is what I assume ismana would do. As for continuing your education, I don't see why that should be a problem since the likelihood is that you will have to pay for it.

Susan

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
05 Apr 2008 4:54 PM by jules1 Star rating in St Ives, Cambridgesh.... 264 posts Send private message

jules1´s avatar

I was assuming that a work permit wou;ld be applied for as for anyone seeking work. I was only commenting that because of the fluency in both Spanish and English, there would be a much better chance of getting a job.

Julia

Like 0      
05 Apr 2008 11:36 PM by Poppyseed Star rating. 897 posts Send private message

""how hard it really is to find a job in Spain without any work permit?""  This must be what confused me.

Poppyseed

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Looking for a place from 7th May La Zenia Area. - 0 posts
A few questions before the big move, 12th May - 16 posts
Structural Survey - 1 posts
WARNING... ALMERIA .... MAYOR OF ZURGENA ARRESTED - 1 posts
Flexible, english speaking employment, nationwide in Spain - 6 posts
latest pictures thalassa visit www.nuevosvecinos.com - 0 posts
EDITING POSTS - 2 posts
Good restaurants in the Duquesa Area - 92 posts
How to avoid Spanish Inheritance Tax - 25 posts
fire baskets - 0 posts
Not what but where? - 18 posts
hi we are tonden - 2 posts
Meeting - 09/06/07 - 54 posts
Driving from Bilbao to Mar Menor - 11 posts
Directions To the Roman Baths - 4 posts
Good Ladies Clothes Shop - 5 posts
Intercom system - 3 posts
This seems very expensive - 0 posts
Looks like a new way to create funds! - 6 posts
Spanish Banking Ombudsman - 37 posts
Completion?-but have to pay 4000 euros for insurance??? - 6 posts
can this business work in spain???? - 6 posts
dont just sit there - 2 posts
Hi - 3 posts
PET FREE COMMUNITY - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 8

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x