Intercom system

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
01 Apr 2008 12:00 AM by DoubleJ Star rating in Las Alpujarras and L.... 143 posts Send private message

DoubleJ´s avatar

Hi

Looking for some advice here. We are due to complete on a property just outside La Linea (very close to Gibraltar) either late this year or early next.

Problem is, the punitive exchange rate, changed personal circumstances and the ever increasing cost of mortgages means that we may struggle to pay even an interest only mortgage, covering the remaining 80% balance on our property.

So, I was thinking of long term letting, especially targeting people who work in Gibraltar, but who cannot afford to live there.

What's the best way of going about this ?. Ideally, I would like to do this through a reputable Management Company who could set everything up and deal with any tennant issues locally as we are non-resident. I accept that this would mean that they would take a cut of the income, but something regular, without much hassel would be better than nothing.

Anyone know what the chances are and what income I could realistically expect to achieve ? Also, what the typical cut that the management company are likely to take ?

The property is a top/2nd floor appartment with 4 double bedrooms (approx 130 m2 + 10m2 terrace)

Any suggestions of reputable Management Companies would be great, then I can do some further digging with them.

Thanks

Like 0      
02 Apr 2008 11:38 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
I suggest you have a chat with Lisa who has a blog on here (www.eyeonspain.com/blogs/lisa.aspx).  She will be able to answer ALL your questions...she's very good and has first hand experience in renting long term to people working in Gib.

Her own website is www.lmkmanagement.com

Best of luck

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
02 Apr 2008 5:36 PM by davidAH Star rating. 12 posts Send private message

I have spoken with two different rental companies in Gibralter, both just off the main street, and they seem to be on the ball. I was considering buying in Alcaidesa and they could see no problems in dealing with the property from Gibralter.

In the end I did not buy, but anyway, the companies were, Richardsons and Bray Properties. I am sure you could track them down on google.

good luck

Like 0      
02 Apr 2008 7:27 PM by DoubleJ Star rating in Las Alpujarras and L.... 143 posts Send private message

DoubleJ´s avatar

David / Justin,

Thanks for your replies..... I'll get busy chasing these up

John

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

This seems very expensive - 0 posts
Looks like a new way to create funds! - 6 posts
Spanish Banking Ombudsman - 37 posts
Completion?-but have to pay 4000 euros for insurance??? - 6 posts
can this business work in spain???? - 6 posts
dont just sit there - 2 posts
Hi - 3 posts
PET FREE COMMUNITY - 4 posts
Directions to Manilva required - 0 posts
golf clubs in Murcia - 10 posts
manilva beach - 2 posts
Traveling to Spain from Bulgaria with new dog - 0 posts
Did you pay CGT Capital Gain Tax (mod 212) between 2003 and 2006 ? - 0 posts
Looking for a fiscal representitive... - 11 posts
What do you all think of..... - 14 posts
NEW MORTGAGE ALERT - 11 posts
300 Euro Monthly Community Charge! - 2 posts
Guardamar Information website - 4 posts
Hello everyone! - 1 posts
Want 2 bedrooms in first-line from beach for 3 months from April 08 - budget 1500euros - 0 posts
TV CHANNELLS - 2 posts
Apartment Insurance - 4 posts
Housename - 1 posts
Dog Breeders in San Miguel de Salinas - 2 posts
Tile paint...... - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x