Newcomer

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
17 Feb 2008 12:00 AM by astelle Star rating in Shaw. 14 posts Send private message

astelle´s avatar

Hi just saying hello

We have just returned from Spain after putting a deposit down on a property in Taray hacienda.

We are now waiting for all the paper work to go through although we are novices and are learning as we go along. So any help would be greatfully recieved. We will probably need to return around Easter time. Does anyone know anywhere to stay

Thanks astelle

Like 0      
17 Feb 2008 1:24 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi Astelle, welcome.

If you click on this blue link you can register free with your own development forum & chat with other owners in there.

Hacienda Taray

Please ENSURE you have instructed an independant lawyer & not one Taray recommended to you. That's very important.

I assume you know that you should use a commercial bank (HIFX, Moneycorps, Currencies Direct etc) to send your stage payments over. You will get a much better rate of exchange than transferring from your usual bank.

Get your Bank Guarantee from your builder as this is your legal right, it safeguards your stage payments) but all too often builders don't give one & that is illegal. It will be free but some want paying for it.

Like 0      
17 Feb 2008 1:38 PM by damok666 Star rating in Sunderland. 75 posts Send private message

Hi Astelle, welcome to Eos! Good luck with your purchase :)

Like 0      
17 Feb 2008 2:29 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Hi Astelle, yes welcome to the forum I wished I had found it when we started buying,  it is very informative and can help you a lot please heed what More is telling you, very useful.  Good Luck Pat 

Like 0      
17 Feb 2008 8:29 PM by astelle Star rating in Shaw. 14 posts Send private message

astelle´s avatar

Thank you, to all for welcoming me. Hope to speak soon

Astelle

Like 0      
26 Feb 2008 10:47 PM by astelle Star rating in Shaw. 14 posts Send private message

astelle´s avatar

We have recieved our contract but it is in Spanish. I know it is only leagal in Spanish but I want to know what we are signing. So I have delayed sending it back until i can get proper advise. My worry is though that I might go over dead lines while I try to sort it out. It's very difficult when you work full time too. The best hours for contacting people have gone before you return home. I am now waiting for my Lawyer in Spain who has been on a course to get in touch when she returns. Speak to you all soon

Astelle

Like 0      
26 Feb 2008 11:23 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Hi Astelle, I think I am right in saying this should have been translated for you into English, I know our's was we would not have know what we was signing if it had not  been.  I would think it would be your  Lawyer you need to talk to and ask why that has not been done.         It must be hard trying to juggle everything when you are working ,  good luck hope this get's resolved.  Pat

Like 0      
27 Feb 2008 1:20 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
We signed Spanish contract but we were given English copy. However, builder had cunningly omitted to put into English contract that we'd agreed to pay HIS taxes !!!  When we were sent financial breakdown it was obvious we'd been duped. However, as we used agent's legal dept, we said they were liable as they didn't check it before letting us sign & we said we weren't paying the builder's Plus Valia. He'd made the profit on the land, he is liable for his own taxes. They kept pointing out we signed a contract. We kicked up a storm, I tell you. Agent then agreed to pay it & he did but what a performance we had.  Estelle, your lawyer shouldn't let you sign till you are aware of what you're signing.

Like 0      
27 Feb 2008 9:45 PM by karen c Star rating. 89 posts Send private message

Hi Astelle,

I have a property on hacienda San Cayetano ( opposite side of the road) with Taray. Just give them a call or get your solicitor to do so, as they will send you a copy of your contract in English. I received mine by email within a day or so.

I'm sure you'll love san Cayetano, it's lovely and friendly ( and much warmer than Derbyshire)

Take care

karen

Like 0      
27 Feb 2008 10:22 PM by astelle Star rating in Shaw. 14 posts Send private message

astelle´s avatar

Thank you for your advice, I got in touch with my Lawyer today. She said will look through it today. So I await her reply.

Thankyou Karen It does seem very friendly. We were out there earlier this month and spoke to a few of the residents and they all spoke highly of their life in Spain.

Sorry to hear the nightmare you went through Morerosado. I hope my lawyer is more on the ball!

Thanks Pat and Roy I have now got an English copy sent by e mail

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Headlights on English car - 1 posts
Motor trade contacts - 1 posts
Doggy Dilemma - 10 posts
Bereaved? - 28 posts
Hard Water Area - 0 posts
Cartagena, Costa Blanca photos, please add more. - 0 posts
Orihuela, Costa Blanca photos, please add more. - 3 posts
internet in spain - 0 posts
San Pedro del Pinatar, Costa Blanca photos. Please add more - 0 posts
Santa Pola photos, add more if you can.(Costa Blanca) - 0 posts
Torrevieja photos, please add more to here. - 0 posts
Ok... I have a list of areas!! - 49 posts
Dining Room Furniture - 0 posts
Hello everyone - 1 posts
Jarvo - 2 posts
Insurance for a UK registered car being driven in Spain - 0 posts
re sale in los altos - 0 posts
SAY WHAT U C !!................bit of a quiz. - 27 posts
Mundi Abogados Solicitors - 0 posts
site office contact details please urgent - 2 posts
Sol Vivienda - 3 posts
Planning permission - 14 posts
lawyer needed in El Albujon, Murcia - 1 posts
no Bank Guarantee=refund - 26 posts
Architect Wanted - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 10

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x