Developer Bankrupt credit crunch bites hard

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
30 Jan 2008 12:00 AM by test1 Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

We have heard strong rumours from our president with information from the administrator that our new development has the developer and the constructor going bust. Many of the owners have still got snagging issues and the development has major defects that the developer and constructor agreed they would rectify at a meeting with our president and administrator in December 2007.

An example of these defects are the whole residence should have been painted in waterproof paint which was in the contract, it was not. The residence is a large development and an approximate cost to do this painting work is in the region of 120000€.

Until there is an official announcement or something appears in the press or on the radio I think I may be on dodgy ground by naming them. They are a major developer with many off plan and nearly finished projects in Spain.

The developers name does not begin with the letter 'A'

As things stand today no calls or emails from the developer are being answered and the workman have gone from the development  where they were doing some of the snagging issues but not the structural defects and they have since left the site because of not being paid!

Also the developer has not paid 15000€ in community fees that is owing on the empty properties. The bank who holds the mortgages for the empty properties will, I assume, take possesion of these.

Our Spanish president, vice president and administrator have an appointment with a lawyer next week.

Help!!

• Who has to do the outstanding building defects? The bank? The 'Ten Year Guarantee?'
  • Who is responsible for the oustanding community fees and future payments of the community charges on the empty apartments?
  • Will the community be responsible and ultimately will everyone here be paying higher community charges?

Like 0      
30 Jan 2008 5:47 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Wait until you have more information to go on. If it is a large developer, they will have many assets and land you can go against, but you will need a much fuller picture before you can decide how to handle it.

The 10 year guarantees are usually insurance backed  in case the original builder folds or ceases trading but check with your lawyer this is the case.

The empty units comm fees are payable by the last owner so you as a community may need to absorb those if he cannot pay as if there is comm fees outsratnding then usually action is taken against the owner with the asset (property) embargioed and sold to clear the debts.

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Quick quick reply needed - 12 posts
Terrazas de Almerimar - 3 posts
65% self certification withdrawn - 1 posts
Ryanair note...... - 43 posts
ALBOX TE NECESITA - ALBOX NEEDS YOU - 1 posts
North ,South , East ,West. - 7 posts
Can someone explain the "I've made x no of posts" - 4 posts
WHAT HAPPENED TO THE FORUM - 2 posts
Al Mar El Mar - 6 posts
£19m Lotto winner - 3 posts
Spanish Government hides their banks troubles - 0 posts
swap your uk flat for my 2 bed penthouse - 0 posts
Does this amount sound okay to you tax people out there - 11 posts
About to buy - 17 posts
Camper Van Hire to tour Spain - 0 posts
What is the responsibility of The Townhall? - 8 posts
If you sell a Spanish property and buy another is there relief on capital gains tax? - 7 posts
Flights with British Airways - 40 posts
Towels and bed linen for the rental market - 17 posts
i need a long term let - 1 posts
One for you girls.... - 11 posts
Inland Auctions - 0 posts
FAO Admin: Contacting Rental Agents Problem - 5 posts
Long Term Unfurnished Property Wanted in Alcaidesa - 0 posts
Completion - 20 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 2

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x