REGISTER A CAR IN SPAIN

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
25 Nov 2007 12:00 AM by rob/jac Star rating in sutton coldfield / m.... 59 posts Send private message

HI

I have bought a spanish registered car in the uk through a dealer, I now need to register it in my name in Spain where I now live In the Murcia area, Can any one advice me on where to go to do this any Help will be appreciated .

Like 0      
25 Nov 2007 6:03 PM by dringman Star rating in www.Condadoexcursion.... 772 posts Send private message

dringman´s avatar
came across this on a web site . Does that mean we should register under UK for 6 months and then re register?

Registering your LHD Car in Spain

Re-registration of a vehicle in Spain can be a very costly exercise due to the fiscal charges. If you register a vehicle in Spain without owning it for 6 months, for instance, your name has not been on the registration document for at least 6 months, you have to pay the following duty:- Up to 2000cc - 7%, Over 2000cc - 12%. As you probably know, if you purchase a Spanish registered car from a private individual you also pay a 4% transfer fee.

To abide by Spanish law car, the car must be registered within 6 months of permanent residency. You can UK register and tax the car in your name, at a UK address, then on the 7th month of your ownership arrange for re-registration of the car in Spain. On this basis, it becomes classed as a personal import and the total registration charges and taxes, if using a local registration agent, become quite reasonable at around 750 Euro.

So to summarise, if you buy one of our vehicles, we can register it onto UK plates in your name, keep the car wherever you want, i.e. in Spain, then in the 7th month of ownership contact any registration agent to transfer the car onto Spanish plates and, with our prices, you will have saved yourself about 20% on local prices.

www.condadoexcursions.com   Airport Transfers Day Trips Alhama de Murcia Taxi No 10  
tel +441212881323   +34 622714979

Like 0      
25 Nov 2007 6:10 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
We used a "gestor" to sort of the paperwork for us.  It is quite common to do this.

Just find a gestor in your area and he can save you all the hassle!

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
25 Nov 2007 7:36 PM by johnone Star rating in La Reserva de Marbel.... 233 posts Send private message

johnone´s avatar
** EDITED ** Unnecessary comment

Dime con quién andas y te diré quién eres.

Like 0      
25 Nov 2007 7:58 PM by rob/jac Star rating in sutton coldfield / m.... 59 posts Send private message

Hi Justin]

Thanks for that the car is on Spanish plates and already registered to spain and to a spanish address in spain so is this  gestor the person i need to contact ?

where do i start to find someone like this in my area im liveing in Murcia.

Thanks

Rob/Jac

Like 0      
25 Nov 2007 8:23 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar

Hey johnone, if you read Morerosado's posts, then you would know how to put in a cartoon!!

I bet she could sort out the car registration too!!

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
25 Nov 2007 9:50 PM by Febe Star rating in Flix, on river Ebro,.... 240 posts Send private message

I'm a tad lost here.

You baught a Spanish reged car, still reged in Spain, from a UK dealer!

As far as I know you need the signature and NIF no. of the old owner to transfer a cars ownership. Then, yes, use a gestor. Walk up any high street, you'll find one!

Have fun.

No matter where you go, there you are.

Like 0      
26 Nov 2007 8:06 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

You can indeed get a Gestor to do it all for you, and that certainly saves a lot of hassle, but also costs. Alternatively, you could go to Trafico and just do it yourself. Trafico in Murcia is at:

C/Ricardo Zamora, 3, C.P. 30071 (tel: 968 256 211) They're open 9-5 Mon-Thurs, 9-2 Friday. (Mornings only in summer )

Instructions (in Spanish only I'm afraid) for what you need to do are here: http://dgt.es/tramites/vehiculos/pdf/Transferencia2.pdf

I can find two forms on the Trafico website, not too sure which is the correct one to use, but you can see them here: http://dgt.es/tramites/listado_impresos/impresos/9.07A-Castellano.pdf  and here:  http://dgt.es/tramites/listado_impresos/impresos/9.050-Castellano.pdf

Either way, it looks like you need the signature of the seller on it. Hopefully you already have that?

As for registering it in the UK first for 6 + months , then bringing it in as a personal import - that only works if you are not already registered as a resident in Spain, because you have to re-register it within 6 months (?not sure on the actual time allowed?) of becoming a resident. Otherwise, you'll end up paying the 7 or 12% on the depreciated value of the car in registration tax (depending on engine size). If it's already on Spanish plates, that would seem a bit silly.

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

uk tax liability for spanish rental property - 7 posts
SHOULD I COMPLETE ..your views please - 11 posts
administrative position - 0 posts
Blackmail or not - 9 posts
Justin, re PMs, still problems.......... help please. - 2 posts
BRAND NEW MOTOX BIKE FOR SALE - 0 posts
work - 23 posts
Hola - 8 posts
Help? - 3 posts
Advice please.. - 0 posts
Sevillana Electricity - 9 posts
Quality Builders around Benahavis/San Pedro/Marbella - 0 posts
What's wrong with my Lemon tree? - 5 posts
Hi my name is zero, can you help? - 3 posts
building materials - 5 posts
Another New Member - 14 posts
Long Term Parking At Almeria - 4 posts
3 Further photo's Condado (jardines) - 19 posts
Gutted!! - 21 posts
Public transport to airports - 6 posts
Money Back - 1 posts
snagging list not required before purchase??? - 3 posts
Manzanares golf course - 1 posts
Upset at Manilva Beach - 4 posts
currencey exchange - 20 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 8

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x