uk tax liability for spanish rental property

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
25 Nov 2007 12:00 AM by whitecloud Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

Are the expenses for the morgage interest, community tax and utilities only deductable during the time the property is rented? I am receiving conflicting information and would appreciate if any one can clarify this for me. luego Heather

Like 0      
25 Nov 2007 11:14 AM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

I was told by the taxman that the deductions could be made for the time the apartment is "available for rent". So, for the times that you are using the property or the times you make it unavailable for rent, you must discount those weeks from your calculations. I have a copy of the Form SA106-tax allowances that will show you what you can and can't claim for. PM me your email if you want a copy.

Mark

Like 0      
26 Nov 2007 10:31 AM by whitecloud Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

Hi Mark, thanks for your reply. If you could send the information to me that would be great. This is my first excursion into forums so I am not sure how I pass on my email address to you without putting it up on the internet. I will try to figure it out today, thanks again

Like 0      
26 Nov 2007 11:57 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi Heather

You don't post your email on the forum, you click on Mark's post below yours where it says "send private message" & tell him that way.

Like 0      
28 Nov 2007 9:53 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Download Form SA106 - tax allowances -  here

http://www.capform.co.uk/fullformlist.asp?Level1=15&Level2=129&Level3=779

or here http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/forms/sa106.pdf.

Notes on filling it in are here http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/worksheets/sa106-notes.pdf

I just Googled for " SA106 tax allowances"

This message was last edited by morerosado on 11/28/2007.

Like 0      
01 Dec 2007 8:28 AM by whitecloud Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

many thanks for that, i am confused because an accountant told me that I could only claim the morgage interest and other expenses only for the weeks the property was let, so therefore I could earn a profit if say I rented it for a month and have to pay tax. seems a bit bizarre to me. someone else told me their tax office has said you can claim for all the weeks except those weeks used for personal use! what is the right answer??

Like 0      
01 Dec 2007 8:58 AM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Try ringing the tax office for further clarification. I telephoned 0845 300 0627 which is in Manchester. They told me that you also need to fill in a self assessment tax return. Most of the info is on the SA106 form. You need to look in the notes and helpsheets and scroll to foreign income.

Mark

Like 0      
03 Dec 2007 8:06 AM by whitecloud Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

thank you very much,Heather

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

SHOULD I COMPLETE ..your views please - 11 posts
administrative position - 0 posts
Blackmail or not - 9 posts
Justin, re PMs, still problems.......... help please. - 2 posts
BRAND NEW MOTOX BIKE FOR SALE - 0 posts
work - 23 posts
Hola - 8 posts
Help? - 3 posts
Advice please.. - 0 posts
Sevillana Electricity - 9 posts
Quality Builders around Benahavis/San Pedro/Marbella - 0 posts
What's wrong with my Lemon tree? - 5 posts
Hi my name is zero, can you help? - 3 posts
building materials - 5 posts
Another New Member - 14 posts
Long Term Parking At Almeria - 4 posts
3 Further photo's Condado (jardines) - 19 posts
Gutted!! - 21 posts
Public transport to airports - 6 posts
Money Back - 1 posts
snagging list not required before purchase??? - 3 posts
Manzanares golf course - 1 posts
Upset at Manilva Beach - 4 posts
currencey exchange - 20 posts
Police Denuncia Form pdf file. (Translated into English too.) - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 8

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x