Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
13 Nov 2007 12:00 AM by suziew Star rating. 24 posts Send private message

Hi,

I have been told by Andalucian Dream Homes that:

"The hard fact of the matter is that it is no longer possible to sell a purchase contract on before completion."

I wondered if this were true or whether they were telling me rubbish.

Any thoughts anyone.

Thanks

Suz

Like 0      
13 Nov 2007 2:44 PM by ******** Star rating in UK & Murcia. 574 posts Send private message

Hi Suz

welcome to the forum - you'll get loads of help here.

Suggest you get your lawyer to look at the detail in your contract.  Even then you probably won't get a clear answer. 

It is a fact of the current market - developers can't sell their new builds.  If you sell on, you're competing with them (probably undercutting them if you want a quick sale) so the easy answer from them is no, you can't do it.

Sales of new builds are slowing in some areas.  This is less income through taxes for the local government.  When contracts are sold on - not as many taxes are due as you're selling a contract not a building.  This benefits investors more than the locality.

Some authorities are wise to this, hence you have to buy - paying all taxes - then sell - paying all taxes.  Wish you luck.

Jane

Like 0      
13 Nov 2007 2:59 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

It depends on the context they have told you that.

It is possible, but does depend on the terms of your private purchase contract. If it does not state you can sell this on then you will need permission from the developers.

Also any profits have to be taxed. It is not impossible but is a lot harder and the reson is no one is keen to buy off plan any more mainly due to the illegality problems recently highlighted but also as prices have come down, the stories agents told of buying off plan and selling on making a profit no longer exists, and hasnt done for a long time despite what you have been told!

Anyway, I digress, the contract can be sold on, but most who do are making a loss on their investment. Yes developers themselves arent selling either but that wont affect it

Any buyers of off plans I have had have agreed to take on the purchase but it is done at notary on completion date so they get a mortgage to cover the purchase as opposed toputting cash down months in advance.

If you want to give more info - by PM if you prefer, then I could possible help you further

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
13 Nov 2007 9:21 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

A proper question to that, it really needs the documentation  perusal of a legal person. I wouldn´t say in principle that you are not allwed to sell on unless it is expressly forbidden or legally limited in the contract.

It is true that the Treasure is now trying to tax those imtermidiate transmissions with the 7% ( Trasnfer tax) but that measure is also questionable, legally.

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
14 Nov 2007 12:03 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Yes we are finding this transfer tax a very grey area.

As the original buyer will have paid 7% iva of the contract, then there is a transfer tax payable by ????? and a purchase tax for the new purchaser also at 7%, a double tax situation - or so we have been told - can you clarify this one Maria please?

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Anyone live in La Romana? - 6 posts
furniture stores in and around Almoradi - 7 posts
Anyone knows about a Real Estate Portal to buy a House in Costa Calida, Spain? - 3 posts
Novocasa - 1 posts
Help required with adding new off-plan develoment please - 1 posts
Has anyone used Rightmove? - 3 posts
New Poster - needing some help please - 10 posts
Respite / Care for handicapped - 0 posts
A Cautionary tale..... - 11 posts
Recovering stolen property - 0 posts
LEST WE FORGET............... - 5 posts
Boat Berths---Costa Calida - 2 posts
polaris world hr phase2 resale - 2 posts
Belfast, Liverpool & Newcastle - Summer Flights with Easyjet Released - 2 posts
Cost of transferring money to an account in the same branch - 13 posts
Transferring money between accounts in the same bank - 0 posts
New user - almost ready to complete on Hacienda Riquelme - 2 posts
WORLD WIDE UNION JACK HAULAGE / DELIVERY - 3 posts
HACIENDA MARINA - 0 posts
Questions about NIE and taking car to Spain - 7 posts
Buying in Puerto Alto Estepona - 0 posts
new buyers in spain - 8 posts
Residencial Miramar UK TV - 0 posts
Al Andalus Verandah - 2 posts
El Alamillo anyone - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x