Visit Site

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
02 Nov 2007 12:00 AM by conrad Star rating in Milton Keynes and Dr.... 298 posts Send private message

conrad´s avatar
When I clicked on my favourites link fo the forum it came up with we have two different forums which one do you want to go to and then when I am in the general forums area everything has moved to the left

Like 0      
02 Nov 2007 10:18 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Hi conrad

Yes, we've changed a few things around.  Even though many people were used to the previous set up it was also confusing the hell our of new visitors.

Therefore, as the general forums are totally different to the development forums we have split them up.

You can go directly to either just by hovering over "Forums" in the top menu and selecting either the general forum or the development forums.

Hope that makes sense.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
02 Nov 2007 10:25 AM by conrad Star rating in Milton Keynes and Dr.... 298 posts Send private message

conrad´s avatar
Thats fine then Justin I do find though that the Forum home page with the list of categories on ot looked better with the adverts on the left just my opinion.

Like 0      
02 Nov 2007 10:34 AM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar
Personally, I found the previous format more "welcoming", although understand your reasoning, Justin.  Although now, the whole page seems a little "empty" when you enter each forum - especially the development forum as you STILL can't see the time and date of the last post on your development board!!

I must say it was a lot easier just to click on your chosen development or general forum link from one page, though, and not have to negotiate an extra couple of clicks before getting to your chosen development! 

But then, as you are well aware Justin, you never please all of us all of the time!

Like 0      
02 Nov 2007 12:26 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
Appreciate the feedback, thanks.

Jan, the changes are to enable us to make the necessary improvements to the whole system including the extra info of last posts on the development forums as you mentioned.  The development forums as far busier than the general forum and the thousands of people who use the development forums don't tend to venture much into the general forums, so we have to make the changes to take this into account.

I am sure it will all make sense in the end...I hope!

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
03 Nov 2007 7:51 AM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

The new buttons for search, last updated 20 messages, etc are good (would still bebeter if it fitted the whole page though). The whole page experience when browsing the forum is also good. Are you going to so the same with posting a message as this section is really small and cramped?

Mark

P.S. Would you believe it? when editing this message, the text box is a full screen, so it has been implemented in some places but not others.

This message was last edited by Marksfish on 11/3/2007.

Like 0      
03 Nov 2007 2:21 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar
Really getting used to the new layout now!  Like it - and we have the time and date of last post in the development forum too!

Great stuff, Justin!

Like 0      
03 Nov 2007 2:22 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar
Although, Justin - Ferrari??????  Dear, dear!!

Like 0      
03 Nov 2007 3:12 PM by leema Star rating in Washington Tyne & We.... 655 posts Send private message

I also think the new set up is great, well done Justin.

Maureen & Dennis

Coto Real

Like 0      
06 Nov 2007 4:34 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

The reply box is still very small  in IE 7 Justin,

Mark

Like 0      
07 Nov 2007 12:13 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Thanks Mark, that's fixed now.

Justin

Like 0      
09 Nov 2007 1:37 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

QUIZ FOR YOU - 7 posts
Resale Lagunagolf - 5 posts
la atalaya de garrucha - 1 posts
vetting of articles submitted to EOS - 1 posts
darts - 0 posts
met more - 5 posts
any news about properties by the sea being knocked down - 2 posts
Food wonderful but manager !!!!!!! - 4 posts
newbie - 4 posts
help Nie number - 0 posts
help Nie number - 6 posts
amba sun inspection trips again! - 11 posts
Inland Radio in English ? - 0 posts
Sterling account? - 5 posts
New Inland Andalucia Radio Station ACEFM 106.8 - 0 posts
hola, buenas tardes - 0 posts
inspection trips with amba sun international - 33 posts
Restaurants in Velez Malaga and Torre del Mar - 0 posts
help with this - 8 posts
help with this - 1 posts
Demolishing coastal homes - 3 posts
Shipping agent in Valencia? - 1 posts
Community Meetings - 7 posts
BMI BABY SUMMER 2008 - FLIGHTS RELEASED - 8 posts
Time for a grumble ....and a few home truths.... - 26 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 12

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x