Food wonderful but manager !!!!!!!

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
01 Nov 2007 12:00 AM by Nor Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Beckitt´s Restaurant Marbella

For the third time the table we had booked (weeks in advance) was not ready when we arrived.  We  were asked to wait in bar and barman was not pleased and suggested that  we should wait outside. We refused and asked to speak to manager.  When she arrived her attitude was confrontational. We were made to feel that it was our fault for arriving in time. She emphasised that 9.05 was way too early to arrive for a 9 o´clock appointment. Every other member of staff who attended to us  was friendly and professional, the food was delicious but the manager, she is a liability. Even the free drink and bottle of cava wouldn´t compensate for her attitude. We wont be back.

This message was last edited by Nor on 11/1/2007.

This message was last edited by Nor on 11/1/2007.

Like 0      
01 Nov 2007 7:53 AM by leema Star rating in Washington Tyne & We.... 655 posts Send private message

You didn't say where it was????

Maureen & Dennis

Coto Real

Like 0      
01 Nov 2007 11:13 AM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Gotta say that I have been there many many times in the last three years - never ever had bad service or a bad meal - on the contrary we have always been well attended and on the occasion where we had a corked bottle of wine it was immediately replaced without question and we werent charged for the bottle that replaced it. It is probably my favourite restaurant in Marbella and only good things to say about it. It is a very popular restaurant and all I can say is that you must have caught them on an off night - usually it is a manager (male) there and he is very good so perhaps they had a "locum" in. The owner is an Irish lady with long dark hair so perhaps it was her that dealt with you - one would have liked to think her customer care skills were a little better if it was her. 

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
24 Nov 2007 8:23 PM by Cioffi1 Star rating in London & Calahonda . 216 posts Send private message

Cioffi1´s avatar

We went to this restaurant during our last visit ( I thought if it's good enough for Smiley and Inez then it must be GREAT!)  We had great food and OK service - maybe you caught the host/duty manager on a bad day - not acceptable but it happens, we're all human (can you tell that this is the trade I'm in!!!)

Like 0      
26 Nov 2007 10:29 AM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
We went on Friday night to Beckitts. It was not intentional originally - had gone into Marbella for an impromptu dinner but specifically one of our teenage crew wanted spare ribs and we wanted something very very informal - we intended going to the Blue Palm on the Paseo (which incidentally is a great place to have a snack or sunday lunch or just a drink - very friendly. Anyway we got to Marbella and they had shut for the night as it was relatively quiet - walked along to Garum as they do ribs only to find a private party in full swing and we couldnt crash it - bouncer too big for me to handle - so Beckitts it was - I phoned and asked if they had a table for four available - the Irish colleen answered the phone and told us if we were ok to wait 20 to 30 minutes we could have a table but have a drink at the bar first - with 2 starving teenagers in tow we asked if they would be able to do us a couple of snacks at the bar no problem was the response - we arrived about three minutes later - sat at the bar and in fact were shown to our table within 5 minutes - we didnt boithe rwith the snacks but they brought us some soda bread and butter almost immediately to fend off the starvation for the kids - service for the rest of the meal I would say was relaxed - we werent in a particular hurry but they were conscious of the starvation problem and apologised for us having to wait for our main meals but then they were not expecting us and they squeezed us in at a minutes notice - 10 out of 10!!! Food was perfect as always!!! 

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

newbie - 4 posts
help Nie number - 0 posts
help Nie number - 6 posts
amba sun inspection trips again! - 11 posts
Inland Radio in English ? - 0 posts
Sterling account? - 5 posts
New Inland Andalucia Radio Station ACEFM 106.8 - 0 posts
hola, buenas tardes - 0 posts
inspection trips with amba sun international - 33 posts
Restaurants in Velez Malaga and Torre del Mar - 0 posts
help with this - 8 posts
help with this - 1 posts
Demolishing coastal homes - 3 posts
Shipping agent in Valencia? - 1 posts
Community Meetings - 7 posts
BMI BABY SUMMER 2008 - FLIGHTS RELEASED - 8 posts
Time for a grumble ....and a few home truths.... - 26 posts
Newbie here!! - 4 posts
SECOND HAND FURNITURE - 1 posts
second hand furniture - 8 posts
Thinking of buying in Terrazas de Almerimar - 2 posts
i want to sell - 4 posts
Santa Pola - 5 posts
Smoke Alarms in Rental Properties - 7 posts
Ordering, Collection & Delivery Service? - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x