Developer fees

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
03 Jan 2007 12:00 AM by gillrd Star rating in Putney. 33 posts Send private message

Is it common to be charged a fee if you do not complete on your property. I have already put a deposit of 30% down and do not have the funds to complete - is that not enough?

Like 0      
03 Jan 2007 4:08 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

I think that when you agree to buy, you enter into a contract whereby the builder will stipulate what has to be paid and when. If you do not meet these dates, the builder can impose a fine.

When we were buying, we ordered a spiral staircase as an extra and this had to be paid by a set time. We didn't meet the target date and consequently, did not get the spiral.

Even though there was still time enough to install it, we had let the builder down on the payment date and he wasn't happy!

Check with your solicitor, but I don't think you will be getting good news.

Sorry,

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
03 Jan 2007 8:12 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar

Fibbys right Gill check with your lawyer - there might be something in the contract (they are all different) that means you either lose your 30% or you might have an escape clause that refunds some of the deposit but really depends on the lawyer used and how canny he has been. Also depends on whether the developer has fulfilled his end of the contract in the eyes of the law in the development being completed on time etc.

It is too general a question to be answered in this forum without knowing specifics.

Rgds

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
09 Jan 2007 12:35 AM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar
Personally, I would've thought you will just forfeit any monies you've paid. 30% is a lot & I would think that would be that but my opinion hardly counts, you have to speak with your solicitor not us.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Spanish Retreat Security, Reduce crime! - 0 posts
Security in the Costa Blanca area - 4 posts
Benahavis - 0 posts
Happy New Year to Justin & The Team & all the Forum Members! - 1 posts
Monte Selwo Up-date - 7 posts
Architects/Project managers/Builders - 4 posts
Contracts - 3 posts
Banks or Bandits - 6 posts
When you cant complet - 8 posts
MRI experiences please - 5 posts
Air Conditioning Best Buy - 3 posts
HiFX problems, delays transferring money - 56 posts
New messages on El Rincon Costa Blanca Development Forum - 0 posts
Have you visited Malaga yet? - 4 posts
spanish bank charges - 24 posts
Telefonica & Broadband - 7 posts
NEW LOW COST AIRLINE TO ALMERIA - 20 posts
Sorry another question - 0 posts
Pets in apartments - 5 posts
HELP NEEDED URGENTLY - 20 posts
Making a Will - 3 posts
Property owners at Roda - 4 posts
La Recoleta - 2 posts
FibbyUk's document - Paying taxes in Spain (Non Residents) - 18 posts
Merry Christmas Everyone!!! - 11 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x