Spanish Will

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
17 Mar 2023 5:38 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Before the B deal that happened a few years ago,my wife and I had previously had a will made up by our solicitor, to take into account UK inheritance rules. Have things changed now, can we still rely on that will or was it a waste of money? I could ask my solicitor, but as they are in Aguilas and I am in the UK, I struggle to get a reply from them in a timely fashion. Not after a 100% definitive answer, unless Maria comments, but a general idea would be handy.

Thanks

Like 0      
17 Mar 2023 6:21 PM by eos_ian Star rating in Valencia. 506 posts Send private message

eos_ian´s avatar

Hi Mark,  your Spanish will should be fine if it was written up by a professional. Nothing has changed with respect to Brexit and Spanish inheritance law. The last big change in inheritance law was back in 2015 to my knowledge. If you have a Spanish will and it was notarised and registered you have nothing to worry about. Was it registered in the Registro General de Actos de Ultima Voluntad? 

Ian :   EOS TEAM MEMBER 

www.eyeonspain.com/blogs/ianandspain.aspx

Like 0      
18 Mar 2023 1:40 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Thanks Ian. I am presuming so as we had to attend the notary in Aguilas to formalise it. Just getting ready to change the UK one, so was checking any changes.

Cheers

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Golden visas and UK driving licence - 24 posts
water pipe - 1 posts
Mijas Costa - Administrator with excelent property management skills required - 1 posts
Recommendations for community chimney survey and sweep - 0 posts
Spanish Banks??!! - 4 posts
visa - 1 posts
Why is my TV in Spanish? - 4 posts
moving to spain - 13 posts
Мacaciones en mallorca - 3 posts
mercadona orange juice machines - 2 posts
End of Hits Mobile - 0 posts
MS driving in Spain - 6 posts
3% retention tax rules - 8 posts
Structural Issue - 1 posts
Cachorros de caniche disponibles para adopción gratuita - 0 posts
diagnosing oven fault - 1 posts
How do I upload photos to sell my property? - 3 posts
Court action against decision at AGM - 4 posts
Spam - 8 posts
airport transfer to hotel - 3 posts
Taking a dog to Europe for 2 days - 1 posts
New Won cases 2022 by CostaLuz Lawyers - 0 posts
New Car Warranty….rights - 7 posts
Spain to apply to the EU for the abolition of the 90 / 180 rule for British citizens - 43 posts
Legal - 7 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x