diagnosing oven fault

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
03 Dec 2022 7:33 PM by Redrockers Star rating in L'Ametlla de Mar. 1 posts Send private message

Hi all,

We've inherited a house here very close to the coast here in L'Ametlla de Mar which we're looking to sell once we've got all the paperwork and services straight.

We got started with Iberdrola with the basic/lowest electric plan.
The house was rewired in 2004 when this kitchen and oven were fitted and the fuse box was all professionally installed.
When I use the oven (either with or without the fan) and am not using any other electrical devices in the property (fridge off aswell) then after several minutes a 40A circuit breaker fuse in the fusebox trips. The cooker has it's own double fuse but this doesn't trip.
When I run only the washing machine and the water heater and the fridge (I'm trying to deliberately overload my supply) then the trip on the meter box outside trips. Nothing inside in the fuse box trips. All these items work fine on their own.
Therefore I'm assuming that the oven is not over loading my supply but that there's a fault with the oven as it's tripping the wrong fuse for a load issue.
Does that make sense?
We would only occassionaly use the oven anyway so I don't want to pay to upgrade the supply if the fault is with the oven.

Thanks in advance,

Richard

Like 0      
03 Dec 2022 9:07 PM by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1222 posts Send private message

If you have a 40A fuse in your box then you are contracted for 9.2Kw which is more than ample to run all the household goods. Most have 5.75Kw fitted nowadays and 25A with no problem. We can run the oven and most other things at the same time with our 5.75. A domestic electric oven should use around 1.5Kw but no more than 3.5Kw even if you have one of these fancy double ones with a few add ons. 

I would suggest you have a fault with the oven wiring so should get an electrician to look at it. Certainly don't need upping your contracted power as you have more than sufficient. 

Like 1      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

How do I upload photos to sell my property? - 3 posts
Court action against decision at AGM - 4 posts
Spam - 8 posts
airport transfer to hotel - 3 posts
Taking a dog to Europe for 2 days - 1 posts
New Won cases 2022 by CostaLuz Lawyers - 0 posts
New Car Warranty….rights - 7 posts
Spain to apply to the EU for the abolition of the 90 / 180 rule for British citizens - 43 posts
Legal - 7 posts
Working in Spain after retiring? - 3 posts
Recommend me an inflatable hot tub - 5 posts
Form 210 - 0 posts
Post Apartment Fire - Technical Report person - 1 posts
Covid entry restrictions lifted - 9 posts
New Rules on Plus Valia - 4 posts
Night Vision Binoculars. - 2 posts
7 Important Changes to Long-Term Visas in Spain - 0 posts
No More Wealth Tax in Andalucia From 2023 - 12 posts
Lower Income Tax in Andalucía 2022 - 2 posts
CostsLuz´s clients victories in 2022- Congrats! - 1 posts
gold plating - 3 posts
Off plan purchases and Consumer Law - 0 posts
Greetings to everyone - 0 posts
is hungary in EU - 2 posts
Is it okay to use Sous Vide machine for cooking? - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 2

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x