Spain Tax office

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
05 Jun 2022 9:15 AM by SarahKw7 Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Hi

I know Spanish tax office can go back 4 years, if they dont claim taxes in that period its kind of forgiven I guess. Does this period starts from the moment their tax notice is received or how it works?

I just recently learned that I was suppose to pay some tax on property even though I never rented in out....

thanks

Like 0      
05 Jun 2022 5:05 PM by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1222 posts Send private message

It goes back four years from the tax year they are in. Now tax year is 2021 so they can claim taxes back to the year 2018 (they can ask for the tax due in 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021).

I assume that you haven't been paying non resident imputed income tax which is payable by non residents when you don't rent your property out. That tax for this year will be due before the end of December this year. 

Like 1      
05 Jun 2022 8:00 PM by Kavanagh Star rating in Oil Drum Lane Newcas.... 1316 posts Send private message

Kavanagh´s avatar

Mariedav, does the Spanish Tax Office actually know if a non resident owns a Spanish property? Or is it a case of the non resident informing them? I know quite a few non resident property owners that display the blank look whenever the subject is raised. 

Like 0      
05 Jun 2022 9:04 PM by SarahKw7 Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Thabk you for your reply, does tax office has to notify me though? or they cab start proceedings, like applying penalties ect behind my back and just trying to get that from my Spanish bank account woithout me even knowing it and having chance to object in case the sum is higher then its should be?

Like 0      
06 Jun 2022 2:58 PM by acer Star rating. 1529 posts Send private message

The onus is on you to take action - there is a penalty, but it's not usually too excessive.  You may find that selling will be difficult, pehaps impossible, if you're not paid-up.

Like 0      
06 Jun 2022 4:38 PM by Kavanagh Star rating in Oil Drum Lane Newcas.... 1316 posts Send private message

Kavanagh´s avatar

Thanks acer.

So if you keep your mouth shut maybe nothing and if you get caught out, worst case scenario only pay last 4 years with a slap on the hand, even if you have owned the property for 20 years.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

If you only spend 3 Months in Spain every Year.... Don't Buy....Rent - 21 posts
Going in Madrid for 3 months - 0 posts
2022 Specialized Turbo Kenevo SL Expert - 0 posts
Removing Enclosed Terrace & removing Polystyrene Ceiling tiles - 2 posts
NIE question - 2 posts
Crossing the Spanish border from France - Unvaccinated UK resident - 3 posts
Selling house - 0 posts
Traveling by road to UK from Murcia - 0 posts
Solicitor for NLV in England - 3 posts
Costaluz Lawyers Won cases in 2022 - 0 posts
Tenants who won't leave - 2 posts
Uploading photos to EOS - 5 posts
Driving in Spain - 0 posts
Saga of dealing with AEAT and witholding tax refunds living in UK - 0 posts
Insurance claim for Fire in Apartment - 3 posts
Key Safe - 8 posts
Enquiries - 1 posts
Sea Crossing to Spain - 1 posts
Bichon Frise for sale - 0 posts
Spanish taxes and British taxes - 5 posts
Receiving proceeds of a sale - 1 posts
Selling in Spain - 1 posts
Recent airport experiences - 4 posts
International AVAAZ petition - 35 posts
Wanted Estepona Centro Apartment for 6 months from October 2022 - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x