Engineer that sets up security system

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
13 Jul 2021 10:59 AM by vicban05 Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

My family just bought a small local hotel here and we want to have the hotel redecorated. At the same time, we plan on replacing the security system with a new one ( the old one was too simple which made it almost useless.) Unfortunately, none of our family members has experience in setting up security systems for a business, especially in a foreign country. I think we should arrange an engineer position to organize the whole thing so we don't need to worry about it. I would like to know if there is such job position here and the price range. Thank you so much!

Like 0      
13 Jul 2021 5:52 PM by Kavanagh Star rating in Oil Drum Lane Newcas.... 1315 posts Send private message

Kavanagh´s avatar

Why do you need a security system? Will it be to stop guests stealing the towels, because CCTV cannot see inside a suitcase?

Like 0      
20 Jul 2021 1:44 PM by cindy19851111 Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hi, I work for an integration company and have been reselling Axis, Milestone and SkyREC for years. Most hotels use a third-party installer, and possibly even an off-site monitoring company. Others may use the same company that does their fire alarms. And if you want to hire an employee to handle it, I think someone with a security background should not be hard to find in the market. You can also consider hiring a company to pull the majority of the cables to each of the locations, and let your employees come along to do the actual connections.

Like 0      
20 Jul 2021 4:40 PM by Kavanagh Star rating in Oil Drum Lane Newcas.... 1315 posts Send private message

Kavanagh´s avatar

Perhaps CCTV systems are just a fashion item now and no longer serve any useful purpose in many cases. We now live in a mainly cashless society with people using plastic to even purchase a pint of lager and a packet of crisps. Long gone are the days of the masked bank robber. Most you will get when breaking into any retail premises is a wad of MasterCard receipts and 5 bob in cash. I can understand a high class jewellers having CCTV as a deterrent but normal retailers have become confused by trying to catch someone pinching a Mars Bar and at the same time introducing self checkout.

The best a criminal will get from a hotel is the 65inch TV screwed to the wall in the reception area and he may find it difficult to run down the road with that under his arm.

If you still want a deterrent just put up a few dummy cameras at a fraction of the cost of a CCTV system.

Did you read the story that burglars broke into Ratners Jewellers and stole the carpet?

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Data collecting with AI - 2 posts
A good optician needed - 0 posts
Alarm and cctv system regulation - 3 posts
Should I reuse/ resell my baby camera? - 8 posts
The Flood Gates are Opening... - 0 posts
Does your occupation matter when it comes to dating? - 12 posts
Comparison of new versus previous electricity rates - 13 posts
Advice wanted Inflatable Hot Tub Costa del Sol Nerja/Malaga region - 1 posts
Green A4 Certificate to TIE - 6 posts
travel between Spain and Portugal - 5 posts
Change of name in Spain - 2 posts
Santa Ana - 0 posts
Change of buying party and extension to timetable - what are a seller’s rights? - 6 posts
Cost of living. 2021 - 58 posts
Buying in condado de alhama - 3 posts
Timing Application for Permanent Residence - 1 posts
My Spanish Story - 0 posts
Gone in 30 minuets, car taken by police - 28 posts
Rustic property in La Marina village, Alicante - 6 posts
Vaping in Spain - 4 posts
All won cases by Costaluz Lawyers so far in 2021 - 5 posts
internet connection speed ?. - 1 posts
Where in Valencia? - 12 posts
Well done NHS, again - 2 posts
car parts - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x