Property Finders - worth the money?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
18 Jan 2021 9:01 PM by superd Star rating. 14 posts Send private message

Hi all,

Im considering purchasing an apartment in Spain, due to my remote working situation. 

At this point i have no idea where to even start, or what resorts / locations would suit my needs. 

Has anyone any thoughts / recommendations on using a property finder company to locate suitable properties on your behalf? I can see one costs around 600€, which if they do their job correctly, you would expect is a vert wise investment, but im not sure of the standard of a lot of these operations.

Has anyone any thoughts? Or used a property finder they can recommend?

Cheers,

Dave

This message was last edited by superd on 18/01/2021.

Like 0      
20 Jan 2021 1:09 AM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

Using a property finding service ..is usually for high end properties ..if you are looking at run of the mill  type Villas & apartments ..then just do what everyone else does  Browse the internet and leave your details at estate agents ..all the estate agents especially in Spain network together.

Like 3      
20 Jan 2021 11:41 AM by superd Star rating. 14 posts Send private message

Ok, thanks for your feedback :)

Like 0      
20 Jan 2021 12:16 PM by acer Star rating. 1528 posts Send private message

Dave, not sure your plan makes any sense. 

You must be in a position to give your professional advisor some meaningful parameters, particularly the location.  At the very least you must undertake some research yourself to be sure of the region that suits you.  But better still the actual town or urbanisation you fancy.

Otherwise, in practical terms how can you compare the results? - you're unlikely to want to visit each one - Spain is a big place and the price differences are massive, even within regions.

You may be better off looking at some TV programmes like episodes of "Homes in the Sun" to start the process, before you make some trips yourself.   In reality employing an Advisor is probably several years off - when you begin to have a handle on what you think you want. 

Like 1      
22 Jan 2021 7:01 PM by superd Star rating. 14 posts Send private message

Thanks all, i suppose im looking to avoid the ground work, and just pay someone to provide suitable options. Buying / choosing a property in a country you know nothing about seems a daunting task... but thanks again :) 

Like 0      
29 Jan 2021 3:40 AM by Virtual Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

** Advertising- Against forum rules **

This message was last edited by eos_moderators on 1/29/2021 8:48:00 AM.

Like 0      
29 Jan 2021 5:38 PM by Uppre2000 Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

As other posters have already said, leave your details with agents, register your interest and scouer the internet Good luck with the search, it sounds like you're in a fantastic position as a remote worker. 

Like 0      
04 Feb 2021 10:24 AM by chibi1994 Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

** EDITED - Against forum rules **

This message was last edited by eos_moderators on 2/4/2021 12:26:00 PM.

Like 0      
07 Feb 2021 8:38 PM by Fhanrah Star rating. 44 posts Send private message

You have so many questions, with little answers. I would  pick about 5 different locationsup and down Spain and rent for a few  months at each location. See whats important for you, what lifestyle you want and what keeps the hearth ticking. It should help make your search easier

Like 0      
08 Feb 2021 4:25 PM by RIVIERAESTATES Star rating. 14 posts Send private message

Seems a bit strange your asking these questions when you posted the following all those years ago 

24 Jun 2010 10:58:

hi guys.. thanks again for all the great feedback here

i never went ahead with the purchase of this property, as i wasnt entirley moved by the develpment as a whole, and more so the apartment itself.

the area itself was really impressive so may be back soon looking for some advise on alternatives

cheers

dave

Thread:  Advise on property purchase in duquesa 

--------------------------------------
08 Apr 2010 19:55:

Thanks to all for your advise here.. very helpful and much appreciated ;)

Thread:  Advise on property purchase in duquesa 

--------------------------------------

This message was last edited by RIVIERAESTATES on 08/02/2021.

This message was last edited by RIVIERAESTATES on 08/02/2021.

Like 0      
08 Feb 2021 6:03 PM by superd Star rating. 14 posts Send private message

what exactly do you find "strange"?

Like 0      
09 Feb 2021 8:36 AM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

Personally I found it quite exciting when I was looking for a property.. with discovering new areas and so forth ...I bought my first Villa 15 year back on Camposol it didn't take us long to work out that we had bought a very large detached Villa with a pool that was just to big for our needs ..so we sold it 3 years back ..and bought a 2 bed quad Villa on a gated community that had gardens and a community pool in Los  Balcones Costa Blanca...so think twice and part with your money once as the buying and selling process in Spain for some reason or another is extremely expensive .

Like 2      
09 Feb 2021 11:34 AM by acer Star rating. 1528 posts Send private message

Believe it or not I still have the marketing stuff sent to me on Camposol almost 20 years ago, but I decided against buying there.  A few years later they built the main road right through the place, so I'm particularly glad I didn't!

But this is a good example of why this request from Superd is not clever.  The pics in the glossy brochure look fabulous, but Camposol is a decidely marmite kind of place - paying fees to a Property finder is likely to be a waste of money.  There is no substitute for doing the job yourself.

Like 3      
09 Feb 2021 1:33 PM by GuyT Star rating. 511 posts Send private message

I ought to be doing something constructive, according to the reader over my shoulder...but it's been bucketing rain here in La Vera, Caceres....for the last couple of weeks.

@superd.....in a friendly way, I also find your enquiry "strange" in the light of your asking about Spanish property eleven years ago.....yet recently writing "Buying / choosing a property in a country you know nothing about seems a daunting task."

That's the strange bit....being interested in buying in Spain for at least eleven years that we know of, yet saying you still know nothing about Spain.....

Anyay, I wish you the very best of luck in running to ground a property that makes you happy. But you might have to make more effort, lol. As my schoolteachers used to write on my reports "Could Try Harder". Again, good luck.

Like 1      
09 Feb 2021 2:32 PM by RIVIERAESTATES Star rating. 14 posts Send private message

Guy T

I have been a member for some years like you Windtalker,Acer etc and if you remember back in the day the site was very active with good healthy content ,genuine buyers owners and some service providers etc then in the last few years the posts became more like how should I say tyre kickers and Phishers that's why I got a bit put off to be honest and stayed away.

I just thought it odd that someone would be asking a property finder to source a property especially after all the scams bad press ,dodgy agents ,solicitors builders,jack the lads etc.

Perhaps superd is genuine but 11yrs is a long time to want something and still be no nearer to acquiring it however I do understand fir some folk just the wanting is more pleasure than the owning.

Anyway I think a lot of second home owners are thinking will we ever get out again to enjoy Spain and all its wonderful charm I know I am.

Stay safe and well 

R

Like 3      
09 Feb 2021 2:40 PM by superd Star rating. 14 posts Send private message

That was a one off opportunity to purchase through a friend, no other research was carried out other than a visit to view that property - 11 years ago.

Since then, given remote working shift, this is the first time ive re-considered purchasing in Spain, and I havnt been to Malaga area since. Moreover Port Duqueza is probably slightly far from Malaga airport. 

Currently without proper / any knowldge of Malaga surrounding towns, my scope is wide. I was just hoping to narrow the scope somewhat, and curios on peoples experiences with property finders.

So personally I dont find the post that "strange" :(

Thanks all, for the less critical feedback ;)

Like 0      
09 Feb 2021 4:53 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Just being a bit nosey, and fully appreciate you may not want to answer - but are you British? And are you thinking of staying more than 3 months in any 6 month period? I'm curious, because a family member (in the UK) just asked me what type of visa he will need if we wants to spend more than 3 months at his apartment in Benidorm. As far as I know, there is no such visa for tourists. On the other hand, another family member (also UK resident) owns a property in the Canaries, and before Dec 31st applied for residency, so that they can work remotely for periods of time if they decide to. Is this something other non-resident property owners have done?

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 1      
09 Feb 2021 5:38 PM by acer Star rating. 1528 posts Send private message

Roberto, I noted a comment by one the Spanish politicians a while ago saying that you (meaning non-resident ex-pats) will be able to apply for a visa if the Schengen restrictions are an issue.  But not heard any more since. 

There is the "Golden visa" currently in Spain that requires a €500,000 investment so no use to most, but perhaps they might bring the limit down?  Perhaps that's wishful thinking?!  But nothing to hang your hat on currently.

Like 0      
09 Feb 2021 9:44 PM by superd Star rating. 14 posts Send private message

Thanks Roberto, Im irish, Im assuming with Brexit etc.. the same does not apply!?

Like 0      
09 Feb 2021 10:00 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Lucky you! Ignore my questions then.

Good luck with your future plans.

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

What is going on now in general in Spain? - 4 posts
bank charge for money transfer - 45 posts
90 days - 6 posts
'New' tax on income from property. - 21 posts
toy poodle puppies - 2 posts
Volunteer work - 4 posts
CGT - 0 posts
WINTER RENTAL SPAIN - 6 posts
Early termination of long term lease - 4 posts
Non residents tax being rejected by bank - 3 posts
Utilities - 1 posts
GREAT NEWS - 0 posts
NEED TO CLOSE SANTANDER ACCOUNT FROM ABROAD - 1 posts
EHIC cards - 21 posts
Feliz navidad - 0 posts
Irish passport - 29 posts
Key holding licence in Spain - 3 posts
Gibraltar/La Linea Border - 1 posts
Residencia, tax returns and not in country 183 days - 6 posts
Organised Mortgage Fraud and Caixabank threatening legal action despite knowing this! - 10 posts
Query re latest Supreme Court ruling on IRPH mortgage clauses and the impact on know of ECJ rulings - 1 posts
Do homemade DVD's work in Spain? - 1 posts
advice needed on builder asking for 50% upfront fee prior to starting work - 13 posts
Alternative to Negative PCR Testing before arriving in Spain by Sea or Air - 0 posts
Registering for healthcare in Spain - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 21

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x