Advice appreciated

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
31 Oct 2020 10:21 AM by Wiggins Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Hello,  I am new to this site and wondered if anywone could offer advice?

We would like to buy a house in Northern Spain either Galicia or Asturias and have been looking a renovating an older property.

So could anyone advise average cost of installling oil fired central heating in a 150m2 3 bed property?  I know that its a bit of a how long is a piece of string question but having some idea of costings will help before we commit to a renovation project.

The house will require other work of course but I am aware that without heating the winter in Northern Spain would be difficult to say the least.

Many thanks for your advice.

This message was last edited by Wiggins on 31/10/2020.

Like 0      
31 Oct 2020 7:44 PM by GuyT Star rating. 511 posts Send private message

I have done a few newbuilds and renovations in Spain (and UK). Renovations cost far more than newbuilds....and with renovations you always have to make do with the limitations of the building you are renovating....while with newbuilds, once having found your plot...you have a blank canvas. eg, we renovated a small 100 sq m agricultural building...just digging out the earthen floor, laying foundation and tiling it cost around €15k ...same story replacing ancient roof, etc, etc...ended up spending €80k on tarting up a small casita....whereas we could have build a far better new one to our own spec for €50k. If you can buy a ruin on a good plot cheaply..close to or in a town...then tear it down and start from scratch.

Like 1      
31 Oct 2020 11:25 PM by Wiggins Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Thank you for this GuyT.  It is good to get a perspective from someone who has actuallly undertaken a similar task.  It has certainlly made me look at a renovation project in a different light.  I think we willl have a look a t building plots as an alternative.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

How to contact Maria de Castro - 7 posts
After Fifteen and a Half Years, Only Three Days to a Final Hearing! - 2 posts
Sold my property - 10 posts
UK DWP LETTER APOSTILLE - 9 posts
selling property - 3 posts
HELP WITH RESIDENCY - 2 posts
Spanish resident since August 2020 - 1 posts
Community Debts - 14 posts
Air Conditioning Meter for Sale. - 0 posts
TIE - 16 posts
Mojacar Magazine - 0 posts
Why Can’t I Use My UK mobile with my Spanish Santander Bank Accout - 6 posts
Shared bank account - 3 posts
Santander 123 Zero Charges - 4 posts
burger king fuengirola - 2 posts
Quarantine Rules in the uk - 4 posts
Gift tax (Andalucia) - 2 posts
IBI tax 2020 - 4 posts
Good House White Wine to buy for casual drinking and dinning - 2 posts
Divorce - 4 posts
Tax withholding without NIE - 5 posts
Deadline for off plan claims IS NOT OCTOBER BUT DECEMBER - 0 posts
Tax cost - 4 posts
la palma island - 2 posts
Is it safe to go to Spain....... - 5 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x