COVID 19 Testing

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
19 Aug 2020 2:18 PM by Kavanagh Star rating in Oil Drum Lane Newcas.... 1315 posts Send private message

Kavanagh´s avatar

It seems testing on arrival at UK ports may be introduced. Why is testing prior to departure not done by all countries and a certified certificate issued? No certificate no boarding. Seems a bit back to front, let the virus in first and then try and identify it and deal with it.

Like 0      
19 Aug 2020 3:31 PM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

Perhaps countries don't want to test you before you depart at their ports because should you test positive then surely they should not let you leave because of affecting a ship load of passengers, but that alone then means that country might have to take care of you, hospital, containment, and the such like. This will be interesting because my son is on his way back from Germany on Thursday to Calais, he had to leave Holland when they locked that down, drive back to Germany, then drive to Calais port, non stop, no stopping to pick up fuel, no stopping for anything, to get back to Dover. Forgot to add that doing it this way he does not have to quarantine for 14 days in the UK.
This message was last edited by baz1946 on 19/08/2020.

Like 2      
19 Aug 2020 3:55 PM by Kavanagh Star rating in Oil Drum Lane Newcas.... 1315 posts Send private message

Kavanagh´s avatar

I tend to agree with you Baz, it’s a case of pass the parcel I’m alright Jack. Perhaps BREXIT will allow the UK to demand a certificate on arrival, but have they got the bottle? Might mean rufferling some feathers and a cut back in invites to EU country din dins.

Like 0      
19 Aug 2020 8:21 PM by acer Star rating. 1528 posts Send private message

An interesting scenario Baz1946.  But the basic idea makes some sense, it's been mooted a few times.  Are the authorities really going to put self interest first?   Is there a possibility of a protocol agreed between countries that the individual affected does not fly (obviously) but has his treatment costs paid by country of which he belongs.

Is this practical in Europe?  There has to be some way forward.

Like 0      
21 Aug 2020 9:57 AM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

from Germany, he did fill in all the forms from the UK government web site just in case, if he came back on the ferry as booked he would have to self isolate 14 days, so he drove to the Tunnel Train terminal, bought a ticket for the train, sat at the terminal for about 1 hour, spoke with a French Officer who only asked where he came from, and was more interested in telling my son that 'Your Boris is a mess' asked nothing else, loaded on the train, back into the UK, was not stopped or asked about where he came from, nothing, when landed in the UK, ferry company gave him his return fair cost back.
s

Like 0      
21 Aug 2020 10:04 AM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

Son now back from Germany, he had filled in all the forms from the UK government web site just in case, if he came back on the ferry as booked he would have to self isolate 14 days, so he went to the Tunnel Train terminal, bought a ticket for the train, sat at the terminal for about 1 hour, got out of his vehicle and spoke with a French Officer who only asked where he came from, more interested in telling my son that 'Your Boris has made a mess' never asked anything else, loaded on the train, back into the UK, was not stopped, or asked about where he came from, nothing, when landed in the UK, ferry company gave him his return fair cost back.......Sorry it done this twice??
This message was last edited by baz1946 on 21/08/2020.

Like 1      
21 Aug 2020 4:18 PM by Kavanagh Star rating in Oil Drum Lane Newcas.... 1315 posts Send private message

Kavanagh´s avatar

Is the UK self quarantine/isolate enforced somehow or based on trust. Do UK holiday makers need to make emergency returns at their own costs from Croatia, Austria and Trinidad and Tobago by tonight?

Like 0      
12 Apr 2022 2:02 PM by Zhizhastok Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

There are a lot of rules for different countries, and there is no standard when it comes to traveling during covid times. 

Like 0      
20 Apr 2022 5:05 PM by amogles Star rating in El Campello (holiday.... 174 posts Send private message

Last time I was tested the lady in the clinic didn't want to see my ID because she "believed me" that that was my real name.

I can see lots of space for abusing the system here. The value of tests is thus diminished.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Declaring gift to Spanish Authorities - 4 posts
Understand the situation, please reply if you know - 2 posts
What Legal Rights Does The Mother Of My Son’s Child Have? (Spanish rights) - 4 posts
2nd PODCAST DISCUSSION WITH MARIA - 2020 deadline for claims against Banks in off-plan purchases, illegal houses... - 0 posts
1st PODCAST DISCUSSION WITH MARIA : Is NOW a good time to buy? - 0 posts
Punta Prima Commercial Centre - 0 posts
Problem with Telefonica Fija (landline) Phone Incoming Calls last only 3 rings - 2 posts
Question over using a UK bank to take a mortgage on the purchase of a Spanish property ... - 10 posts
Duquesa Village - 0 posts
Wanted: 7-10 day Non-simultaneous holiday home swap in August. - 0 posts
Thank You to Costaluz Lawyers. - 1 posts
Fees to be paid - 1 posts
Job offer but struggling with TIE - 5 posts
La Tercia or Corvera Golf holiday property - 29 posts
Bank transfer from Spain to U.K. - 2 posts
Things that will affect resident brits after 31st Dec 2020 - 50 posts
Padron - 6 posts
Two new European Court Decissions on Abusive Clauses in Spanish Mortgages - 0 posts
Padron - 1 posts
Community AGM - 6 posts
New resident - 2 posts
Mojacar Magazine - 0 posts
Tax on UK property rental - 1 posts
Missing 3% retention refund from the tax office - 4 posts
Looking for advice for buying holiday home in spain - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 9

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x