Do you need to speak Spanish when taking your car for an ITV

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
22 May 2020 12:58 PM by elraso Star rating. 39 posts Send private message

A friend of mine went to an ITV station on the Crevilente road in Torrevieja, paid for his ITV had all the correct paperwork .

The examiner asked him for the paperwork and asked if he spoke Spanish,when he said he was sorry he didnt,the examiner threw his arms up told him there would be no test and made him reverse out and then he had to go to the office to get a refund.  i have always gone to Redovan for my itv over the last fourteen years and although my Spanish is ok,there were times when it was "Solo poco" in a big way.and apart from sitting in the car to check lights and indicators and brake lights ,i have always been made to wait at the seating area at the end of the station.With this in mind i cant imagine how little communication was needed,certainly Fluency in Spanish was not one of them.

has any of the forum memembers had any experiences of this at  an ITV staion in Spain

Like 0      
22 May 2020 2:33 PM by newworld Star rating. 942 posts Send private message

Have a ride down the coast and try this one , I have never had a problem ITV Test Centers in San Pedro del Pinatar

Like 0      
22 May 2020 2:38 PM by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1222 posts Send private message

You may have sat at the seating area before. Now, because of the CV thing, you have to sit in the car and the  inspector is not allowed to enter the car. When my neighbour went last year, the same thing. Wait out here and the inspector did virtually everything and just had my neighour putting the brakes on to check the lights and revving up for the emission test.

Now, you have to sit in the car and do everything, the guy doing the examining can't get in the  car and do the things he used to.

Of course, it's by appointment only now and another of my neighbours just had his due and turned up in a queue only to be told to go away and come back on the  5th June when they made an appointment for him. 

Like 0      
22 May 2020 5:20 PM by Kavanagh Star rating in Oil Drum Lane Newcas.... 1316 posts Send private message

Kavanagh´s avatar

** EDITED - Against forum rules- Inciting **

This message was last edited by eos_moderators on 5/24/2020 10:02:00 AM.

Like 0      
22 May 2020 5:52 PM by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1222 posts Send private message

new world

Have a ride down the coast and try this one , I have never had a problem ITV Test Centers in San Pedro del Pinatar

Isn't San Pedro del Pinatar in Murcia province? Therefore, not allowed to cross over provinces in Phase 1.

Plus, it used to be the emissions test was not the same so you had to have an extra one done in Alicante province anyway.

Like 0      
22 May 2020 7:09 PM by elraso Star rating. 39 posts Send private message

In reply to Kavanagh.

I could not agree with you more, but if you take another look at my post,you will see that i said that my Spanish fourteen years ago was "solo poco" That was then ,now after many years and many lessons, my Spanish is more than adequate,

"lamento no haber aclarado ese punto"

This message was last edited by elraso on 22/05/2020.

Like 0      
23 May 2020 3:49 PM by Kavanagh Star rating in Oil Drum Lane Newcas.... 1316 posts Send private message

Kavanagh´s avatar

Who are you refering to?

A friend of mine went to an ITV station on the Crevilente road in Torrevieja, paid for his ITV had all the correct paperwork .

The examiner asked him for the paperwork and asked if he spoke Spanish,when he said he was sorry he didnt, the examiner threw his arms up told him there would be no test and made him reverse out and then he had to go to the office to get a refund.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

High Recommendation - 0 posts
swimming pools - 9 posts
Carpenter needed near Benahavis - 0 posts
Community fees - 15 posts
Ceramic tile marks. - 3 posts
Best Raw Food Diet for Dogs in Spain? - 0 posts
House sale - 5 posts
Return to uk - 3 posts
You haven’t seen anything yet. - 2 posts
Correos in Spain - 6 posts
Apartment shutdown - 9 posts
Holiday rental refund - 8 posts
Corona virus - 30 posts
Access to a doctor - 4 posts
All won cases by Costaluz Lawyers-- off plan refunds--so far in 2020 - 2 posts
Summer 2020 - 7 posts
Police in Spain are impounding Gibraltar registered cars - 4 posts
Your Spanish Bank May now owe you money - 3 posts
Mortgages Under 50000 euros - 8 posts
Community Fees deferral? - 9 posts
Gib. Airport - 11 posts
post from uk - 2 posts
Ground floor damp - 17 posts
211 Form - 5 posts
Panic Buying - 10 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x