Correos in Spain

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
29 Apr 2020 12:19 PM by nigel188 Star rating in Estepona. 656 posts Send private message

Does anyone know if the Postal system is working at the moment ,locally & internationally. Planes fly every second day to Barcelona from Malaga Airport and then on to London from there every second day as well. Are Post Offices accepting international mail during the Coronavirus Pandemic

Thank You

Nigel

Like 0      
29 Apr 2020 12:45 PM by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1223 posts Send private message

Yes, mail is going back and forth although there are lots of delays. Our Correos is open 9:30 to 12:30 but mail is only being collected 3 times a week, so the lady told me. The office was also closed for 10 days for cleaning and disinfecting when one of the staff took ill.

We got a letter from UK a week last Friday which had been posted 3 weeks before. Then last Friday, we got 4 items and 2 of those had only been posted 3 days before whilst the other 2 had taken 2 weeks so it would seem they are being held somewhere and then being delivered/collected in batches.

But, yes, mail is going.

Like 0      
29 Apr 2020 1:00 PM by nigel188 Star rating in Estepona. 656 posts Send private message

Thank you ,Marie

Very helpful and information has been noted.

You are a shinning star. Sorry ,I cannot reward you.

Nigel

Like 0      
29 Apr 2020 1:31 PM by DaniMenzes Star rating. 41 posts Send private message

Hi Nigel

I have witness the Correos delivery women out and about on several occasions, I believe what they deliver is mainly junk mail and bills nowadays. Electronic mail has taken over and you can use electronic mail for international communications. You can even scan up documents and send them on to anyone.smiley

This message was last edited by DaniMenzes on 29/04/2020.

Like 0      
29 Apr 2020 2:47 PM by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1223 posts Send private message

As an aside, I posted a letter to Virgin last Wednesday and the lady told me it wouldn't go until Friday. The letter was to cancel a holiday we had booked for October but you can't get through to Virgin by phone or email and they will not reply to a request for a call back unless you are travelling in the next 72 hours.#

I just got an email from Virgin stating they had received the cancellation and our holiday has been cancelled so mail is definitely getting through.

Like 0      
29 Apr 2020 4:45 PM by DaniMenzes Star rating. 41 posts Send private message

‘’ but you can't get through to Virgin by phone or email and they will not reply to a request for a call back’’

It would be interesting what the so called in their pocket regulators have to say on that?

Like 0      
29 Apr 2020 6:25 PM by nigel188 Star rating in Estepona. 656 posts Send private message

Hi

Thank you one and all for your replies. I have got the answer that I required.

Do not need to worry anymore as received my envelope from Southport arrived today.

Nigel

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Apartment shutdown - 9 posts
Holiday rental refund - 8 posts
Corona virus - 30 posts
Access to a doctor - 4 posts
All won cases by Costaluz Lawyers-- off plan refunds--so far in 2020 - 2 posts
Summer 2020 - 7 posts
Police in Spain are impounding Gibraltar registered cars - 4 posts
Your Spanish Bank May now owe you money - 3 posts
Mortgages Under 50000 euros - 8 posts
Community Fees deferral? - 9 posts
Gib. Airport - 11 posts
post from uk - 2 posts
Ground floor damp - 17 posts
211 Form - 5 posts
Panic Buying - 10 posts
Any legal questions related to Coronavirus situation in Spain? - 84 posts
What must you put in a furnished apartment? - 15 posts
New Landlord - 1 posts
Blue Badge - 5 posts
Escritura. Copia simple - 6 posts
Pension Advice - 11 posts
True immigration control in Spain - 17 posts
Home Insurance - 11 posts
Euroclear - 2 posts
Deposit to estate agent. - 63 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x