Spanish utility bills paid from UK Bank.

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
22 Jun 2019 11:32 AM by macsco Star rating in Fuengirola / BHX. 21 posts Send private message

Hello, I currently have a Bankinter Bank account used solely for loading with cash and paying out bills, insurance, electric, Community, Ayuntamiento etc. I am  a UK resident. Do not want or need cash withdrawals, card payments or the like.

Bankinter have recently upped their monthly maintenance fee, prompting me to look elsewhere.

All the Banks I see recommended either have hidden charges or require regular funds ie. pension etc. Not suitable.

I have found a UK online bank (Starling) that has an add on free Euro account that can send and receive euros to the EU with its own IBAN.

So the question is will the hacienda, Ayuntamiento and all accept a UK IBAN to take the money from?

I know I could send amounts to an entity, but I would require that they could 'claim' amounts in the same way it happens now. 

Is that possible?

Thanks in anticipation.

Mac

Like 0      
22 Jun 2019 4:36 PM by johnmcmahon Star rating. 335 posts Send private message

are you sure UK banks euro accounts don't carry a charge ?

Cajamar offered free banking if you bought 1,000 euro shares...redeemable on demand...don't know if that offer is still on right enough

Like 0      
22 Jun 2019 5:04 PM by macsco Star rating in Fuengirola / BHX. 21 posts Send private message

Thanks for the reply.

StarlingBank, free banking in the UK GBP, free euro account, free to receive and send.

Only charge will be 0.4% conversion fee from September 1st. But as they use interbank rate as the base that I can live with.

Will look at Cajamar but not really wanting to earn anything from shares even if it was one euro as  it complcates issues.

Like 0      
22 Jun 2019 5:28 PM by macsco Star rating in Fuengirola / BHX. 21 posts Send private message

Thanks for the reply.

StarlingBank, free banking in the UK GBP, free euro account, free to receive and send.

Only charge will be 0.4% conversion fee (to load euro from GBP) from September 1st. But as they use interbank rate as the base that I can live with.

Will look at Cajamar but not really wanting to earn anything from shares even if it was one euro as  it complcates issues.

Like 0      
23 Jun 2019 9:15 AM by Mickyfinn Star rating in Spain and France. 1833 posts Send private message

If the account is a Euro account in the SEPA payment system then the Iban should be accepted by the Ayuntamiento to collect payments. Not if it's a Sterling account however for obvious reasons. I use Monese both Euro and Sterling for interbank transactions.

Like 1      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

obtaining hearing aids - 11 posts
Moving to Nerja and finding a school - 3 posts
Spain’s monumental glut of new homes is still massive - 75 posts
No escritura for EMASA - 21 posts
NEW SPANISH MORTGAGE LAW - 13 posts
Case won by Costs Luz Lawyers - 2 posts
airbnb in Majorca - 0 posts
Costaluz lawyers - 0 posts
Full list of cases won by Costaluz-DeCastro in 2019 - 0 posts
Two Recently Won Cases against banks at the Supreme Court by CostaLuz Lawyers and DeCastro teams - 10 posts
Executors/Probate - 6 posts
Somewhere not too hot! - 5 posts
Can they really do this? - 4 posts
good service in Barcelona! - 0 posts
Gardenwaste - 2 posts
First Time Purchase in Spain - 28 posts
Help with Adsense, Please - 1 posts
Yogurts with Live Cultures - 6 posts
Problems with Bankia in 2019 - 12 posts
TV reception Sucina, Murcia - 5 posts
Parking fees Costa del Sol hospital - 0 posts
Sky Remote Control - 8 posts
Who should be next UK PM? - 372 posts
How much notice does a landlord need to give - 13 posts
Costaluz won cases in 2019 - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x