Non Resident Tax

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
25 Oct 2018 11:01 AM by yogibear1 Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Hello. I completed a 210 form for a property that I jointly own, last November, for the year ending December 2016. I did this online last year & I am confident that I completed the return correctly, two forms for my partner & I. This was the first year of ownership. On the guide I was following, it stated that you could print out a PDF & take it to the bank for payment or pay it directly if you have a digital ID. However, on completion of the return, the monies that I calculated to pay, was taken from by bank account, & is shown as Taxes on my statement. The bank confirmed that the payments had gone through. With regards to the rentals, a return is done every quarter by a Spanish solicitor, might this mean a digital ID is in place & that is why monies were taken when I completd the form? (I did the Non Resident tax return, as the solicitor wanted a 100 euros for me to pay 40 euros)!

Can anyone advise whether I have completed the payment correctly. Just to confirm, I am sure the forms have been completed & the money has been taken out of my account.

I am at the point of doing the return for year ending December 2017, & if I need to do anything else I would be grateful for advice. I will not be in Spain for another six months & alas I cannot speak Spanish.

Like 0      
25 Oct 2018 6:33 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

40 euros on the face of it seems a very low amount, but it knowing the details I can only make a guess

On a couple of apartments on which I make out the 210s the gross sums on each are around 240 euros    The property is never let.   They are all average properties 

I always print out the forms and pay them over the counter at my bank 

This message was last edited by johnzx on 25/10/2018.

Like 0      
26 Oct 2018 9:27 AM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

Hi yogibear1.

I am not a resident  of Spain and I have never paid more then 60€'s for one property that I own jointly, in fact last year it came down about 10€'s the other two I own are taxed differently and my solicitor sorts these out, again the tax amount has never been anything to get concerned over.

Like 0      
26 Oct 2018 10:36 AM by yogibear1 Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Hi there,

The amount calculated is only for a part year from when the property was purchased. It is payment of the amount that confused me! I do not have a digital ID & as I was not going to be in Spain before 31st December, I had in mind contacting a friend I have in Spain to take the forms to the bank on my behalf & make the payment.

But as I have stated below, on completing the form on line, the amounts I calculated to pay were taken out of my bank account, i.e. they have been paid.

On the guide I am using it states you need a digital ID or pay in person at the bank. I have done neither but the money has been taken?

I am inclined to think that surely I have must have paid the tax if the money has gone out?

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

HID headlights - 0 posts
Foreign graduate student - UAM - 2 posts
Petition for Supreme Court decission on Mortgage Stamp Duty Tax - 6 posts
Hello everybody - 1 posts
building merchants in Huercal Overa - 0 posts
Keeping our GB car in spain, although only being used when on two week holiday - 15 posts
Fuente de piedra - 0 posts
Going private with a prostate - 6 posts
Autónomo vs private . Fair is fair - 6 posts
Hi - 3 posts
HOLDAY RENTA;L - 0 posts
buying out our friends share of our holiday home - 10 posts
Renting out holiday let’s on a community and fees - 12 posts
A Combi Boiler To Serve Multiple Heating Purposes | BoilerSpot - 0 posts
Boat moorings Aguilas Garucha area - 0 posts
Buying bigger property - 7 posts
Goldcar and eyeonspain query - 3 posts
Extraordinary fees - 1 posts
Community President - 20 posts
mr - 0 posts
Bob & Vicky - 1 posts
Data Protection - 3 posts
Empty Van Murcia to France ..UK also possible - 1 posts
Thelma - 24 posts
Is it possible to get Salud Responde in English - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x