HAPPY TO HAVE FOUND EOS!!!!!!

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
26 Sep 2007 12:00 AM by tbarbour Star rating in London. 5 posts Send private message

I am new to EOS. I have found the site very interesting and amusing so far. New to this site but not the Costa. ! However, I still need help with my hunt for a little Spanish gem in a town on the coast. Hope that somebody can help. Manilva, Benahavis, Casares, Ojen.......where do i go.??? Desperately looking for the real Spain!! Far from the madding crowd ..but not too far !!! HELP

Like 0      
26 Sep 2007 6:34 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi & welcome.

I was going to post Rixxy's details but she has answered you in your other post.

Like 0      
27 Sep 2007 6:10 PM by rowlandsbb Star rating in Gloucestershire &Hue.... 779 posts Send private message

rowlandsbb´s avatar

Lots of choice

Buying too far inland [ Finca's etc] can be a problem with title and even 'Land Grab' if the local council decides to develop the area

But there are nice locations [ cheaper that Costa del Sol] 20 /25 mins inland from Alicante to Mojacar and here you can geta 2 bed 2 bath  villa in plot of 400m2 plus from circa 178.000 €

Huercal Overa Hondon Fortuna Castalla etc

In a Spanish environment but still; within easy access of facilities

Like 0      
28 Sep 2007 12:26 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Drive 20 minutes inland from Marbella and you can get fincas for the same sort of price actually!

Most people prefer the coast due to the extremes of temperatures in both summer and winter in the inland areas - and that anywhere in Spain

Best you make your own mind up by looking around.

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
28 Sep 2007 2:07 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
As Brian says be careful with RUSTIC property (as opposed to urban property). To wit the small house in 10,000 sq metres of land - to illustrate. There can be problems with Title, on the Costa del Sol not really a problem with land grab as different laws apply in Andalucia to other regions although ensure good legal advice. With rustic there can also be problems raising finance as lenders deem properties that are remote higher risk and some wont lend at all. A great deal depends on your budget of course but there are little enclaves on the CDS that are not too far away but within a spit of what you want - as the oracle says if you go a long way inland the weather extremes can be less agreeable - 45 degrees plus in summer and colder wetter and snowier in the winter months - if you are closer to the coast even in summer there is breeze most of the time and you dont have to be with costa del Brit

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
28 Sep 2007 2:22 PM by rowlandsbb Star rating in Gloucestershire &Hue.... 779 posts Send private message

rowlandsbb´s avatar

I would not like anyone to think I do not like CDS because I like it a lot...I have been a regular visitor for circa 35 years!!!

Last time May this year and I was also there for last New Years Eve and next visit is Jan 1 08

Also I do not think that anyone should be put off because of the local problems with illegal builds....as long as you do your research and get good advice buying in CDS is just as safe as anywhere else in Spain

Unfortunately for what I want ,had to look elsewhere because CDS was too expensive for me and I just happened to find Almeria between Aguilas and Mojacar and like it......also parts of CBS and Mercia compare with CDS 

I'm sure that if you buy now in CDS for a Life Style reason and are sensible you will look back in a few years and see that you have made a good buy!!!

You can wait forever for the so called' price drop' and miss out on a lot of enjoyment of a home in Spain

To be 'real' in a 'good location' it is never going to be cheaper in the future than now to buy!!!   

This message was last edited by rowlandsbb on 9/28/2007.

Like 0      
28 Sep 2007 3:18 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Didnt think anyone suggested you didnt like the CDS Brian - way I read it anyway, but if you took any inference of that from my post then I apologise - certainly none intended.

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
28 Sep 2007 3:26 PM by rowlandsbb Star rating in Gloucestershire &Hue.... 779 posts Send private message

rowlandsbb´s avatar
Not really but after reading your post It made me think that perhaps some of my other ones on other threads may have had a touch of anti CDS!!!

Like 0      
28 Sep 2007 4:30 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Not at all old chap - we know you are only jealous of us!

Like 0      
28 Sep 2007 5:48 PM by jfj Star rating in Vera, Almería. 142 posts Send private message

jfj´s avatar
You should be jealous of us Smiley, living in Almería

Like 0      
28 Sep 2007 6:41 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Nah not at all - I know the streets here and their names even without any signs on them - would get lost in the wilds of Almeria - plus the fact that you dont have the millionaires playground up there for me to go out on the pull looking for all the Marbella babes!! Every night down in Banus with my best mate Jack (Daniels) - clubbing until the wee hours - wouldnt know how to live without it!! LOL

Like 0      
28 Sep 2007 10:19 PM by Annie21 Star rating. 368 posts Send private message

Annie21´s avatar
Sorry Smiley - can't resist after your last post - is that mid life crisis, dream on, or real life????? Can believe the JD but pulling all the Marbella babes??? You live dangerously!!

Like 0      
29 Sep 2007 10:41 AM by jfj Star rating in Vera, Almería. 142 posts Send private message

01 Oct 2007 10:08 AM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar

Its all true Annie - Jacques and me ish vewy besht fwenz - speshly at the weekensh - always have liked to live dangerously since I read Peter Pan - no such thing as mid life crisis for me - I am far too old so maybe old life crisis!!!!LOL

Like 0      
01 Oct 2007 5:35 PM by Annie21 Star rating. 368 posts Send private message

Annie21´s avatar

Nutter!!  - make mine a G&T & I'll join you. I don't think of it as a mid / old life crisis - just as having a cracking good time & embarassing the hell out of my teenagers .

Like 0      
02 Oct 2007 1:57 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Ahhhh teenagers - isnt it natures wonderful way of getting our own back!

I had to take my now 6 foot 3 inch tall son to El Corte Ingles last night to get him some school shoes (size 46!!!)

He just about accepted me taking his hand in the aisle, but wasnt amused when I started skipping along beside him singing!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
02 Oct 2007 5:03 PM by Annie21 Star rating. 368 posts Send private message

Annie21´s avatar

My 15 year old daughter does a good line in withering stares when I start - fortunately I've learnt from her how to be completely impervious to them.  

6 foot 3 & flippers for feet!! Sounds expensive! Don't fancy your food bills LOL

Like 0      
02 Oct 2007 5:36 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
It's when teenagers say things like "talk to the hand" & "whatever" with that look then insist on their meal being ready at a certain time so they can go out, having told you they need a lift & often it'll be just as News At Ten begins. Whilst I haven't "kids" I know many who do. My youngest niece was a little dictator.

Like 0      
02 Oct 2007 5:59 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Ah Im lucky there - mine are not like that - theyre never too big for a belt around the ear and I still have a long handled frying pan for the job!

Yes he eats like a horse and more besides.

Sunday 2 packets of jammy dodgers, a packet of Hob Nobs and a packet of Ginger nuts (for the adults) was bought from local english shop and placed into cupboard!

Then after having huge full english brekkie, Chris was told IF (and only if) he felt hungry he could have a couple of biscuits (j dgers were his OR hob nobs) and if really necessary a bowl of cereal (healthy cept he gets 4 bowlfulls to a packet!!!!!!!!)

Anyway he was left alone for a couple of hours and scoffed - all the hob nobs AND all but 3 of the ginger nuts AND a bowl of cereal! Followed by huge portion of sgetti bolognese!

I cant sell enough houses to feed him! Think I will start a FOC (feed our chris) campaign on EOS!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
02 Oct 2007 8:32 PM by Annie21 Star rating. 368 posts Send private message

Annie21´s avatar

Hollow legs or worms???  Only joking - hope he doesn't read eos lol.

Know the feeling of trying to fill a bottomless teenage food pit - never flippin ending! We had 4 kids in our house at one point (steps & mine) ranging from the food pit, to the faddy eater, to the vegetarian, to one (relatively) normal eat most things daughter. Plus me & hubby love spice which absolutely no one else does. You can imagine the amount of different meals I made!!

Fortunately we don't have any 'dictators' - wouldn't have the time for them!! Looking back it's no wonder I'm partial to the odd G&T - or 6

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

LOOKING FOR RENOVATION PROJECT - 2 posts
Air conditioning service contract - 4 posts
Hello - 3 posts
New to Forum - 4 posts
British estate agents - 23 posts
Richgirl - 2 posts
Malaga airport "improvements" - 15 posts
english surveying practice - 0 posts
Valuations - 0 posts
Window Tints - 19 posts
miss sold a marina dor apartment - 21 posts
Save a Street Child in Nepal for Just 1,50€ per Day!!!!!!!!!!!! - 0 posts
Offering my recommendations. - 2 posts
Property Management in Sucina. - 5 posts
Congratulations to Gina & her husband on the occasion of their Silver Wedding - 3 posts
directions from murcia airport please - 1 posts
news on block 7 - 3 posts
Feedback from Mar Azul??? - 0 posts
Home Insurance - 2 posts
Vacancy!!!!!!! - 29 posts
hand luggage - 5 posts
quesada bowling club - 3 posts
Bucket club - 1 posts
Wanted, long term rent, 2 bed in / around Duquesa / Sabinillas / Estepona - 1 posts
eBay sales!!!! - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 25

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x