Driving licence

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
23 Jun 2018 6:45 AM by terry gill Star rating in portsmouth england a.... 29 posts Send private message

Can anyone tell me the procedure for changing my driving licence from English to Spanish now I am a resident, I believe there's somewhere in Torrevieja, by the waterfall? Thanks Gill.


Like 0      
23 Jun 2018 9:45 AM by J.P.R. Star rating. 76 posts Send private message

My licence change over was handled by Miguel Angel Palacios Rey,  insurance agent, of Av. Marques de Rozalejo 1, Los Alcazares. More details on Google. He arranged a medical in San Javier which included an eye sight test, questions on any medication, having a photo taken, a fairly wide ranging discussion with a doctor who spoke english and a session in front of a screen where, using two knobs, I had to keep two lines representing cars on two " roads " which weaved from side to side, in simple tandem at first but later weaving independently .  I found this easier to do by sitting back from the screen rather than getting too close to it and quite enjoyed doing it . I think the fee was around  €30.

Make copies of your U.K. driving documents for future reference.

Like 0      
23 Jun 2018 8:00 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4541 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Details of what you need here https://sede.dgt.gob.es/Galerias/tramites-y-multas/permiso-de-conduccion/canje-de-permisos/07-Canje-PC/07-Sustitucion-PC_EN.pdf

and here https://sede.dgt.gob.es/Galerias/tramites-y-multas/permiso-de-conduccion/canje-de-permisos/03-Canje-PC/03-Canje-PC-EU-Islandia-Liechtenstein-y-Noruega_EN.pdf

You may need to go to Tráfico in Alicante, although it may be possible to do it via one of the appointed medical centres in Torrevieja listed here on P54: http://www.dgt.es/Galerias/seguridad-vial/centros-colaboradores/Listado-Centros-Reconocimiento-Conductores.pdf

From the info here it appears that you may not actually need to have the so-called medical until you next have to renew your new Spanish licence - but like everything in Spain, it's open to interpretation!

Or you could just use a gestor like J.P.R did, which is probably worth it to avoid the hassle of doing it yourself.



"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain




Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

No need for dish if you have Virgin Media in U.K - 5 posts
Credit Card and Car Hire - 1 posts
personnel relationship agreement sabadell bank? - 1 posts
Long term rental - 4 posts
Translation - 4 posts
Car - 3 posts
Bank charges - 1 posts
Bankia/BMN - 42 posts
Legal intrest payment - 3 posts
travel cot - 1 posts
one way van - 4 posts
superb help from Maria L. de Castro at Costaluz Lawyers - 1 posts
Work Permit for Egyptian Nationals in Canary Islands - 1 posts
BMN merger with Bankia issues - 20 posts
Localidad - 33 posts
motor home - 4 posts
Tasa 790 - 1 posts
Berta - 6 posts
Holiday Rental Licence - 0 posts
best areas to live in denia - 0 posts
Bank withdrawal - 3 posts
Key Holder required for 2 apartments - 1 in VillaMartin and 1 in La Mata - 1 posts
Car insurance - 27 posts
How Foreigners bought their homes in Spain in 2017 - 1 posts
need a rental in gran caneria asap - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x