No need for dish if you have Virgin Media in U.K

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
22 Jun 2018 6:05 PM by HERBY Star rating. 33 posts Send private message

HI,

This only applies if you own a property in U.K and pay for a V.M package.

Since April you get your full u.k package anywhere u are via wifi for free.

Provided you have a good internet connection in your other house i.e Spain

Just connect your device i.e laptop to your t.v and connect with V.M app.

U are ready to go all for free .your entire uk bundle will be accessible wherever

You are in Europe.

Best of luck. Herby

Like 1      
22 Jun 2018 8:36 PM by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1222 posts Send private message

Or Sky. Or BT. Or any other pay for view system come to that. But not BBC or ITV etc.

Like 0      
22 Jun 2018 10:17 PM by rowlandsbb Star rating in Gloucestershire &Hue.... 779 posts Send private message

rowlandsbb´s avatar

Can you verify with a link to Virgin media confirming this as up to now you needed to join a VPN which is technically unlawful 

With Sky Go due to recent EU changes now allows you to use it abroad for about 35 days provided you have used Sky Go within the last 35 days in U.K. 

Early this month I tried this in Spain and did have access to Sky Go but then the channels of Sky Go are limited and manly Sky channels but this is a step in the right direction 

If you can lawfully get Virgin Anywhere in Spain for example without a VPN and it has all the channels then It would be a bonus to many

I currently use a 1.9 m dish which in Almeria gives you good reception 

This message was last edited by rowlandsbb on 22/06/2018.

Like 0      
22 Jun 2018 11:20 PM by HERBY Star rating. 33 posts Send private message

Hi

Thank u 4 the interest in this subject.it is called content portability and it started on 1st of April,

No not an April fools joke.it is perfectly legal.it a paneuropeen communications agreement.

If u download the V.M go app it has all the details on it.it even includes on demand bundle

I contacted V.M they tell me that it is all correct ,legal and genuine,all u need is a very good

Internet connection with a minimum of 8 to 10 mbps to avoid lagging,if u have fibre u should

Be ok as speeds are usually higher.u should also be able to watch all your V.M package on your

Smartphone or laptop anywhere in europe,remember it is all dependent on the quality of your

Wifi or b/band .for your info V.M have a forum on the subject.by the way I only have the info

For V.M and not B.T or S.K.Y but it should be the same using their own apps also u can google

V.M on this by typing ,virgin media in europe there are now umpteen questions and answers.

Good luck.by the way as someone said in an earlier post satellite dishes are really confined

To history now.since new technology has taken over.

Herby

Like 0      
23 Jun 2018 1:53 AM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Good to know also that VPNs are "unlawful" in Gloucestershire & Huercal.

Oh, and a handful of other places, such as Belarus & UAE wink​​​​​​​

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
23 Jun 2018 12:51 PM by rowlandsbb Star rating in Gloucestershire &Hue.... 779 posts Send private message

rowlandsbb´s avatar

Thanks for that information and on further google search it seems that VM abroad is very similar to Sky which means you can only watch the VM channels and not BBC or ITV as you are directed to BBC player which you cannot access outside UK at present -you can get Sky sports on VM so presumably you can also get in abroad

BBC and ITV are apparently not subject to the new regulations 

you sound as though you are using VM in Spain so is this correct 

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Credit Card and Car Hire - 1 posts
personnel relationship agreement sabadell bank? - 1 posts
Long term rental - 4 posts
Translation - 4 posts
Car - 3 posts
Bank charges - 1 posts
Bankia/BMN - 42 posts
Legal intrest payment - 3 posts
travel cot - 1 posts
one way van - 4 posts
superb help from Maria L. de Castro at Costaluz Lawyers - 1 posts
Work Permit for Egyptian Nationals in Canary Islands - 1 posts
BMN merger with Bankia issues - 20 posts
Localidad - 33 posts
motor home - 4 posts
Tasa 790 - 1 posts
Berta - 6 posts
Holiday Rental Licence - 0 posts
best areas to live in denia - 6 posts
Bank withdrawal - 3 posts
Key Holder required for 2 apartments - 1 in VillaMartin and 1 in La Mata - 1 posts
Car insurance - 27 posts
How Foreigners bought their homes in Spain in 2017 - 1 posts
need a rental in gran caneria asap - 0 posts
Land registry - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x