Advice needed

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
16 May 2018 6:13 PM by BobandJackie Star rating in Torquay. 26 posts Send private message

Hi everyone.  My husband and I put down a deposit back in 2007 on a property that was never built.  My husband has  since passed away and I am going through the process of reclaiming the money.

I have been asked by the Spanish Solictors, who are acting on my behalf, to send the original death certificate, Will and probate and I have to send them via the Foreign and Commonwealth office. 

I am cautious about sending these documents as they are originals but it seems I have no choice if I want to claim the money.  

Anyway, my question is how do I do this?  I don't know where to start.  Has anyone else out there sent documents to Spain via the FCO (who has to validate them as genuine documents) and can explain how I do this?  

Any help will be appreciated.

Jacqueline

Like 0      
16 May 2018 11:09 PM by nigel188 Star rating in Estepona. 656 posts Send private message

Hi Jacqueline

Here is a website which explains it fairly well. If you need any further information you can contact them direct

https://www.mylawyerinspain.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/Dealing_with_Spanish_Assets_Upon_Death.pdf

Good Luck

Nigel

Nigel

Like 0      
17 May 2018 12:02 PM by BobandJackie Star rating in Torquay. 26 posts Send private message

Thanks Nigel.   That is partly helpful.  It is how to communicate with the FCO that I am confused about. 

Jacqueline

Like 0      
17 May 2018 4:49 PM by nigel188 Star rating in Estepona. 656 posts Send private message

Hi Jacqueline

Maybe this website will assist you as well.

https://www.llsuk.com/fco-legalisation

Nigel

Like 0      
17 May 2018 5:22 PM by georgie1 Star rating. 76 posts Send private message

Hi Jackie nice to hear from you (Mag and I stayed with you for the weekend ) hope you are keeping well, we got our deposit back last year ,still waiting for our interest and expences thats another story .You say you have a solicitor cant they tell you the info you need ? anyway keep us informed and the best of luck .Barry and Mags .

advice needed

Like 0      
18 May 2018 7:02 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Jacqueline:

Is is the Hague Apostille what you need information about?

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Santander to Vera - 4 posts
Mid/Long Term Parking UK Car in Benidorm/Alacante - 2 posts
The beauty of EU Directive 2016/680 - 9 posts
Power of attorney - 8 posts
Earthquake around Pilar de la Horadada, Costa Blanca 11-5-2018 - 0 posts
Television - 2 posts
Transferring a properties ownership - 5 posts
Extra transfer tax - 19 posts
Tourist licence - 2 posts
Web Renta anomaly - 0 posts
Looking for a leasing agent in Montejaque Spain - 1 posts
English Speaking Lawyer - 9 posts
Registering a car owned by a relative - compulsory? - 8 posts
Changing Spanish Lawyer - 0 posts
Bankia codes - 6 posts
Bankia codes - 0 posts
Campsite - 2 posts
Modify Community Statutes restricting Debtors Rights - 1 posts
Cuidad Quesada - 9 posts
CAM bank mortgage now Sabadell help please. - 14 posts
Greetings from a Newbie - 6 posts
Disabled acess - 3 posts
Deleting binned private messages - 2 posts
Wills - 3 posts
Calais to Calahonda - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x