Home Insurance

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
24 Sep 2007 12:00 AM by jencoo Star rating in east Yorkshire/ Daya.... 131 posts Send private message

I hope some of you out there can help.

We are planning an extended stay in Spain, for about 6 months.

We have discovered that our home inurance will not cover us for a long stay and we will not be insured after 60 days .

I am sure that some of you have come across this before, so can you please tell us what you have done about it, or an insurance company that will cover us.

Many thanks

Like 0      
24 Sep 2007 7:19 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Hi Jencoo,  Are you just relying on Home Insurance for cover or do you have travel insurance as well?  I have Home Insurance on our apartment but I also have travel insurance that covers us for 3 two 6months at a time, that is with Saga if you are over 50.   It does grieve me that I have to pay out all this money on Insurance  I must admit.  Hopefully someone might have more advice for us.      Regards Pat

Like 0      
25 Sep 2007 9:46 AM by Rusty2712 Star rating in Benalmadena Costa. 71 posts Send private message

Jencoo,

I believe you are talking about cover at you UK home. 60 days seems too little time, as a general rule you are given 90 days and after that a lot of insurance companies now have whta they call a buy-back clause whereas you pay an additional premium for the rest of the period.

If it during the winter months you will probably also find that you are required to turn off your water and electric unless you have someone who is going to visit the property at least once a week.

I would call your insurer and ask if the buy-back clause is available.

regards

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Vacancy!!!!!!! - 29 posts
hand luggage - 5 posts
quesada bowling club - 3 posts
Bucket club - 1 posts
Wanted, long term rent, 2 bed in / around Duquesa / Sabinillas / Estepona - 1 posts
eBay sales!!!! - 3 posts
HI everyone . - 2 posts
air conditioning/furniture packages fuengirola - 1 posts
Community pool - 4 posts
Just put our name down for an apartment at Mar y Sol... - 60 posts
Directions - 14 posts
Things to Information. Have a LOOK !!! - 0 posts
Monarch Cancelled flight today - 13 posts
Interesting article - 2 posts
Swimming pool regulations in spain to require a lifeguard or not - 2 posts
Help in Time of Need - 6 posts
Badminton - 2 posts
HELP ! ONE DOUBLE BED REQUIRED AND DELIVERED ON SET DAY!! - 10 posts
Holiday rental needed 14th oct - playa flamenca - la florida - 1 posts
Getting your 16-18 year Old Thru. to Becoming a Professional Here in Spain. - 3 posts
Goodfellas Playa Flamenca - 3 posts
INSPECTION TRIP FEEDBACK SOUGHT FOR ARTICLE PLEASE - 8 posts
Advisable to appoint a lawyer when selling ? - 3 posts
SUMA payments - 7 posts
Lo Crispin - 5 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x