Square media Los Alcazares

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
15 Apr 2018 9:45 PM by keith123 Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Warning

We have been supplied internet and TV by Square media who are based at Los Alcazares. The Internet is through Emartenez and i have to say that we have had very good reading well above the 15mbs we contracted for. The TV Box (MAG) was supplied in conjunction and Installed by Square media and despite repeated requests to fix the reception of the system we have had nothing but excuses from them blaming anyone else for the problems. The latest was to go to a backup system which bears no resemblence to the purchased item and system and even so only lasted a day before it too stoped working. The owner of the company will not reply to text messages and certain will not offer any type of refund. We are left with very little television and certain non that is watchable afer 7.00pm at night

This is the worst company I have ever delt with and I would not reccomend them to anybody 

Like 0      
16 Apr 2018 9:33 AM by Kavanagh Star rating in Oil Drum Lane Newcas.... 1316 posts Send private message

Kavanagh´s avatar

Hello Keith and welcome to the forum.

Sadly when things go wrong in Spain there seems to be a culture of ‘‘I’ve got your money now so tough’’.

All you can do is go to Square media at Los Alcazares and demand a complaints form.  Every business in Spain is obliged to have an official complaints book ('Libro de reclamaciones') available. This is a form which any customer can complete which puts the details of a complaint on record and each is followed up by the authorities. It is a legal obligation for businesses to have this book, and to display a notice - usually in Spanish and English - advising that it is available if required. The form is usually in both languages as well.

Once completed, you keep two copies and the business keeps the third. The business then has 10 days in which to reply to your complaint. If none is forthcoming or the reply is unacceptable, you send or take one copy of the form to the local Consumers Office, usually located at the Town Hall. They will then investigate the matter, a process which obviously businesses do not like very much!

If the business cannot or will not produce the forms for you to complete, that is an offence which should also be reported to the Consumers Office. However, in practice, simply asking for the Complaints Book is often enough to trigger an amazing change of heart on the part of the businesses which take the matter very seriously, as the penalties for a proven case can be high.

You also have the option of going to the Consumers Office anyway (without waiting for the 10 days) and reporting the situation. It will certainly take up an hour or two of a holiday, but the more clients who draw attention to shoddy business practices the better.

Like 1      
16 Apr 2018 10:02 AM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

Why not buy a Android TV box ..from eBay... Cost around €60.00 for a good one ...I have been using one for the last five years you will get thousands of channels for free.

Like 0      
16 Apr 2018 3:40 PM by keith123 Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Yes thats Ok but I only got the box at the end of december and paid up from for the Box and a years subscription to all UK and Sports channels

Just feel totally ripped off by This company and they do not want to help solve the problem.

Yet again get your money and dump you

I will pay a solicitor to sort out even if the cost is more than I paid in the first place - I cannot stand being ripped off or seeing others being treated in the same way

Like 1      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Bank Owned Poroperties - 5 posts
Looking for pool renovation recommendations Lorca area - 6 posts
La Manga Ferry - 2 posts
How to inform Agencia Tributaria - 16 posts
renting villa long term but renting out for holiday lets - 4 posts
Additional carge on Commundad - 3 posts
Spanish Rental Taxes - why is it so complicated - help appreciated - 11 posts
Winter sun with plenty to do? - 4 posts
Spanish Legal Reclaim - 9 posts
RETURNING TO MENORCA - 16 posts
Adverse possession - 4 posts
Car Scrappage Costs - 7 posts
Chiropodist Needed - 0 posts
Happy home wanted for 2 good mousers - 0 posts
Gibraltar development - 6 posts
EU Geo digital content restrictions abolished. - 10 posts
Caixabank economic activity requests - 7 posts
Spanish Architect - 4 posts
Thursday Legionnaire's Procession Malaga - 1 posts
Small 8 property comunidad. - 5 posts
Property purchase without registration for extension - 5 posts
Banking - 7 posts
Selling by instalments - 14 posts
Advice on Buying a property - 19 posts
Dog Friendly Accommodation - 5 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x