Dog Friendly Accommodation

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
25 Mar 2018 4:42 PM by Holidaygirl12 Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

My husband and I are planning to spending next winter on the Costa del Sol with our 10 year old labrador.  We have booked our ferry for 31st October and arrive in Bilbao on 1 November at lunchtime.  The journey is then apprx 600 miles and so we may have 2 nights stopover (poss Madrid and then Jaen) as we are not in any particular rush.  Just wondered if anyone knows of dog friendly accommodation along the route or of any places to avoid?  I am also aware that trying to rent somewhere for between 4-6 months with a dog is not going to be easy so if anyone has any information or advice we would be really grateful. We are visiting at the end of next month in order to check out locations (as its been 6 years since we last went)

Many thanks

Janet

Like 0      
25 Mar 2018 6:21 PM by Kavanagh Star rating in Oil Drum Lane Newcas.... 1316 posts Send private message

Kavanagh´s avatar

Hello Holidaygirl or Janet and a very warm welcome to EOS

If you have a sat-nav it will have pet friendly hotels listed on it. If you don’t you can buy a sat-nav on ebay for £50.

Also if you do a google search ‘’dog friendly hotels’’ you will get pages full of websites.

The same goes for property rental.

Places to avoid, the cats home.

Anything else you need to know?.

This message was last edited by Kavanagh on 25/03/2018.

This message was last edited by Kavanagh on 25/03/2018.

Like 1      
25 Mar 2018 7:32 PM by GuyT Star rating. 511 posts Send private message

No help on the dog friendly hotels, but if you're not in a hurry, a great route is to either follow the coast west until Gijon and then take the wonderful motorway alongside the old N630 down to Seville - mostly empty six lanes - then down  to the CDS or you could chop off the corner at the top by driving Bilbao-Burgos-Valladolid-Salamanca....and then you're on the same road down to Seville. Salamanca is fabulous, as are Plasencia, Caceres, Merida...and many more interesting places.  Taking the long route through Gijon to CDS is about 14 hours driving, or directly to Salamanca and onward 12 hours.

Like 1      
25 Mar 2018 8:21 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

If you plan to have a quick gander around Bilbao on arrival before heading south, there's a nice pet-friendly hotel just south of Burgos, at Lerma: http://www.hotelalisa.com/ingles.html. Stayed there last year; bar, snacks & full restaurant etc. Only about an hour or so from Bilbao. From there it's quite an easy day's drive to CDS, assuming you don't get held up (or lost) skirting Madrid. Sorry, don't know any others along the route.

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 1      
26 Mar 2018 9:10 AM by Mickyfinn Star rating in Spain and France. 1833 posts Send private message

All Accor group hotels in Spain and France accept pets. Ibis has hotels in the location you want. I use them every year travelling with dogs without a problem.

Like 0      
27 Mar 2018 9:15 AM by clg1972 Star rating. 47 posts Send private message

Hi,

We use Booking.com and then put the filter on for pet friendly hotels. Previous poster is correct that the IBIS and Accor hotel groups all take pets. When we drive over with our 2 from UK to Malaga, we normally stop at the IBIS in Bordeaux and then the Hotel Ciggaral Domenica in Toledo (which has a lovely view of the City) and the rooms have a balcony.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Just received an embargo on a house – looking for advice please - 14 posts
EU Succession Regulation 650/2012 - 3 posts
Planning to move to Ibiza to dj - 1 posts
Boat Trips - 4 posts
Moving my business to Ibiza, whats your thoughts? - 4 posts
Importing Car - 0 posts
Weather gripe - 32 posts
Incorrect Direct Debits - 3 posts
Easter Parades Torrevieja - 0 posts
I won my first instance case against banks - 3 posts
9 cases won so far in 2018 by CostaluzLawyers - 13 posts
Decaration of assets abroad- end of term 31st March - 43 posts
Car Insurance - 3 posts
Wills - 3 posts
Great new classical choir in Vera (Almeria) - 0 posts
Public schools - 3 posts
SELLING PROPERTY - 8 posts
registration for rentals - 1 posts
good rental agents aguilas area -costa calida - 0 posts
Capital gains tax - 2 posts
La Caixa refusing to pay out on life insurance. - 44 posts
Anything happening at Nueva Ribera? - 1 posts
vera playa almeria - 13 posts
Wills - 1 posts
Bank want to trick me into saying I'm investor - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x