The start of the journey

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
19 Dec 2017 6:27 PM by conistonman Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hello everyone.  I am Michael and my partner Margaret and I are thinking seriously about moving to Spain some time soon.  The logical first step would be six month rental property (according to general advice I think?) and then look around for something to buy.  We are home owners in the north of England and are looking for a two bed/two bath maybe in the Costa Blanca area.  Moraira looks nice, but then everywhere we look has its advantages.

We would keep our property here for the time being and see how things pan out.  Any personal recommendations from anyone would be most welcome.  Here are a few sample questions:

If, let's say for example, we decided to head south in the next few weeks (say Jan-Mar 2018) what might our chances of finding a property quickly be? 

Is it common to see English registered cars driving around the Costas (ie people in our position on long term lets)?  Thinking in terms of "act like long term visitors to Spain rather than residents", in the first instance at least.

Are there agencies that deal with rentals exclusively, like in England, where we have agents who deal with sales and others who just deal with rentals?

Enough for now - just my opening posting really. Hope to have some enjoyable conversations on here over the coming weeks.  We are NOT fixed on a destination but starting to feel like seeing the back of this cold north wind blowing in Yorkshire! 

PS  I have JUST passed retirement age so can drop work just like that, without a qualm.  My partner is a few years younger but she is equally flexible. 

Like 0      
20 Dec 2017 6:26 PM by Spanishpunter Star rating. 64 posts Send private message

Have a look at Almeria around the Mojacar area. Probably the best winter weather in Southern Spain and relatively cheap. Quite a few TV programs have featured is are recently and if you source these it will give you a good idea of the area and opportunities. You should be able to rent a decent villa for early 2018 but as is situation in all of Southern Europe in the winter months it does go chilly in the evenings and good heating is important, either a wood burner or central heating and using AC as a supplement 

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

A close shave or let's not get taken to the cleaners! - 0 posts
Property auction .Bids start from €100 - 187 posts
Buying in Los Balcones - 2 posts
Happy Christmas - 2 posts
Any body driving back to UK next week - 0 posts
Hello - 0 posts
TV PICTURE QUALITY - 1 posts
Property rental - 20 posts
Service Roads - 11 posts
Wanted volunteer drivers - 1 posts
Christmas dinner - 4 posts
Hi!- And a question for everyone already happily relocated - 41 posts
cute-baby-capuchin-monkeys-for-x-mas-adoption - 0 posts
Transfering private pension money - 19 posts
Recommended handiman / builder in Valencia - 0 posts
Condado De Alhama - 8 posts
Wanted shipping cartons - 1 posts
hot tubs - 0 posts
Valuation costs - 61 posts
Gazebo & Ratan style 4 piece Patio set for sale - 0 posts
Estate agent fees - 41 posts
Property market around Almoradi/Algorfa/Formentura areas - 5 posts
AutoliquidacIón provisional - 1 posts
Spanish Envelope sizes and postage costs - 16 posts
Rubbish tax - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x