Service Roads

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
12 Dec 2017 7:44 PM by DazzaJ Star rating in Spain. 46 posts Send private message

Hi

Does anyone the definitive rules on using service roads with no entry signd in spain 

We have had numerous explanations such as access only. , insurance is invalid when using, unadopted,  for service vehicles only and none make sense and many have no explanation or clear restrictions on the signs

Like 0      
13 Dec 2017 1:01 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

If you are asking with a partciular road in mind, may I suggest you ask the Guardia Civil.  If anyone is likely to be prosecuted it would be them who would make the report.

Like 0      
14 Dec 2017 7:32 AM by DazzaJ Star rating in Spain. 46 posts Send private message

Johnzx

Thanks for replying

I am not interested and did not ask who would prosecute just what are the rules 

As an example a few of the roads near me have no entry signs and say "except services" yet there are properties and businesses whose owners need access as it is the only access 

Add to this these roads are used by many as what can be best described as short cuts.

So why the no entry signs

Like 0      
14 Dec 2017 7:50 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

I am not interested and did not ask who would prosecute just what are the rules

I am a tad surprised as you asked,  "Does anyone (know) the definitive rules on using service roads with no entry signd in spain"

The answer was yes, the Guardia Civil

This message was last edited by johnzx on 14/12/2017.

Like 0      
14 Dec 2017 11:03 AM by briando55 Star rating in Yorkshire. 1982 posts Send private message

Maybe asking the enforcers about the rules is inviting a blunt answer?    

Can you ask who put the sign up and find out the purpose perhaps?

Best wishes, Brian

Like 1      
14 Dec 2017 2:23 PM by DazzaJ Star rating in Spain. 46 posts Send private message

johnzx

yes the guardia civil is a good place to ask but I simply thought that someone on here might know the answer and we could have discussion but obvioulsy not so far anyway 

Like 1      
15 Dec 2017 11:14 AM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

Does anyone the definitive rules on using service roads with no entry signd in spain 

We have had numerous explanations such as access only. , insurance is invalid when using, unadopted,  for service vehicles only and none make sense and many have no explanation or clear restrictions on the signs

My 2 cents worth.

I owned one house that you could get to from the front walking only, rear had our garage in it,  walking or driving to, the road to the rear was blocked of at one end and had a NO ENTRY sign at the beginning of it, for the ten years we owned that house us and everyone else used the road, parked on it, turned around in it, had skips delivered, never one issue. 

Cant see that insurance is invalid, maybe thats a nice little get out for car insurance people to NOT pay out in the event of any accident, it that would work or not have no idea but if it's been mentioned thats all I could think of.

We never had any signs for service vehicles or anything like that, just the NO ENTRY sign.

As much as I love Spain, it is Spain after all, ask a simple Yes or No question and get a 5 hour debate and 1,000 pages on it, ask the most hardest questions and get a 30 second answer back.

Like 0      
15 Dec 2017 1:46 PM by DazzaJ Star rating in Spain. 46 posts Send private message

baz1946

Thank you.

The roads I am posting about are "open" at both ends, have "2 way" traffic and signs at both ends - not sure if that makes any difference

One of our friends said she was recently followed down one of the roads by a police car. She got a bit nervous but she was not stopped thankfully (which is how the discussion started with us)

Like 0      
15 Dec 2017 2:39 PM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

DazzaJ.

Open both ends, and NO ENTRY signs at both ends, definitly sounds like a Spanish thing, like at one time it wasn't open, then they opened it,  and no one ever took the signs down, and nobody ever tells anyone any different.

If you were that bothered and did follow it up with say the relevent department I wouldn't mind betting they wouldn't know either.

Like 0      
15 Dec 2017 4:21 PM by DazzaJ Star rating in Spain. 46 posts Send private message

baz1946

You may well be right

We are not that bothered just thought I would ask on here as it sounded like an interesting topic for discussion

Like 0      
15 Dec 2017 6:37 PM by briando55 Star rating in Yorkshire. 1982 posts Send private message

When I posted 

Can you ask who put the sign up and find out the purpose perhaps?

It was probably about right then?

Best wishes, Brian

Like 0      
16 Dec 2017 10:20 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Re No Entry signs at both ends of a road

When I first came to live in Spain there was a road between two towns ,  10 kms long, which had No Entry signs at both ends.  Lots of people used the road regularly as it was a shorter route than the alternative.

The road was in a very poor state of repair.

I was told that by putting up the signs 'the authorities' were not responsible if an accident occurred because of the poor condition of the Road. 

I have no idea if that was legally correct.    (I probably believed most things I was told about Spain then ! )

Eventually the road was remodelled and the no entry signs were removed.

This message was last edited by johnzx on 16/12/2017.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Wanted volunteer drivers - 1 posts
Christmas dinner - 4 posts
Hi!- And a question for everyone already happily relocated - 41 posts
cute-baby-capuchin-monkeys-for-x-mas-adoption - 0 posts
Transfering private pension money - 19 posts
Recommended handiman / builder in Valencia - 0 posts
Condado De Alhama - 8 posts
Wanted shipping cartons - 1 posts
hot tubs - 0 posts
Valuation costs - 61 posts
Gazebo & Ratan style 4 piece Patio set for sale - 0 posts
Estate agent fees - 41 posts
Property market around Almoradi/Algorfa/Formentura areas - 5 posts
AutoliquidacIón provisional - 1 posts
Spanish Envelope sizes and postage costs - 16 posts
Rubbish tax - 3 posts
Private schools Costa del sol! - 0 posts
Innocent Brits to be evicted from their homes. - 79 posts
Spain-based British professional scammers, stay alert - 0 posts
Spanish Legal System - 33 posts
Spanish license renewal - 7 posts
Rental - 2 posts
car transfer - 2 posts
ryno stan - 0 posts
Almeria villages / recommendations - 74 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 12

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x