Hola! New and moving to Spain!!(Tenerife Los cris)

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
12 Mar 2017 11:07 PM by Missallan Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hola! I will be moving to Spain in th next month or so to finally be with my partner.. he move out there about a month ago and I will finally be joining him, I'm new to this so any help would be really appreciated to point me in the right direction. Any info on how to get my NIE etc, looking for jobs (I'm experienced in hospitality, have worked in bars restaurants cafes most my life and also done weddings, make up and retail too... I am currently a supervisor in a bar/restaurant here and would be grand if anyone could let me know of anyone or places needing staff in the next couple months. I will be moving to Los Cristianos in Tenerife. I am 22 year old female and speak completely fluent English and a, learning Spanish currently. Thank you :) x

Like 0      
13 Mar 2017 12:58 AM by windtalker Star rating. 1934 posts Send private message

Enjoy the summer season in Spain .


Like 0      
13 Mar 2017 8:17 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Miss:  If you are an EU citizen:-  

As you will see here:-  https://www.gov.uk/guidance/residency-requirements-in-spain


If you come to Spain intending to stay for 3 months or more you must register on EU Citizen’s Register.  

In your case as you do not have a job nor job offer you would need to prove medical cover, income etc.   However, if you come to Spain as visitor  ‘with the idea that you might seek work’ you will have 3 months grace. By doing that you will also be able to apply for an NIE should you wish to obtain one before you Register.  In that case do not say you are seeking work, if you do you will not be allowed to apply for just an NIE.     On the application you might say you wish to open a bank account, or buy a property etc. That would be sufficient reason to apply for an NIE.


When you get a job or a job offer,  you will need to register on the EU Citizens Register but with the offer you will not need to have medical cover nor prove you have sufficient income.


Good luck.

PS if you are not an EU Citizen.   If you provide more info I am sure you will get some helpful ,posts.

This message was last edited by johnzx on 13/03/2017.

Like 2      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Real Ale Orihuela Costa - 8 posts
Ziggy - 6 posts
Property Purchase has gone wrong! - 98 posts
Well water - 15 posts
Fire place issue - 11 posts
electric bill - 2 posts
President using a proxy at a board meeting. - 2 posts
Hello! - 5 posts
Yellow Rain - 10 posts
NIE HELP - 17 posts
Lawyer needed - Casares costa. - 2 posts
coto real - 0 posts
Moving to Spain - 8 posts
Lapsed planning permission - 0 posts
When do we need to register? - 26 posts
road trip through the pyranee - 2 posts
Air conditioning work - 9 posts
Keith Rule, Maria de Castro and SpanishReclaim - 19 posts
Scam regarding Actions Against banks Law 57/68 - 5 posts
Floor clauses - 9 posts
PX Your UK flat (IOW) for our 2 up 2 down Town House Alahurin el Grande, Malaga - 0 posts
No win, no fee lawyer desperately needed - 7 posts
Finding long term rentals - 6 posts
Santander bank charges - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x