NIE HELP

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
05 Mar 2017 2:43 PM by coedcoch Star rating in north wales(for now). 16 posts Send private message

good afternoon, could anyone tell me has the process of applying for an nie changed.i have been told that now you have to have a property in mind before you get a nie.this info was given to me by a lawyer in spain

Like 0      
05 Mar 2017 3:02 PM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

not aware of any recent changes to NIE as you suggest

Plenty of advice on line from obtaining an NIE from Spanish embassy in UK to paying companies in Spain or even tony down the pub "locals" to help. Most estate agents offer this service

the last change I am aware of was in regard to residency and having proof of funds to support yourself before residency was granted

Like 1      
05 Mar 2017 3:03 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

Well he's giving you duff info.

Like 1      
05 Mar 2017 3:05 PM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

here is a link from UK govt website

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/residency-requirements-in-spain

Like 0      
05 Mar 2017 3:14 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Coecoch.  If you PM the details I will advise you.

Like 1      
05 Mar 2017 3:26 PM by briando55 Star rating in Yorkshire. 1982 posts Send private message

Coecoch.  The link given to the government website by Tadd should tell you everything and will be both reliable and verifiable.   I think the advice will be stay with that published detail and double check with your local MP if you need to.  That's what they are there for, accurate and free!!!!

Best wishes, Brian

Like 1      
05 Mar 2017 3:57 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

The request was simply about getting an NIE. The link is for residency requirements which is hardly the same thing.

Like 0      
05 Mar 2017 4:06 PM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

bobaol

the link gives info on obtaining an NIE and simply an example as there are many other websites available online. Also the OP indicated they are looking to reside in Spain

NIE's have been discussed many times on this forum (without PM'swink) and using the search function may also help the OP

a simple internet search would also help the OP

Maybe the best advice is go and see another professional and get a 2nd professional opinion face to face rather than on an open forum with anonymous posterswink.

Like 1      
05 Mar 2017 4:06 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Coecoch. The advice at:   http://www.gov.uk/guidance/residency-requirements-in-spain     does explain the requirements, however, you cannot ask questions on anything which you may not fully understand. 

If everyone was able to find and understand advice published on the web, and it is probably all out there,  then EOS and even qualified lawyers posting here would be largely irrelevant,

Like 0      
05 Mar 2017 4:13 PM by briando55 Star rating in Yorkshire. 1982 posts Send private message

I think I mentioned

I think the advice will be stay with that published detail and double check with your local MP if you need to.  That's what they are there for, accurate and free!!!!

yes all the advice, good and bad, is out there on the NET.   That's why your probably better off sticking with the one site ending .gov.uk when you can. 

Best wishes, Brian

Like 1      
05 Mar 2017 4:18 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

The link is all about residency and how you will get a card with your NIE number on it, why sign on the padron and so on. The only bit about NIE is that you need to sign on if you are going to stay over 3 months.

The OP said he'd been told you need property before you can get an NIE which is patently wrong. 

Like 1      
05 Mar 2017 4:19 PM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

however, you cannot ask questions on anything which you may not fully understand.

We do have an invention called a telephone which allows you to ask questions and hear answers or even face to face meetings / appointments etc.

Yes bobaol you are right but it was an example of teh help out there from officla sources and experts

This message was last edited by Tadd1966 on 05/03/2017.

Like 1      
05 Mar 2017 4:39 PM by coedcoch Star rating in north wales(for now). 16 posts Send private message

many thanks to those who offered advice and links,regarding nie-nothing else.As i have been researching for some time about our move to Spain i am aware that,as previously was stated i could obtain nie anytime,the agent in Spain rang us last week to say things have changed,so i contacted my lawyer who emailed stating that an nie can only be obtained when the offer(of the property) has been accepted,so you can understand my query...As for the comment about not posting questions about things i do not fully understand,isn't a forum meant to help people? in fact the forums are full of questions otherwise we would not need them

Like 1      
05 Mar 2017 4:42 PM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

well said coedcoch

That is just what forums are for and we share our views and experiences but we are not experts and everything is not black and white for all

which is why we need the experts to confirm and check what we learn be it from friends, open forums or tony down the pub etc.

good luck and be careful

Like 2      
06 Mar 2017 6:11 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

coedcoch  could anyone tell me has the process of applying for an nie changed. i have been told that now you have to have a property in mind before you get a nie.this info was given to me by a lawyer in spain

This is a shot in the dark.  Having given some more thought to this it maybe,  whilst the rules for applying for an NIE have not changed,  there was an internal instruction to the police a few months ago from the Ministerio, emphasizing that when applications are made the reason must be included in the box so marked (item 4.2 Motivos, on the application form EX15).  Previously, if it was left incomplete it was not usually not questioned. 

The reason for the application can be say,  to open a bank account, buy a property etc.

That maybe was what your lawyer was referring to.  

see http://www.exteriores.gob.es/Embajadas/PRAGA/Documents/Formulario%20EX-15.pdf

This message was last edited by johnzx on 06/03/2017.

Like 0      
06 Mar 2017 8:43 PM by baz1946 Star rating. 2328 posts Send private message

many thanks to those who offered advice and links,regarding nie-nothing else.As i have been researching for some time about our move to Spain i am aware that,as previously was stated i could obtain nie anytime,the agent in Spain rang us last week to say things have changed,so i contacted my lawyer who emailed stating that an nie can only be obtained when the offer(of the property) has been accepted,so you can understand my query...As for the comment about not posting questions about things i do not fully understand,isn't a forum meant to help people? in fact the forums are full of questions otherwise we would not need them

I don't know that much about the legalities that are going on in Spain but I do know that some years ago you could buy a house first,  then get your NIE, I did, and got all my services changed over to us without the NIE, bank accounts I got from the UK which were set up in Spain, transferred money to it with no problems, then got my / our NIE's, now my solicitor has told me that has all changed, no NIE no house etc, nothing mentioned about having a house in mind only that you cannot buy without one.

Still best to check with a good solicitor or who ever you deal with concerning Spain's laws.

Like 0      
06 Mar 2017 10:14 PM by coedcoch Star rating in north wales(for now). 16 posts Send private message

thanks again for the advice,will be meeting up with our lawyer next week,so should be clearer then

Like 0      
17 Mar 2017 6:13 PM by LoopyLisa Star rating. 17 posts Send private message

Hi. 

I dont know if I have missed helping out on this thread.  But we obtained our NIE number here in London at the Consulate.  It cost us £8.50 each and we completed the forms which we downloaded and didnt have to provide any information regarding the property we were buying etc.  This was at the end of last year we did this.  I think that if you are applying in the UK you do have to make it in person at the Consulate.  

I obtained a proforma which had the Spanish translated and an indication of what was required at each request and so filling it in was easy.  The NIE certificates were then sent back via email about 10 days later.  

Very easy and amazingly simple process.

x  

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Lawyer needed - Casares costa. - 2 posts
coto real - 0 posts
Moving to Spain - 8 posts
Lapsed planning permission - 0 posts
SAVING TO BUY PROPERTY? - 5 posts
When do we need to register? - 26 posts
road trip through the pyranee - 2 posts
Air conditioning work - 9 posts
Keith Rule, Maria de Castro and SpanishReclaim - 19 posts
Scam regarding Actions Against banks Law 57/68 - 5 posts
Floor clauses - 9 posts
PX Your UK flat (IOW) for our 2 up 2 down Town House Alahurin el Grande, Malaga - 0 posts
No win, no fee lawyer desperately needed - 7 posts
Finding long term rentals - 6 posts
Santander bank charges - 4 posts
Invalidity pension - 5 posts
Car Center Murcia - 0 posts
Any private health insurance recommendations for living in Spain - 0 posts
jackbean - 4 posts
Fire Stick/Kodi in Spain - 7 posts
Re Registering my LHD vehicle in Spain - 8 posts
Moving to spain hello we are lorenzo 48,Carolien 46 and Cassidy nearly 4 - 4 posts
Your own car hire business - 0 posts
Trampolin Hills and liability of La Caixa and other banks according to LEY 57/1968 - 3 posts
What a relief!! - 6 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 18

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x